PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro-Street Coilover Kit

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-19-2003, 06:11 AM
I just got the new Sport Compact Car, and Eibach has a new add on one of the first pages showing their new coilovers. In several mags last month they showcased the SEMA show and when they talked about this kit they always refered to the EP. I visited their web-site, but it has no updates. Has anyone heard anything about the availability of this kit, and/or price?

yomamaInMySi
02-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch
I just got the new Sport Compact Car, and Eibach has a new add on one of the first pages showing their new coilovers. In several mags last month they showcased the SEMA show and when they talked about this kit they always refered to the EP. I visited their web-site, but it has no updates. Has anyone heard anything about the availability of this kit, and/or price?

I spoke with a guy from Eibach and he said that there will be two kits available. Both coming from Germany and should be here by the end of March (no price yet), so expect a month after that to be release. Also the kit that you saw on the mag (which I did as well), is going to cost an arm and a leg. The other kit is going to be less expensive, but not as fancy looking, with out the adjustable shocks, top hats etc.

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-19-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi

I spoke with a guy from Eibach and he said that there will be two kits available. Both coming from Germany and should be here by the end of March (no price yet), so expect a month after that to be release. Also the kit that you saw on the mag (which I did as well), is going to cost an arm and a leg. The other kit is going to be less expensive, but not as fancy looking, with out the adjustable shocks, top hats etc.

You weren't able to find out any general price range for the two kits? I really want some adjustables, mostly for height, but dampening force would be nice too. Surely they will be less expensive than the other kits on the market ex: Tien.

fishboy
02-19-2003, 12:26 PM
if height adjustment is your priority and you don't want to spend and arm and a leg why don't you just get some ground control or skunk2 coilovers. they are around 300 dollars for the set. i have some gcs they are cool for now until my shocks give way. when the shocks give, i am debating on replacing them with a full coilover kit or complimenting them with some konis or kybs. if you want an adjustable ride there are more options out there than just the teins.:)

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
if height adjustment is your priority and you don't want to spend and arm and a leg why don't you just get some ground control or skunk2 coilovers. they are around 300 dollars for the set. i have some gcs they are cool for now until my shocks give way. when the shocks give, i am debating on replacing them with a full coilover kit or complimenting them with some konis or kybs. if you want an adjustable ride there are more options out there than just the teins.:)

Yea, I've looked in to the GC's and the skunk2's, but I don't want to use them with stock shocks, sooo...either I have to wait for someone to bring out some shocks specifically for the EP or I can just get coilovers. I would be happy either way...althought...heheh...I would be more happy if I didn't have to spend so much. I've been thinking of getting some progress springs to hold me over, but then I saw this add for the Eibachs and they look very nice.

yomamaInMySi
02-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch

You weren't able to find out any general price range for the two kits? I really want some adjustables, mostly for height, but dampening force would be nice too. Surely they will be less expensive than the other kits on the market ex: Tien.

The guy said that the least expensive kit (the one with out the top hats and dampening adjustment) should be around 1200 bucks, the ones that you saw on the magazine are going to be really expensive but he couldn't even give me a price on those.