PDA

View Full Version : rim width

1 fstr si
02-24-2003, 09:51 AM
whats the widest rim i can get without worrying about rubbing. the wheels i have my eyes on right now are only available in 18x8 and i just wanna know if they MIGHT FIT before i go ahead and order em. lemme know guys.

madbrain
02-25-2003, 08:57 PM
They should fit depending on the offset.

Suk02Si
02-25-2003, 09:11 PM
wow, 18x8 sounds killer, why do yo want to go so big?

chunky
02-26-2003, 08:04 AM
king motorsports is using 17x8 on their project car

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/project_civicsi.asp

so you'd be able to fit 18x8 under there as long as the overall wheel/tire diameter doesn't exceed 24"

but i'm gonna feel very sorry for you when you find out how much tires are gonna cost for that size. for any decent tires you're looking at 300$ for just the tires.

1 fstr si
02-26-2003, 08:03 PM
thanx for the feedback guys. i wanna go big for handling prowess. the wider the wheel, the more grip you have IMO. im not sayin what wheels im gettin until they go on my car, and then ill have the pics to show also. BTW i ordered em today. and i know it will cost me a good amount to buy new tires, but, they should last me through next summer, or part of it, seeing as though i will be takin em off during the winter. and those of you who think you know what wheels im gettin, you have no idea, i changed.

chunky
02-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 1 fstr si
thanx for the feedback guys. i wanna go big for handling prowess. the wider the wheel, the more grip you have IMO. im not sayin what wheels im gettin until they go on my car, and then ill have the pics to show also. BTW i ordered em today. and i know it will cost me a good amount to buy new tires, but, they should last me through next summer, or part of it, seeing as though i will be takin em off during the winter. and those of you who think you know what wheels im gettin, you have no idea, i changed.

18" wheels will kill any advantage that the 8" width gave you.

I can put 225mm wide tires on my 15x7" wheels, same contact patch, much much less weight.