PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust note changing after engine break in?

snubnose
07-28-2002, 04:46 PM
My black Si has just over 1,000 miles on it. I think I am noticing a change in the exhaust note now that the engine has broken in.

Now it seems deeper and lustier like a lion roaring at a fresh kill.

Whenever I release the gas pedal to change gears, I hear a deep, throaty growl as if the Si is angry that its feeding supply has been interrupted.

This sound is very pleasurable.

SBC31
07-28-2002, 04:57 PM
I have also noticed this, and I love the sound considering it's all stock.

stingyboy
07-28-2002, 05:08 PM
LMAO man!!!

Now it seems deeper and lustier like a lion roaring at a fresh kill.

are you a writer?! :p

SpeedRacer
07-28-2002, 05:35 PM
yea that is pretty funny i got a sick ass titanium exhaust and it sounds fucking crazy. People were gathered around my car at the shop they were saying stuff like i have never heard a honda sound like that it is so damn deep i love it so much i would shoot myself if someone stole my ride.

TezGari
07-28-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
yea that is pretty funny i got a sick ass titanium exhaust and it sounds fucking crazy. People were gathered around my car at the shop they were saying stuff like i have never heard a honda sound like that it is so damn deep i love it so much i would shoot myself if someone stole my ride.

Lojack..I did.......
The Exhuast is sweet!

Riflez
07-29-2002, 03:56 AM
Same happens on the Type-R..after about 2500 miles she opens up properly..quite amuzing to take it roaring through a tunnel :)

1fastminivan
07-29-2002, 07:44 AM
Riflez,
if you dont mind me asking, are you planning on doing any mods to your CTR? or do you have any mods done yet? Please post if you do I would love to know anything about the CTR..hehe:D

Riflez
07-29-2002, 08:08 AM
Waiting on the Blitz induction kit to come into stock over here...theres alot of talk that its not possible to chip the ECU so i may have to look at a Full replacement.

A change of exhaust is also on the cards after my holiday.

Other than that theres not too many mods that you can get away with without insurers nailing you over here

1fastminivan
07-29-2002, 08:19 AM
thats awesome! Keep us updated when you do finally do these mods, especially the blitz kit. Peace

Riflez
07-29-2002, 08:22 AM
Certainly..im hoping i dont spend all the money i have set aside for my holiday so i can buy one when i get back..would like it fitted before our two weeks of summer are over :)

civic hatch boi
07-29-2002, 08:18 PM
i have around 800 miles. should i hear a diff yet? my exh is still quiet :( i wish it was louder like a roar! not a prrr

SmoothOperator
07-29-2002, 09:52 PM
My car's fully broken in now, and I'm still not happy with the exhaust note. Could be because my last civic had a really deep throaty sound. I suppose I'm still used to that. But hopefully once I do my exhaust, mwuhahahaha things will change!!!

02si
07-31-2002, 12:14 PM
well my car has 5 g's on it and there is definitely a difference.
I still sometimes think my exhaust has sprung a leak a compared to the way it was at say 2500 miles.

and it still cruises quietly