PDA

View Full Version : brake upgrade with stock wheels

chakra71
02-20-2003, 07:26 PM
ok, so i have had my car since september and i'm pretty sure i need brake pads... so might as well just upgrade the whole thing, but i don't want to do wheels just yet. So after about an hour of using the search feature and not finding what i need, i'll post up a new inquiry.

Anyone have info on a good brake upgrade (larger rotors/4 piston caliper) that will fit with the stock wheels? any info/links is greatly appreciated.

chet
02-20-2003, 08:15 PM
DocofMind has a Wilwood setup. You might try Pming him. Already need new pads, Huh? If you can't PM him, Pm me and let me know.

Jpax
02-20-2003, 08:21 PM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6978

Oh and by the way, I am ordering this set up thursday. .. the pics in this forum is of a one pice rotor, he has 2 pices now.:D

And Ask for the EPhatch.com Specal..tell um PaX sent ya.

http://www.brakezone.com/

Call the Ordering #;)

chet
02-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Definitely let us know what you think Pax, when you get them. I am going to be ordering around the end of the month.

Jpax
02-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by chet
Definitely let us know what you think Pax, when you get them. I am going to be ordering around the end of the month.

You bet. I still have your address, so ill send you the DIY Disc 2 when I install them..I will take some pics when it comes. they should be shipping next week by FRI...

chet
02-20-2003, 08:43 PM
That sounds excellent, thanks. :cool:

chakra71
02-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by chet
DocofMind has a Wilwood setup. You might try Pming him. Already need new pads, Huh? If you can't PM him, Pm me and let me know.

i saw his latest thread with the upgrade, too bad it won't fit on the stockers, and are way over my budget right now.

yeah i allready need new pads, sucks, and what's worse is i can feel the rotors are getting warped. i tend to drive real hard, and brake even harder. that's why i'm doing suspension/brakes before i do the more basic bolt on power adders. I live for handling... more power just gets me more tickets :'(

Jpax
02-21-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by chakra71

i saw his latest thread with the upgrade, too bad it won't fit on the stockers, and are way over my budget right now.

750 bucks for the fronts with ALL hardwear, You got to be shitting me, thats the best price on the facking internet....If you find REAL wilwood brake system for under that please post it.....Besides when i had BMX269, his girl, and my wife in the EP Jesus crist i couldn't take any corner over 30mph, ABS was kicking in and it got worse when i was getting on it........the stock brakes SUCK on the EP...

BlasTech
02-21-2003, 06:41 PM
But the $750 brake kit is definitely costly if you are required to spend an extra 600-1000 on wheels big enough to go around them.

chakra71, I heard good things about the Hawk brake pads in another thread here. Do a quick search for Hawk and see.

Jpax
02-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
But the $750 brake kit is definitely costly if you are required to spend an extra 600-1000 on wheels big enough to go around them.

Why do you got be that way...;)

you can use a nice 16" wheel and use this kit...:cool:

chakra71
02-21-2003, 07:06 PM
a) i'm broke, just moved
b) i'm broke and getting springs next week
c) i'm broke and need brake pads and a rotor turning at the least
d) did i mention i'm broke
e) new wheels = new tires and i'm broke

it's not really that bad, but i have to plan these things in advance, i could probably go for a month or so on the brakes as they are, but i'll give them a good looking at next week while doing my springs.