PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a hitch for your si? or tow?

02blksi
02-23-2003, 08:41 PM
I may be getting a hitch installed on my si. I refrenced the manual to see the towing capacity of the car and its NA. I was just wondering if anyone has a hitch on their car yet? and if they tow anything with it. Im just going to get one so that when i want o tow my quad or jet ski i can especially on those beautiful summer days when a big truck just doesnt give you that intimate feeling with the road. --joe

Anyone else tow?
Know anyplace to get one made?

Jpax
02-23-2003, 08:47 PM
what about if you want your drop...? you won't have any ground clearince if you drop it...:( with the trailer... you might need air bags in the rear, and when your not useing them you can hit the switches and bump that shitzzzzz :D

Brettnyt
02-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Should work fine, i mean hell, it can haul my huge ass around, why not a frickin trailer or a boat?;)

anjapower
02-23-2003, 11:16 PM
GRM installed one on their 02 Si...

BSEVEER
02-23-2003, 11:23 PM
My manual says, on page 152, "Your vehicle is not designed to tow a trailer. Attempting to do so can void your warranties."

ep3_hatch
02-23-2003, 11:41 PM
I don'ty know about the actual towing performance and capacity but I can help with the hitch. I had one on my 98 civic and it was great. I used mine only for a bike carrier (Hollywood Team Rider, awesome rack) to haul around 2 mountain bikes. I chose the hitch route instead of the roof rack because it doesn't touch your paint and it can be popped off in 2 minutes when you're not using it. It looked very incognito especially with a rubber cap when not using it. The hitch is really nice and comes with a draw bar. There is already a bolt on hitch for the EP! I will be getting one again first thing in the spring. I've done all the research before and had the best results with:

www.hiddenhitch.com for info on the hitch
and www.bageco.com for the cheapest online price

HTH

AkronSi
02-24-2003, 07:21 AM
What's a draw bar?

2QK4U ALLWAYS
02-24-2003, 09:18 AM
I got one installed myself I pull 3 mottocress bikes and a 1200 lbs.
sea doo no problems at all lol.

ep3_hatch
02-24-2003, 12:58 PM
It's the hunk of iron that plugs into the square hole (receiver) and adds some length since the hitch is actually "inside" of the bumper, meaning that the hitch receiver doesnt stick out past the bumper, thus "hidden hitch". There is a bolt hole where you would screw in a ball for towing. I never used mine since the bike rack plugged right into the reciver.

Originally posted by AkronSi
What's a draw bar?