PDA

View Full Version : EP mudguards

anjapower
02-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Anyone know how these mount? Do I need to screw them in or do they clip on? I don't want to drill into my car body for them, but if they don't involve screwing of any kind, I am gonna get them for the winter months.

AkronSi
02-19-2003, 02:03 PM
They screw in, but I'm sure they use factory holes. I had mine installed at the dealer, so I'm not sure.

They are worth it though.

silver ep
02-19-2003, 02:32 PM
You should have them installed at the dealer if you can, I just srewed mine in, but I had to take the wheels off...kind of a pain.

esmith13
02-19-2003, 02:35 PM
do it yourself...

I took mine off without removing the wheels...

You just need a stubby screwdriver... 2" or shorter. Then you can do it with the wheels on... if you haven't lowered your car... yet... :D

LordKoo
02-19-2003, 03:01 PM
To make your life easier, get a power screw.

It is screw on but these is no holes in the rear, so with power tool you can have it on less than 5 mins.

Jacking up your car for the rear, so you won't have to remove the wheels. For the front, just turn left or right for each side.

Mudguards is a must in my opinion because gravel and tars can destroy a good underbody....

BlasTech
02-19-2003, 04:23 PM
I installed mine with a stubby screwdriver and the wheels on.

If you turn the front wheels you'll have room easy, and like LordKoo said, jack up the back end to get the wheel to 'hang' low, and you'll have just enough room to work.

You'll need to wash half as often, which is worth it IMO.

lewjay
02-19-2003, 04:34 PM
No need to screw in new holes in the rear. Do yourself a favor and go to your local Honda dealership's parts department and ask for a print out of the directions.

ortedd
02-19-2003, 06:28 PM
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/02si/splashguards.pdf

I did it. . .REAL EASY, i think that i took the rear tires off, because it was easier.

william
02-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Be careful, i installed mine myselfe, but a week later i found out that the right front mud guard had rubbed a small hole in my paint! So check for clearances and stuff. But after i trimmed the side a touch it hasnt given me any problems.

kenis138
02-20-2003, 10:42 AM
yup, just use a stubby. I noticed yer from Mass, Im from RI, same weather!! My one complaint w/ them is that in the snow, you get A LOT of collection on the front guards. Just be sure to kick em clean before it freezes or you'll be in for a bumpy ride :D

HondaMan
02-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Good info...thanks folks!

ortedd
02-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by kenis138
yup, just use a stubby. I noticed yer from Mass, Im from RI, same weather!! My one complaint w/ them is that in the snow, you get A LOT of collection on the front guards. Just be sure to kick em clean before it freezes or you'll be in for a bumpy ride :D

I had about an 1/8 inch of clearence between the tire and ice at one point. . . it came off with a crunch.