PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with your Si if the Type-R came to America?

TezGari
07-28-2002, 09:02 PM
What would you do? Id feel like the people who bought the Base RSX..j/k.....would you trade your si in?

DJQuikFingaz
07-28-2002, 09:08 PM
If I had one, I'd probably trade it or sell it to someone.

Mulder
07-28-2002, 09:08 PM
I'd hate to take a loss on my Si... but yes I would trade it in for the CTR, the red one!

vtec24
07-28-2002, 09:14 PM
Wouldn't think twice about selling or trading in my Si for a CTR.

SBC31
07-28-2002, 09:36 PM
I would end my lease early then get the Type R. Then I would have to run away since my wife would kill me for changing cars when the 2002 is perfectly good.

I would have to consider the Type R's price, but I think it would be cheaper then and RSX Type S so.......

SpeedRacer
07-28-2002, 09:45 PM
no way it will not be able to be cheaper then the RSX type S and i would not bother changing cars because what i have planned for my car i will smoke those CTR's it might take a little while but i will.

IceD out N CALI
07-28-2002, 09:52 PM
i'd keep it

DJQuikFingaz
07-28-2002, 09:53 PM
i will smoke those CTR's it might take a little while but i will.

Such a determined individual.

ColinCivicSiR
07-28-2002, 10:08 PM
"no way it will not be able to be cheaper then the RSX type S "

The CTR will be cheaper than the RSX-S. The deletion of the sunroof alone will drop it below the Type S, then you have AC, Leather, Stereo, Sound Deadening. It will be cheaper by about 1000 to 1500. The CTR is basically a stripped RSX-S with 17inch wheels, a body kit and a LSD.

chunky
07-28-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ColinCivicSiR
"no way it will not be able to be cheaper then the RSX type S "

The CTR will be cheaper than the RSX-S. The deletion of the sunroof alone will drop it below the Type S, then you have AC, Leather, Stereo, Sound Deadening. It will be cheaper by about 1000 to 1500. The CTR is basically a stripped RSX-S with 17inch wheels, a body kit and a LSD.

keep dreaming.

to profit from bringing over any line of cars to the U.S. honda has to sell something like 20-30 thousand of them. If the CTR comes over, there will only be about 5,000 or so. Honda is gonna be looking to recoup as much of their loss as possible by marking the price up to as high as they think people will buy them for. And the way things look, people will pay a LOT of $$ for the CTR, definitely more than the RSX-s.

and wether or not we will get the CTR is up in the air anyhow. After the way the 2002 si flopped, Honda is gonna think twice about bringing over another hatch, no matter how much we beg for the CTR. We begged for a hatch, honda gave it to us, and no one bought it, well, except for us folks who gave the car a chance.

SpeedRacer
07-28-2002, 10:48 PM
thanks for backing me chunky. A type R would be considered a higher level then a Type S. If they bring the Type-R RSX here the CTR will have to be in the ball park of a Type-R RSX i would think and that will be higher than the type s. do i make any sense?

iR-VTEC2
07-28-2002, 10:55 PM
just put a type s engine in your ride. And since now it seems that all honda's can fit pretty much all honda engines. what would benefit from having a CTR? Bragging rights? An 92 civic DX hatch with an H22a would wave right past you.

I say, that with the extra money you'd all be spending on a CTR....you could drop in an engine from a Type S, with 6 speed gearbox (if they can do it in an EK, and they did, they can do it in an EP), you'd save a lot of hassle.

THAT'S WHAT IM GONNA DEEEEEEWWWWWWWplusaturbo.

so see y'all in about 30 years with my Type S engine : /

SpeedRacer
07-28-2002, 10:59 PM
good plan im going to do port and polish and lots more but after i get my headers in that will be the next big job i do on my baby.

chunky
07-28-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
thanks for backing me chunky. A type R would be considered a higher level then a Type S. If they bring the Type-R RSX here the CTR will have to be in the ball park of a Type-R RSX i would think and that will be higher than the type s. do i make any sense?

IF, and that's a huge IF, the CTR comes over, expect it to sticker just shy of 25k, and IF the rsx-r comes over, expect it to sticker just shy of 27k.

Honda knows people will pay big money for the type-r's.

and yes, the CTR would superseed the rsx-s in the line of honda cars, and therefore would have to cost more. That's why it's very UN likely that honda will even bring the CTR over, b/c americans have a problem with paying 25k for a CIVIC. However, there will be plenty of people waiting to pay 27k or more for an acura.

