PDA

View Full Version : curious question about posters of your car.

ChapSchtick
02-20-2003, 05:48 PM
Just curious you guys, I have the oppurtunity to be able to take professional pictures of cars for custom posters. I would like some feedback on this if possible, if it sounds like something you guys would like to do. I am able to have the car completely detailed, placed in a studio or not, by preference, and even have models there as well. I was thinking about offering this in a poster size format, like 3' X 4' or there abouts.

Tell me if this sounds like something you or someone you know might like to do, prices for the complete service are still up in the air as I haven't been able to feel out the scene just yet.

Brettnyt
02-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Damn, if I wasnt stock and I was nearby I would be all over that!

Suk02Si
02-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
me too:D

chakra71
02-20-2003, 07:29 PM
i would love to have a poster of my ride, once i get it modified smor. :D

EViLsneakyDUCK
02-20-2003, 07:36 PM
i wouldnt mind having a poster of my ep, even if it is stock :) serisously...who wouldnt want a poster of their own car regardless if it was stock or not :D also depends on pricing too since I basically have no money :'(

fyzm7357
02-21-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

Ditto

03hatch
02-21-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si

me too:D

me three :cool:

BlackFL2k2Si
02-21-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm near but I need to see how much $$$ it would be :D

ChapSchtick
02-21-2003, 10:38 AM
soon as I can work out the kinks about pricing you guys will be the first to know, thanks for the feedback.

autojive
02-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Will this be a 36x48 photographic print or a print that will come off a large format printer? Either way, I'm thinking that something like this may be out of range cost-wise for most people here.

- Car Detailing: $50+
- Studio/Professional Photographer time: as much as $100+ an hour plus developing costs if working with film.

----plus one or the other of the following----

- Computer time (either working from a file from a really good digital camera or a scan from a transparency): anywhere from $40 to $125+ an hour
- Printing to a Large Format printer, and UV lamination of print: $70 to $150+
(plus extra for mounting and/or framing if needed)

----or----

- developing of negs (2 1/4 or 4x5), and printing to 36x48 photographic paper: as much as $150
- Plus, mounting, UV lamination, & framing if optioned: $50-$150 extra for these.

These are estimates according to how these are priced competitively in my area (not to mention from the studio that I work for). I think that it's a great idea and some may go for it, but it may not be as cheap as some people would think that it would be. $260 to $425 per piece is a lot to some people for only one custom print though some would see the value in it (I do). Unless you find some way to discount it further, through the sheer volume of cars that you plan to photograph or whatever, you may unfortunately not have many takers on your offer. :(