PDA

View Full Version : winger

blackthreat
02-21-2003, 03:06 PM
My first question goes out to all that have imitation type r wings/ has any of you compared them in person next to a real wing/ is the imatation wavey or have any signs of fiber glass ounce painted/ is the middle light a honda part or is that also an imatation/ I ask this because 100 dallors compared to 650 is a big deal when it comes to the back wing/ hell for that price I would rather get the mugen/ its just the thought of haveing a fake part on my car that makes me feal------

02SilverSiHB
02-21-2003, 04:34 PM
I never have had the chance to pull up next to a Civic Type R...maybe it's because they don't sell them in the states, but it looks the same when I see the pics on the net.
I don't care that it's an "Imitation" of the type r wing...because it looks the same, does the same thing, and looks great. The light in the middle most likely is not a honda part....seeing how it's not made by honda in the first place. Having a part that costs 650 that also doesn't fit, needs modification, and knowing that there is a cheaper wing that looks the same, would make me feel-----

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p24b8415085477f513283c570db2a4c5e/fd13c7f7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/pbc55a76b413283b76862c6330b7eeab0/fd13c7fa.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p3a93a5a720f12e3548476abd6d0592fb/fd13c7fb.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p62fa5f53ee2592f86cd1060d6d3a80c8/fd13c7fd.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/p3f2d07c5ae465cd08a6266d0e570b1ac/fd00a13a.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p921a7637e0c67dfe6c8ebe90553a32c8/fcdd8b5c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pb45e2606b7ec29b24e148dbaa6b962dd/fcc6b69d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pc45df9f8b6a78a5aa6e4f7ac9dd8e221/fcb0b68e.jpg

DownTheHatch
02-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Get the $99 dollar one, no point in getting a jdm part for $650 and then grinding the hell out of it.

My wing looks authentic no signs of fiberglass, it's a great one-off.

S2KplusSI
02-21-2003, 04:55 PM
The cheapest I've found the wing is $250, where can I get one for $100?!? I wouldn't mind having an imitation wing on my car. Think of it this way, is you car a Type R, no, so why are you trying to make it a Type R with REAL Type R parts. If I had the money to use the real parts I would, but I don't(two car payments+mods) so I want the fake one. Looks just as good to me.

blackthreat
02-21-2003, 05:19 PM
The ------ was ricey/ I think it all come done to how much of an enthusiast you are/ im not saying your not im just saying/ if you want to be a pure enthusiast nothing but the best will do/ and im also not saying that i am the purest to/ if i was that nuespeed short shifter wouldnt have came anywere near my car/ Also what wing is that on your car/{meaning from were}

ULTRAMANIA
02-21-2003, 05:58 PM
seriously.. where did you guys get your wing for a $100?

todaCspec
02-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
seriously.. where did you guys get your wing for a $100?

It was a $100 + $40 for shipping. That price was like month's ago, that price no longer exists. The seller doesn't have any more and will not import any more. The cheapest i've seen has been $185(w/clear brake light) to Erebuni's for $250. Wings West is a direct fit w/o modification but no brake light.

Cone Killer
02-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by blackthreat
The ------ was ricey/ I think it all come done to how much of an enthusiast you are/ im not saying your not im just saying/ if you want to be a pure enthusiast nothing but the best will do/ and im also not saying that i am the purest to/ if i was that nuespeed short shifter wouldnt have came anywere near my car/ Also what wing is that on your car/{meaning from were}

wow....can't belive that's what you think all this "being a pure enthusiast" What a bunch of bull***t. I'm not here to put spoon this and JDM that on my car. Modding your car just to be cool or just for the name, or just for the so called braggin rights, which just make me want laugh at these people more, is retarded. I could car less about your JDM oil cap or your spoon magnetic oil drain bolt. It doen't make you cool, it makes you superficial and fake. You end up trying to be "x" and you can never get there and you are always trying to get there by adding these stupid "name brand" stuff to you car in hopes to get there. And what happens? You end up selling the car because you failed and trying over with a new generation of car with new fads. It never stops and people are still retarded. YOU WILL FAIL!!!

Now if my friend here wants to put a "no name" wing on his car because he can see how retarded the "scene" is about status, by all means do it. But when you begin to see things as, I have to have JDM and nothing else, you have fallen into the worlds trap for your hard money by putting up an idea as "inspired by the true enthusiast" when it's just a bunch of guys who got it for free, and then the "true enthusiast" sees the item and has to have it. :mad: What if he said it was a JDM wing? Would you know the difference? No, you would not.

Whatever...go on with your pathetic lives.

