PDA

View Full Version : Port and polished

JEDI-SI
02-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Has any one in here ever thought about doing a port and polished job to our cars...On the older si's getting it done had pretty good result's....would it work?.....how much?....

S2KplusSI
02-20-2003, 09:35 PM
I think it's a good idea, but I'd rather save my money and get a K20A or A2. If you want to keep the stock engine, it'd probably be worth the money. I've known of a three-angle job running about $500, five-angle $600, but it might be more since I don't know anyone who has ported and polished the stock head.

JEDI-SI
02-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Where can i get this done...any ideas...what kind of gain's would i be looking at?

2k2ep
03-09-2003, 02:55 PM
its tricky id do the head swap and have it p&p and three angle valves but you may not need to do much porting just polishing hondas are pretty good about this aspect of design id get a book for preformance hondas even if its for older designs B series it will will still give you a good idea of where to remove material for certain gains and then take it to the most reputable machine shop in your area and work with them to acheve your goals make them understand what you want you will be happiest with that im sure at least thats what i want to do

Jodster
03-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Swapping a Type R head would own. Even if you didn't P&P it.

2k2ep
03-11-2003, 04:55 PM
hell yea id eventually like to do it

PAsi
03-11-2003, 09:41 PM
This is the reply I received from RPM NYC if anyone's ever heard of it. They specialize in Honda and Acura and have been featured in a lot of magazines. Here's what they said:
"When you port a head you are increasing the amount of air that can be flow through the head. By increase air and spark and fuel you will increase HP. You can use your stock cams if you have a ported head, it's not a problem. You should see about 15hp increase from a port and polished head. " Hope this helps some people if they plan on doing this.

JEDI-SI
03-13-2003, 11:35 PM
So stock cams will work?.....R You sure it wont take away bottom end torque???

j spek chucks
03-16-2003, 07:47 PM
try PYR in houston i dont know there number but there web site is www.pyr-racing.com talk to peter