Honda would have sold more s2000's as an acura, and they knew it, but as it was a pet project of Mr. Honda himself, they felt obligated to bring it over as a honda to honor his memory, even if it meant selling 7,000 fewer units a year.

IceD out N CALI
07-28-2002, 11:13 PM
"An 92 civic DX hatch with an H22a would wave right past you."

haha, yeah those can be quick, but they are old school now.

2k2civicSi
07-28-2002, 11:18 PM
i would keep it and drop a type s into it

HondaMan
07-28-2002, 11:27 PM
I would more than likely trade mine in for a CTR. :D

SiVTEC
07-28-2002, 11:49 PM
I would trade it in:D

MagusDC5
07-28-2002, 11:55 PM
If you guys actually believe a CTR will cost less than a RSX Type S, pass me some of that crack you're smoking.

Dealer markup will be rediculous, considering it will be the first Civic Type R to reach our shores...add to that limited production...dont expect to get a deal on it...same with the Integra/RSX-R if it makes it over.

iR-VTEC2
07-29-2002, 01:13 AM
dude, EXACTLY my point. You'd feel pretty bunked if you got toasted by a car that's older, boxier, and about 20 thousand dollars cheaper to get.

Imagine...you're at a light, some old school hatch comes next to you, revs. You're like...ahh its just a lamer; i got a CTR. Boom...he butters you up, puts you in, pulls the lever down and viola, you're toast. You'd turn into Homer!

It would never be as cooool as the new CTR tho. Most def.

Riflez
07-29-2002, 03:53 AM
Dealers on this side of the pond claim Honda are practically making a loss on the production of the CTR.

That said i think they have produced around 15000 of them so far

Mines number 11679 though i did test drive number 675

Oh and apparantly some people have the CTR's upto about 300bhp atm over here and thats not using your crazy american nitrous :D

SBC31
07-29-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by MagusDC5
If you guys actually believe a CTR will cost less than a RSX Type S, pass me some of that crack you're smoking.

Dealer markup will be rediculous, considering it will be the first Civic Type R to reach our shores...add to that limited production...dont expect to get a deal on it...same with the Integra/RSX-R if it makes it over.
Well the CTR would probably be more then a RSX - S but not by much. Then again, what do we really know, we are all assuming this stuff and some of us are basing it on how the 02 Si is selling in our neck of the woods.

typer_2898
07-29-2002, 06:28 AM
Also over here (UK) there is no LSD as standard.. you can get it as an aftermarket addition for around 800 pounds.....

would be nice though....

1fastminivan
07-29-2002, 07:11 AM
I'm sorry but I would trade it in for the CTR.
I have always wanted a CTR back in 98 when I saw pics of the Older CTR I wanted it bad so I went and got a 00 civic hatch to try to convert it, then the 2k2 CTR and Si came and I got an Si since they didnt bring over the CTR but if they do I will stop at nothing to get my hands on one. I love CTR's!! :D

TezGari
07-29-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
"An 92 civic DX hatch with an H22a would wave right past you."

haha, yeah those can be quick, but they are old school now.

Heyyy..Now where not Honda-tech.com aka rice network. OK. Dont talk about Swapping engines. our Ep's come with very good engines and performance. We dont have to swap out an engine from our cars to make them "faster". Our cars are safe yet fast!

Also: Old school is right. You are right. Those little Civic's are old news....This is the new generation!

NetDragon
07-29-2002, 08:33 AM
I have heard rumors but they are nothing more ATM, that the "SiR" will be coming to the states next year. This would be a real bummer for me because, honestly, I did not know about the "SiR" Untill after I bought my Si. Anyway, I know it is more powerful and has various enhancements. But really I just want the spoiler conversion kit & a new filter and I will be happy with my Si.

fishboy
07-29-2002, 10:32 AM
i will keep my car and make it a CTR killer, so all you pansies that took the easy way out by getting the CTR will cry like little whiney bitches when i smoke you. then i will make you all eat my shit. then make you shit out my shit then eat your shit that was made up of the shit that i made you eat.

DJQuikFingaz
07-29-2002, 11:01 AM
i will keep my car and make it a CTR killer, so all you pansies that took the easy way out by getting the CTR will cry like little whiney bitches when i smoke you. then i will make you all eat my shit. then make you shit out my shit then eat your shit that was made up of the shit that i made you eat.
Ok, we'll see.

