PDA

View Full Version : I talked with HONDATA!!

JEDI-SI
02-18-2003, 01:39 PM
I talked to this guy from Hondata named Javier about the new nitrous flash that was going to come out. He said that there is no such thing coming out, or being worked on. I told him that a few guy's from Ephatch.com talked to Doug, and Doug said there is a nitrous flash in process./ But Javier said there would be no such thing... IS THIS TRUE???...that pisses me off!

TrippZ
02-18-2003, 05:45 PM
:X call again and try to talk to doug or whoever

JEDI-SI
02-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Here is the update..I called and talked to Doug and doug said that there was no Hondata nitrous flash coming out..I thought MYEVERLOVINSIR said he talked to Doug...right.?...thats weird!

myeverlovinsir
02-18-2003, 07:30 PM
What was happening, and was conveyed by Doug, was that they were working on a tune for the new Edlebrock nitrous on the EP3. Doug also mentioned that they (Edelbrock) would be releasing their nitrous setup. It is out now, and I have no idea how it compares to NOS, NX express or any other kit out there price or quality wise.

Edelbrock (http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html) (go to: see whats new for 2003; nitrous systems and components)

I guess Hondata is not offering any new tune as a result of their tests with Edelbrock. Probably was found not to be required from the stock ECU settings, which is more economical. If you plan to go with more than 70 shot, then I expect you will wind up doing damage to your engine. Such as what happened to bioevolve (105 shot). I am not a big fan of nitrous, but if you plan to run it, I suggest you stay below the 70 shot limits used by Edelbrock. Sorry if this caused any confusion.:o

JEDI-SI
02-18-2003, 08:54 PM
MYEVERLOVINSIR, I have about 1600 dollars to spend on my car, in your opinion would you get the new hondata flash that works with mods or skip right to the nitrous..I already have i/h/e...if I get the new flash what else could I do to my engine?...thanks

K20NutBucket
02-18-2003, 09:45 PM
i have been trying to follow this issue but has hondata come out with a flash that works with bolt ons?? I think a couple of guys had problems losing hp with bolt ons and the flash, sorry if this has been covered but theres a lot of posts.

JEDI-SI
02-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Yea, the first flash did not react well to mod's. But they fixed the timing on the flash and now so far it's working good with bolton's...

95 GSR
02-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
. If you plan to go with more than 70 shot, then I expect you will wind up doing damage to your engine. Such as what happened to bioevolve (105 shot).

sorry about off topic post but what happen to Bioevolve's engine???

Hondata
02-19-2003, 12:01 PM
We have been talking with Edelbrock and intend to test our flash program on one of their nitrous systems in a Civic and RSX as soon as possible.

JEDI-SI
02-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Will the motor be able to take the 8000rpm strain...???It's a sure buy from me if Hondata can make the edelbrock system work with the flash...

myeverlovinsir
02-19-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by JEDI-SI
MYEVERLOVINSIR, I have about 1600 dollars to spend on my car, in your opinion would you get the new hondata flash that works with mods or skip right to the nitrous..I already have i/h/e...if I get the new flash what else could I do to my engine?...thanks

Yeah, I know it's getting even harder to squeeze power out of this engine beyond where I am now. I have money waiting to spend as well. If I do anything else with the engine, it will have to be a head swap first then JRSC. I have not had alot of time to locate a head yet, but it should all come together this summer.

I would recommend the Hondata flash as your next step.:D