PDA

View Full Version : Discount for those getting Hondata flash...

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Not that I'm a huge fan of this mod...
But I'm always down to save someone some $$$...
For a price Get in touch with:

Kyle

KS Motorsports
http://www.ks-motorsports.com
(937) 291 - 9430

Saw his post on another board and emailed him...
It's considerably less than $600...
Don't wanna post his price here...
Might get him in trouble with Hondata or something...

Enjoy.

02blksi
02-24-2003, 08:48 PM
thanks for the heads up ill give them a call tomorrow.
-joe :)

Tekdemon
02-24-2003, 11:41 PM
ooooooooh now I'm more tempted then ever before...damn you!

tkm
02-26-2003, 10:44 AM
Saw his post on another board and emailed him...
It's considerably less than $600...
Don't wanna post his price here...
Might get him in trouble with Hondata or something...

So why the F*ck did you post this up then?

Obviously saying that he has it cheaper you're giving something away. For what it's worth, interested parties need to contact Kyle directly for his price and not rely on internet heresay.

Mods, please delete or lock this post.

OldSIMan
02-26-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm curious if his price includes overnight shipping to and from Hondata, to reduce vehicle downtime. Just something to consider, my price, at $595, includes this. Just FYI.
Also, I'll have a much improved website up by 3/15. Current one really sucks!

chunky
02-26-2003, 12:47 PM
mods - not to be an ass, but doesn't this violate the commercial post policy?

as per your post in the borla msrp thread

Originally posted by ssvr6
David,

While the EP community appreciates what you've in terms of creating something for us, what you're doing now violates our commercial post rule.

If you wish to sell your products or recommend companies that do, please contact DownTheHatch for advertising prices and plans.

I'm locking this thread and then will remove it at the end of the week. (I'll give it that much.)

Please understand our position on this. (I would have PM'd you or emailed you, but both are disabled. While I am an admin and have access to your email address, I'll respect your privacy.)

Thanks,

Steve

OldSIMan
02-26-2003, 12:51 PM
FYI,
I've contacted SSRV6 and other moderators several times to be able to post under the "for sale" boards, and they've never returned my inquiries.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-26-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by tkm

So why the F*ck did you post this up then?

Obviously saying that he has it cheaper you're giving something away. For what it's worth, interested parties need to contact Kyle directly for his price and not rely on internet heresay.

Mods, please delete or lock this post.

tkm...You better watch your mouth kid.
I'm merely repeating the post KYLE HIMSELF made on another forum, so I don't think he'll get in trouble...
Thats why i chose discretion and did not post the price which I got when I emailed him...
Mods do what you want with this...

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by chunky
mods - not to be an ass, but doesn't this violate the commercial post policy?

as per your post in the borla msrp thread

you know what...
this is the last time i try to help anyone out...
fuck ya'al...

myeverlovinsir
02-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Ahhh,.. In my eyes he is simply sharing a contact that may lead to you saving money, that's enough for me. I would not complain if it did not meet your expectations. Someone will buy from him if the price is lower. Thanks for sharing the contact, for those that may want this at a lower price.:)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC, could you provide the link to the thread you quoted him from? tks. :)

ThickMick
02-26-2003, 03:06 PM
:rolleyes: Sheesh, the dude's trying to help some people out.

Ahemmm....*makes Robert De niro face*

"Mods...Mods...Mods..this isn't aloud, whaaaaa nhaaa"

"Why I outta..." -Ralph Kramden

tkm
02-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

tkm...You better watch your mouth kid.
I'm merely repeating the post KYLE HIMSELF made on another forum, so I don't think he'll get in trouble...
Thats why i chose discretion and did not post the price which I got when I emailed him...
Mods do what you want with this...

Kid? lol, that's funny. Were you even in elementary school when I bought my first Honda?