SpeedRacer
07-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Yes i will smoke all of you in your CTR's as well just wait and see im going to put a Jet engine from a F16 in my Si and some huge wings then i will really fly past you guys in your CTR'2 :)

fishboy
07-29-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by DJQuikFingaz

Ok, we'll see.

you're gonna be first on my list buddy!:D

MagusDC5
07-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Ill still take an EG VX/CX with a B18C5 or B18C Spec R and smash all you EP3's, Si or CTR.

SpeedRacer
07-29-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by fishboy

you're gonna be first on my list buddy!:D

and you will be first on my list.

DJQuikFingaz
07-29-2002, 01:25 PM
EG VX/CX with a B18C5 or B18C Spec R and smash all you EP3's, Si or CTR.
You should make your own language.

SmoothOperator
07-29-2002, 01:45 PM
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I'm SICK and TIRED of hearing about the CTR coming here. The rumours have been flying around for YEARS!! Even with the EK CTR!! Give it a rest already. Yeah they're great cars. But as far as I'm concerned, my SiR is a great car with tonnes of potential. So why bother dreaming about something you can't have. If the peek of your life would be to obtain a type-R, then by all means move over seas.

*edit* sorry if I sound peeved but, we've been beating a dead horse with this topic.

SpeedRacer
07-29-2002, 01:53 PM
i agree with you smooth operator fuck the CTR :)

fishboy
07-29-2002, 02:14 PM
yeah, i agree too. i love the si. this has been by far the funnest car i've owned, the others don't really compare anyway, trucks etc... but yeah whether the CTR comes or not it won't bother me, i'll stick to my current ride. and speedracer, when you get that engine come look for me, i'll be waiting. :)

MagusDC5
07-29-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DJQuikFingaz

You should make your own language.

I would take a 1992-1995 Civic Hatchback(EG) VX/CX(lightest Civic Hatches) with an Integra Type R (B18C5 or B18C Spec R) motor and smash all you 2002 Civic Hatchbacks (EP3), Si or CTR.

Did I bring it to a low enough of a comprension level for you?

1fastminivan
07-29-2002, 09:34 PM
oh yeah.....welll....welll...my dad can beat your dad up.

j/k:D

MagusDC5
07-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by 1fastminivan
oh yeah.....welll....welll...my dad can beat your dad up.

j/k:D

probably could.

lol

ULTRAMANIA
07-30-2002, 02:28 AM
I would trade in my ride for the JDM CTR in a heartbeat. THose recaros and the middle consol is just to sweeeeeeeet. Euro CTR is nice too. =)

Mechanic
07-30-2002, 04:48 AM
CTR: Bring it on, bring it on, bring it on!

SmoothOperator, you and I agree on a lot, but we part ways WRT the Type R. Years ago, the Acura guys continued to press for the Type R in the States and finally got it. Neat car. And they'll likely get one again (my hunch is '04). I also believe that one of the reasons that the Si hasn't been a runaway seller is because the hard core Honda enthusiast knows exactly what the Type R is, and is waiting for it show up in Honda showrooms.

So, to answer the question: I'd probably keep my Si but I'd definately buy a Type R. Bring it on!

02si
07-31-2002, 12:19 PM
If I didn't have mine sick like xlr8's
and it was still all stock
and my career was underway
I'd get the ctr

If not I'd definitely be saving for ctr parts.

FourJays
07-31-2002, 04:04 PM
T-R-A-D-E!

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
and speedracer, when you get that engine come look for me, i'll be waiting. :)

I got it last night but then i woke up and it was gone :(

fishboy
07-31-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer

I got it last night but then i woke up and it was gone :(

damn that sucks.

1 fstr si
11-28-2002, 08:02 PM
first off. and this is word from the horses mouth, hoda does not and will not intrude on acura. for example. the 03 accord EX V-6 6-spd vs the acura CL 6-spd. honda limits this accord to TWO CAR per dealer at the most for the ENTIRE US. this way they dont intrude on the CL type S. there fore, when the type R RSX comes over, THEN we can dream of have a type R civic. and this WAS word directly from honda of america.

fyzm7357
11-28-2002, 09:11 PM
I would just keep my Si....at least for the next 5 years....anyways by that time the Type R actually might be here by then.....but there is nothing wrong with my car now nor probably will there be in 5 years that would make me want to trade/sell it for a CTR.