PDA

View Full Version : H&R Sports for 02 Civic Si = RSX = base Civic?

dchu
02-20-2003, 07:06 PM
So my H&R Sports just got delivered and I had to make sure I got the correct springs (part #51866-2). There are two part # stickers on each side of the box, but the weird thing is that there are 3 stickers slapped on top of each other for both sides. I ripped off one side and found the bottom sticker to be for the RSX, the middle 01+ Civic, and finally 02 Civic Si on top. The numbers on the spring don't match any of the part numbers for an RSX or Civic, so I assume it's the spring rate other info. Do you think H&R or the shop just slapped a new sticker on the box but same spring?

EP33
02-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Call H&R. Your part number should be printed on the spring.

The part number should also face out at all four corners once installed properly. If you tell me you have H&R spings, I should be able to walk up to your car and look at the spring through the wheel or with the wheel off or when the car is in the air . . and see the printed information on the spring.

BTW - 50148 (RSX)
51866 (Non SI 2001-Civic)
51866-2 (02-Si)*Should be on the Spring!

If not get some more with it on there. . . . . .

02SilverSiHB
02-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by EP33
Call H&R. Your part number should be printed on the spring.

The part number should also face out at all four corners once installed properly. If you tell me you have H&R spings, I should be able to walk up to your car and look at the spring through the wheel or with the wheel off or when the car is in the air . . and see the printed information on the spring.

BTW - 50148 (RSX)
51866 (Non SI 2001-Civic)
51866-2 (02-Si)*Should be on the Spring!

If not get some more with it on there. . . . . .

Ditto that!
Sounds strange as hell....three different part numbers on some springs....shady!

dchu
02-22-2003, 12:01 PM
The only numbers on the spring is "29 359". I found a post on clubrsx, where some guy had the same part numbers on Sports for his RSX. He thought he got civic springs, but it was never resolved. I also dug up an old HCI magazine showing H&R Sport installation on a Si and I could make out the same numbers from the pictures. Hopefully they weren't installing regular civic springs on a Si. I'll have to call H&R on monday since they aren't open right now. Thanks for the help.

EP33
02-22-2003, 04:18 PM
I just picked up some H&Rs and I have the same number on them.

So either we are both getting screwed or it's all good. Bet your as_ I'll be on the phone with H&R on Monday 2/24/03 asking WTF???

BTW The H&R box I have has a total of 3 layers of P/N stickers on it too. So maybe your shop is not at fault.

I also could've sworn Tirerack sold H&R Sports for the 02 Si. Now when I look them up the only thing available are the Eibachs. Possibly related to this part# confusion.
:o

dchu
02-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Yeah Tirerack did sell H&R Sports for EP's but they were selling regular Civic springs as compatible with our cars. Somebody on here bitched them out and they removed them off the site after. Where did you get your springs from? I got mine from cartunerz.com.

EP33
02-22-2003, 06:28 PM
I got mine from inlinefour.com. They're in Westminster, SoCal. I sent them an e-mail asking why there are 3 layers of part number stickers on my box and they haven't responded yet. I bought them in person. So i'll take these bad boys back on Monday if I don't get some decent answers.

I planned on installing them tomorrow, but not now.

_hit.

RacingCivicSi02
02-23-2003, 10:40 PM
i got my springs from inline4 also. i didn't check the part number though. i juss slapped it on.

EP33
02-24-2003, 10:01 AM
How do you like them?

RacingCivicSi02
02-24-2003, 04:12 PM
rides pretty nice compared to stock. the drop looks awesome too when your on the freeway. and staying still

EP33
02-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Hey I called H&R and they confirmed everything is cool. He said as long as there were bar codes on the different part number box labels cool. He also read back to me the correct model number painted on the springs themselves. So as soon as I get my shocks in the mail and slap'em on I'll post the info. Hopefully the shocks will be here by the weekend.

dchu
02-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Cool, thanks man. Now if it doesn't rain Friday, I can put them on. Just my luck that it would start raining after a relatively dry winter. Supposed to have motorcycle class tomorrow and the weekend too :mad:. If I luck out and it doesn't rain, I'll be sure to get some before and after pics.