PDA

View Full Version : Funny CEL problem

pocketrocket
02-18-2003, 02:07 PM
Alright, so I've been running the 75 shot for awhile, basically, everytime I use it, my CEL comes on. I was resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery and everything would be fine. There would be no side effects whatsoever, just the CEL would come on. Now the other day, I hadn't reset the ECU yet and went to go get gas. So I filled up and did the three clicks or more on the gas cap, start the car, and bam, no CEL.
So anyone have a clue on why my damn CEL comes on?
Will it come on if I run rich when spraying?

Thanks
-PR

bioevolve
02-18-2003, 06:26 PM
I dont know how much fuel you are running in with n2o, more than likely it will come on if are running rich.
CEL's from that are read on the 1st and 2nd o2 sensors. Releasing the gas cap helps relieve fuel pressure, maybe you just helped it reset after refueling and starting the car.

MY CEL is on all the time now hehehehehe(broke motor);)

CSMsi311
02-20-2003, 12:47 PM
do you know what CEL number it was? I get a 1 (primary O2 sensor) and 45 (system too rich/lean) every few weeks from running rich with my jrsc.

Jason

pocketrocket
02-20-2003, 06:48 PM
Nah, I haven't taken it to the dealer to have it read. But it doesn't seem to have any side effects, so I'm not too worried, just curious.

-PR

CSMsi311
02-20-2003, 07:19 PM
on my 99 si i can short the service connector and the CEL will do long blinks and short blinks to tell you the code. I'm not sure if you can do this on the new Si's or now. That is why I asked.

Jason