02SilverSiHB
02-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Cone Killer

wow....can't belive that's what you think all this "being a pure enthusiast" What a bunch of bull***t. I'm not here to put spoon this and JDM that on my car. Modding your car just to be cool or just for the name, or just for the so called braggin rights, which just make me want laugh at these people more, is retarded. I could car less about your JDM oil cap or your spoon magnetic oil drain bolt. It doen't make you cool, it makes you superficial and fake. You end up trying to be "x" and you can never get there and you are always trying to get there by adding these stupid "name brand" stuff to you car in hopes to get there. And what happens? You end up selling the car because you failed and trying over with a new generation of car with new fads. It never stops and people are still retarded. YOU WILL FAIL!!!

Now if my friend here wants to put a "no name" wing on his car because he can see how retarded the "scene" is about status, by all means do it. But when you begin to see things as, I have to have JDM and nothing else, you have fallen into the worlds trap for your hard money by putting up an idea as "inspired by the true enthusiast" when it's just a bunch of guys who got it for free, and then the "true enthusiast" sees the item and has to have it. :mad: What if he said it was a JDM wing? Would you know the difference? No, you would not.

Whatever...go on with your pathetic lives.
WHOA! LOL :p
Yeah, some people think it's some kind of statement/trade mark/superior style....to have all JDM/spoon, etc. Oh well, let them spend the money. I can't see how a "real" CTR wing is going to fit any different.....seeing how it's going to have to be modified....and it's not like the light on the "real" CTR wing is technologically advanced over the other...as if they Honda knew more about a light than some one else :p

02SilverSiHB
02-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by blackthreat
uh....okay?
Anyway, I bought the wing off of ebay from a company called makotoautotrends. I'm not sure if they still sell them on ebay or not. But they have a web site: www.makotoautotrends.com
I "hear" that the makoto one was better than the procarparts one because it had more layers of primer than the procarparts one. Is that true.....? I really have no facts to back that up. If you're really into all that JDM stuff, I understand you want that OEM fitament....but....you have to shave the hell out of it, so what's the point in buying? But if you must...then do it. Seeing how it will already be painted to match....I'm assuming the CTR black is the same as the US....where as the white is a different shade and we US peeps have no red....and the JDM CTR doesn't come in Silver (which doesn't really refer to you)....so anyway, I'd say no more than 100 for the install/modification....not sure how prices are where your at. So if the wing cost 650, it'll end up being 750....I payed 140 shipped for my wing, and 250 for painting/modification/installing....so I saved 360 bucks....not too bad and something to think about.

03hatch
02-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

uh....okay?
Anyway, I bought the wing off of ebay from a company called makotoautotrends. I'm not sure if they still sell them on ebay or not. But they have a web site: www.makotoautotrends.com
I "hear" that the makoto one was better than the procarparts one because it had more layers of primer than the procarparts one. Is that true.....? I really have no facts to back that up. If you're really into all that JDM stuff, I understand you want that OEM fitament....but....you have to shave the hell out of it, so what's the point in buying? But if you must...then do it. Seeing how it will already be painted to match....I'm assuming the CTR black is the same as the US....where as the white is a different shade and we US peeps have no red....and the JDM CTR doesn't come in Silver (which doesn't really refer to you)....so anyway, I'd say no more than 100 for the install/modification....not sure how prices are where your at. So if the wing cost 650, it'll end up being 750....I payed 140 shipped for my wing, and 250 for painting/modification/installing....so I saved 360 bucks....not too bad and something to think about.

there the same company just two names. they all carry the same parts. if you order from makoto or procarparts..you getting the same product cause there the same people that runs it :D

-LAW-
02-22-2003, 09:33 AM
i have the fake type r wing .. it only cost me 200 bucks shipped and i just finished grinning the shit out of it yesterday to make them fit perfectly ... but i think its worth it .. if u want to spend 650 on a wing .. i wouldnt get the real CTR wing i rather buy the mugen wing instead .. good luck on your decision ...

I am also a JDM enthusiast ... i am collecting mugen parts for the car but sometimes prices are too extreme .. and i want to make my car look nice .. so i bought the fake wing for now , then maybe later on when i have more money to spend then i would buy the mugen wing and sell the old one .. i wouldnt make money of the old one but u can see the different stages of your car .. i mean you can get whatever u want ... building ur car is your own style ...

About the fake type r wing .. i bought mine from ebay from RenoAuto (i think) ... its made from a thick fiberglass ... its really nice quality .. my friend who got a body shop said its made in high quality fiberglass ... and it took me a while grinding it too .. hehehe .. good luck man ...

SmoothOperator
02-22-2003, 02:35 PM
If you're in Canada, here's an option for you. Check out this SITE. (http://www.2loww.com/storeindex.html)
I e-mailed them about fit, and this was their response

Hello,

This wing is manufactured in Japan but is a perfect fit on the North American SiR, no modifications will be needed. And shipping to Ontario for this spoiler is $40.00CDN.

Thanks,

2Loww Staff

Dammit, since I e-mailed them, the price has gone up! I believe it WAS around $180.