PDA

View Full Version : Valve Springs

CivicSi39
02-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Hey guys new to your ad i'd to say its great. My first question to you guys is, is there any company that currently makes valve springs for our cars? I'm planning on getting the Hondata flash program and I wanna make sure the valve springs handle the higher redline.

myeverlovinsir
02-24-2003, 05:45 PM
The current valve springs are more than able to handle the added redline.

As far as getting newer ones, I would suggest the A2 valve springs. Any Acura dealer will tell you that they fit, don't know the specific differences in spring rate or compressability. I'm sure they would work just fine. They should only differ slightly from each other performance wise. hth

CivicSi39
02-24-2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks, Man

As a matter of fact I did stop by the Acura dealership up here in upstate New York and the guy behind the counter told me they wouldn't fit. If I got them would I just torq them down to the original specifications or something different?

myeverlovinsir
02-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by CivicSi39
Thanks, Man

As a matter of fact I did stop by the Acura dealership up here in upstate New York and the guy behind the counter told me they wouldn't fit. If I got them would I just torq them down to the original specifications or something different?

Springs are a dimentional thing. If they are longer or smaller diameter, you should be ok.

If they are wider(larger diameter) then you may need to change the retainers, otherwise you should be ok. I would look at the specifications of each to determine compatibility, and I would ask them why they don't fit? I think they should fit. Just a hunch.;)