PDA

View Full Version : How to use your weapon?

SiRedliner
02-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Well it's been almost a week since I drove off the lot with my 03 Si, and all in all it's been a wild ride. I am not very impressed with the drag capibilities, but this thing handles like nothing I have ever driven. I am a pretty capible at handling a car (a couple years of Auto X) but I do enjoy drag racing when I can catch one. I know you guys know this Si in and out, maybe you could enlighten me on the specifics of lanching, shifting, and what RPMs alow for a quicker time.

Thanks

Cody

02TafWhtSi
02-16-2003, 07:40 PM
I'm no expert either but the few times I've taken her to Englishtown has taught me this car LOVES to wheel hop. I mean big time! I tried street start lauching, 3K clutch drops, and any other combo I could think of. The best chance is to hold at about 2 1/2 K RPM and feather out the clutch while giving some gas - think of an agressive street start. OEM Michelins blow - nobody denies this fact - just keep practicing and you'll find your EPs sweet spot. The only other 1/4 mile issue is that it'll rut out of 3rd gear about 100 feet from the finish line which hurts times a little.

SiRedliner
02-16-2003, 07:47 PM
well lately I have noticed the weak spot would have to be the launch. If the Si is rolling than it more than makes itself known. The quickest I could hit by the end of the interstate on ramp was 85-90 in my Supra. In the Si I suprised myself and hit 95 and I can do it everytime now. It has ALOT to do with the shifting. With the Supra all you had to do was hit it, and hold it till about 500 Rpms before redline and you where straight. The Si had a temper when it comes to RPMs, seems like you have to shift at diffrent RPMs in diffrent gears.