PDA

View Full Version : Finished the Black/Amber Headlights -check updated pics-

ADMstunna
02-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Sup erbody. i finished the lights, wheeww. that shyt got my back hurtin like a mug. but it looks reall goood. looks like S2000 headlights now!! here is the thread in the "Lights" forum

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8919

now im gonna make a homemade ground kit - anybody got any last minute suggestions, advice? its all about the cheap practical upgrades!! let me here ur comments on the lights, peace yall.

DownTheHatch
02-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Can we see the whole car? Looks good.

ADMstunna
02-19-2003, 03:48 PM
more pics are in the link i posted from the "Lighting" forum

dustinhurley
02-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Look exactly like this. You have the same taste as the Honda Concept technicians. Unless this is where you got the idea.
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/12/civicsiconcept03_01.jpg

grooveline
02-19-2003, 04:09 PM
how did you do that? the amber color. and weren't you worried that you could screw your lights up hardcore?

cease
02-19-2003, 04:10 PM
looks good. does your car have a pin stripe?

r3p00c
02-19-2003, 05:33 PM
wow! that looks pretty sweet, man. Can you give us the exact names of the colors you used, so we can do it as well? I think I'm gonna make this a weekend project.

ADMstunna
02-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
Look exactly like this. You have the same taste as the Honda Concept technicians. Unless this is where you got the idea.
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/12/civicsiconcept03_01.jpg

ahhh yes, that is where i got the idea from. i liked the blackhousing idea - but i always thought it was missing something, then when i saw the turn signal in amber on a picture of that Honda Concept Car - i was like holy shiet, that would be tight to do the blackhousing and amber corner. yeah the car has a pinstripe as well.

i did the ground kit earth thingy whatever- i haven't driven the car yet, but the lights dim less when i have my radio up loud! so thats a plus. i grounded the intake manifold/ alternator/ valve cover/ stock engine mount ground - all str8 to the battery.

JSIR
02-19-2003, 09:10 PM
looks good. But if our cars came stock with that amber colour I bet everyone would be working to make them clear like they did on the older Civics. Sometimes its just about being different I think.

good work though !

ADMstunna
02-19-2003, 09:22 PM
naw, not me. i never liked the clear corner craze. when i had my typeR i made the mistake of puttin the clear corners. i took them off not too long after and have been loving amber ever since..... look at the S2000 headlight thats what i really copied, cuz they are flat black with amber..... people who put clear corners and diffusers on S2000 are crazy in my opinion. i think amber looks good on any color car. im not trying to be different, im trying to like the stock headlights more - cuz i sure as hell didnt really like them all completely chrome and clear.

napapacoda
02-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Could you show any pics on how you did the earthing system. I am mainly curious on how you routed the wire (If I do it, I want to try and make it a real clean install) and additionally, how did you get all those wires to connect to the ground without a distribution block or something else?

Jpax
02-19-2003, 11:53 PM
I think i have enuf yellow on my car thanks, BTW: I like yours though...:p

Dunrick
02-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by ADMstunna
naw, not me. i never liked the clear corner craze. when i had my typeR i made the mistake of puttin the clear corners. i took them off not too long after and have been loving amber ever since..... look at the S2000 headlight thats what i really copied, cuz they are flat black with amber..... people who put clear corners and diffusers on S2000 are crazy in my opinion. i think amber looks good on any color car. im not trying to be different, im trying to like the stock headlights more - cuz i sure as hell didnt really like them all completely chrome and clear.

Word - You too are a arteest! I think it looks so nice, and wanted to do it! Unfortunetly I've done my damn headlights twice now and a third just seems rediculous....Maybe in a few years --

AkronSi
02-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Those look good. Nice work.

SiR Medic
02-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Looks good!

Mad02Si
02-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Looks good. Always nice for people to do different things that actualy turn out nice. :)

golferjn
02-20-2003, 09:00 PM
nice pics. good job

c0mf0rt
06-25-2003, 01:08 PM
SO WHAT COLORS???? What kinda paint did you use for the amber????? Where'd you pick it up???

Zero Three Si
06-25-2003, 01:35 PM
I won't lie....it does look good...but there is wayyyy too much effort involved.

1. take off your bumper
2. Take out the headlight
3. But the headlight in the oven
4. Take the headlight apart
5. paint it
6. etc

More props to those who do it.....

:rolleyes:

greenguy
06-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by c0mf0rt
SO WHAT COLORS???? What kinda paint did you use for the amber????? Where'd you pick it up???
Way to use the search feature! You should get a prize!

HK_EP3
06-25-2003, 02:21 PM
dun think u will get any reply, because AMDstunna already traded in his EP for a EVO!!!!