PDA

View Full Version : Just test drove a WRX

King Kang
02-24-2003, 12:28 PM
As you may or may not know, Subaru is offering some pretty strong incentives on round headlighted WRX's (03) now that the better looking ones are on the boat. This dealer near me quoted me 100$ above invoice plus 3.9% financing for 60 or 72 months with no down payment........I had to take a look. FYE it is 0% for 24 months.

The WRX drove really well, but the interior felt WAY cheaper and flimsier than our SI's. It reminded me of Saturn quality with "race" pedals. The gearbox also felt weaker. The Momo steering wheel felt more like a Pep Boy's knock off. Don't get me wrong, performance-wise....the WRX rocked! Their AWR was great and the turbo was nice too. Not as strong of a pull as I expected though. Four doors has always been a turn off for me.

I can't afford the WRX anyway, my ep has gone down in value alot. It's an 02, and the trade in value is only $12,500....which resulted in negative equity for me.

IMO the WRX is not better than the ep in any way except performance......where it is pretty much no contest. Now I need to find a good limited slip for the ep (that I can afford.)

peace,

King Kang
02-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Oh yeah, the place I went to is also a Porsche dealer.....the carbon fiber trim kit on the new Carerra is $6000!

SIborland
02-24-2003, 01:00 PM
Thats funny, I did the same thing before I bought my Si. I drove the WRX, Si and RSX-S. Couldnt afford the WRX and was unimpressed with the feel of the RSX, so I bought the Si.

blueiedgod
02-24-2003, 02:32 PM
i drove WRX before Si as well. I was not impressed with WRX at all. All that horse power is nothing if the car makes you feel uncomfortable. the engine shook allot. it was smooth at idle, but when i accelerated all the engine vibration was transmitted through the shifter to my hand into my arm. after driving it for 15 minutes, my right hand was numb. HP is nice, but I felt at home in the Si. by the way, the WRX i drove had a sticky clutch pedal, when i released the clutch it would literally take a minute for it to come back to fully released. the windshield made howling noise at any speed above 50.
I was very un-impressed with WRX. Si was much smoother, better put together car at much lower ($5000) price and much better financing.