PDA

View Full Version : Should I put this trendy sticker on my car or not? Mini Cooper related...

ep pilot
02-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Well it's funny, owning an Ep has made me more selectively conscious of other compact hatches on the road, compacts in particular like the SVT Focus, ZX3 Focus, Mini Cooper S and it's normally aspirated akin. Anyhow the Coopers that I

ADMstunna
02-21-2003, 11:54 PM
when the cooper S first came out - i was very interested - even had money down on one, but changed my mind. but the Mini dealers were giving out the round USA stickers - similar to the GB one ur describing. my dad kept some and he has one on his rear window glass of his S2000, and i have one on my hatch glass. its in the top left of the hatchglass - this is the only picture i have, sorry its kinda shyty and u can barely see it. i think it looks really cool with the sticker though. peace

Mr.02BlackSIguY
02-22-2003, 01:18 AM
nice wheels man... very nice. i dont think ur ideal is lame ep pilot. i wanted to in a way turn my ep into uk spec. i wanted to like order those uk long liscense plate to put on for fun of it..

gito
02-22-2003, 06:33 AM
Really cool wheels!!!

HondaMan
02-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Great looking EP!

SBC31
02-22-2003, 04:28 PM
ADMstunna;

Your wheels do look great. One question though, why is there such a big gap between your door and quarter-panel? Or did you put a door guard or something???

Regardless, car looks great, love the color, and the the wheels. Not a huge fan of the amber corner lens, but it does look good on that color of car.

ADMstunna
02-22-2003, 06:18 PM
thanks for the nice comments yall, i really like the wheels as well - fits the car really well - i got a door gaurd thing on the doors. i never thought to take it off cuz im used to it now, i dont even notice it no more.

but back to the topic - yall are supposed to comment on the USA and GB and UK stickers!!!!! ill take a better picture of mine and ill post it up.

ADMstunna
02-22-2003, 07:12 PM
heres a better pic. i think it looks cool. peace!!!

chakra71
02-23-2003, 09:32 AM
ok wait a minute here. I've heard about VW owners grabbing our antenna's, but never heard of an SI owner grabbing theirs. What's up with your antenna man? please tell me it's some kind of vengance thing against a VW guy that ganked yours!

ADMstunna
02-23-2003, 11:50 AM
what?

02TafWhtSi
02-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ADMstunna
what?

yeah dude - why does your antenna look different in that first picture?:confused:

ADMstunna
02-23-2003, 02:00 PM
it looks different? i dunno - it is raining and dark and there is all kinda shyt in the back ground. i dunno though - its the same attenae as on top i think.... lol unless somebody bucked my shyt. damn, now i gotta go look?!

Type X
02-23-2003, 02:21 PM
i got the UK badge ;)

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/75/7F/16740981-4650-02000180-.jpg

personally i think it looks cool
and very few people ask me if i am british LOL

SBC31
02-24-2003, 08:29 AM
To get back on topic, I'm not a fan of the country decals. They are too big.

Now to get off topic, so what's the scoop on your EP having the wrong antenna??? Did your dealer do this? Did some VW owner swap it on you???

jo3y
02-24-2003, 09:53 AM
I did the same antenna mod, mine looks like a VW too. First i custom made one but now i am rollin with a store bought universal antenna that looks like an IS300 antenna. I still have the stocker if anyone is interested

Cali_JDM_Girlie
02-24-2003, 10:48 AM
I agree with the Canadain guy......Not a huge fan of the country sticker thing....the British licence plate thing is cool but it would be cooler if it was from Japan......as for the Mini Cooper in general....I think that it is cute car but I could never take anyone who drove it seriously...I laugh everytime a see one cause i think of Austin Powers...and the British flag on top makes it even more of a kind of joke...i don't know..just my opinion:D

King Kang
02-24-2003, 11:21 AM
I have to say that those country decals are pretty lame. On the east coast, you see lots of SUV's sporting them on their bumpers representing places in the US and Canada that they've been to on vacation. I've seens ones for states like VA, and places like OBX (which stands for the Ourter Banks) and NKT (Nantucket). I would never put one of those stickers on my car, because it has a real "soccer mom" conotation in this part of the country. If I had one on my ep, people would think I was a old fart trying to be cool.

The Union Jack emblem is pretty cool IMO.

BTW, Cooper/Mini/Rover is an English car company, owned by a German car company, that builds their cars in Brazil.

ADMstunna
02-24-2003, 01:31 PM
with the whole USA pride deal going on, well it has subsided, but thats y i have the USA sticker on my car. its better than having a sticker of an american flag....

can somebody post up a good close up pic of how the antennae is supposed to look? thanks. ill take another pic of mine and post it up so we can see whats up with my antennae. peace

carpsir
02-24-2003, 02:58 PM
I liked the badge on the Japanese bound Type R's and I would like to get one for the back... in the mean time a did one for
the sides... see pics