Anyways, my point is this:

Why would you post a thread saying that "his prices are so low that he could get into trouble with Hondata if I post them". That's just dumb. Kyle is a nice guy and I've had the occasion to meet him a few times and talk to him several and I assure you he is doing nothing illegal. Furthermore, you know Hondata cruises this forum. If they wanted to, they could easily pull Kyle's membership with them because it was assumed he was selling for below what Hondata wanted him to. Companies do that, you know?

Just take it easy with posts like this folks.

myeverlovinsir
02-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Could someone just post the price diff., as far as I know Hondata is in control of the rights to modification and pricing, but someone may have a cheaper way. I don't think it's that difficult to burn a chip...:confused:

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by tkm

Furthermore, you know Hondata cruises this forum. If they wanted to, they could easily pull Kyle's membership with them because it was assumed he was selling for below what Hondata wanted him to.

IF HE WAS GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE THEN WHY WOULD HE POST IT HIMSELF:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=397236

myeverlovinsir
02-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Here's the contact info:

937.291.9430 .. M - F .. 12 - 8 pm EST
937.287.3610 .. 24/7 ..
kyle@ks-motorsports.com

Someone should give a call and figure out what all this is about. and what exactly is being done? How close to the hondata tune is this? They have to be cheaper in order for some of them to be getting it.hmmm

tkm
02-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
Here's the contact info:

937.291.9430 .. M - F .. 12 - 8 pm EST
937.287.3610 .. 24/7 ..
kyle@ks-motorsports.com

Someone should give a call and figure out what all this is about. and what exactly is being done? How close to the hondata tune is this? They have to be cheaper in order for some of them to be getting it.hmmm

Kyle is an official Hondata dealer. He is not selling his own tune. My Ep3 flash will be purchased through him. I still need to send my ecu off to Hondata, just like anyone else would.

02blksi
02-26-2003, 06:33 PM
EVERYONE calm DOWN!

To those who feel this post is viloating policy .... We'll leave that discretion up to the site admin, for now i see NO PROBLEM at all with this post, excpet those of you that are trying to turn it into a flame thread, keep it clean and thanks for the info .. -- And for the gentleman that said that he contacted the moderators (well seeing as thoug I AM the moderator for the engine forum) you NEVER sent me any PM .. thanks -Joe :angel:

sniperSI
02-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by OldSIMan
FYI,
I've contacted SSRV6 and other moderators several times to be able to post under the "for sale" boards, and they've never returned my inquiries.

cry baby.

chunky
02-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

you know what...
this is the last time i try to help anyone out...
fuck ya'al...

Hey, chill out man, i'm not hating on you for posting up or anything.

I was just kinda upset that the Borla MSRP thread got closed due to the seemingly selective enforcement of forum policies. David was doing us all a favor by posting MSRPs, information that users had ASKED for.

There's a fine line between trolling around trying to peddle your shit, and making worthwhile contributions to this forum.

David borla's thread was a worthwhile contribution, as is this thread.

Just making a point, sorry you got caught in the middle of it.

02blksi
02-26-2003, 09:18 PM
Im going to post in the moderators forum why the post got locked (steve) ssrv6 lokced the borla thread i dont know why, and im going to ask him .... I really think that he wasnt trying to force us to buy his product he was merly telling us how much he will be seeling the kits for ... I dont know about this "commercial" policy that they are enforcing .... In the mean time KEEP this thread on point please. --Joe

chet
02-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Two thoughts on this whole thing. 1) I have just recently seen another similar forum site that took small donations from people who wanted to sell there stuff. A website can't be too expensive to keep "up". But I don't know for sure on that so don't quote me please. The point is, I think it should be easier for people to become site vendors if they're legit.
2) On the price thing and not getting Kyle in trouble. . . ..I imagine Kyle has a certain price he must ask. No whether he makes 50 dollars, $100, or even $15. Sometimes pure profit isn't in mind. Getting a customer base and the internet alone is an amazing ad agent--even if you don't advertise. Word of mouth is powerful. I don't think Kyle would put himself in jeapordy of being boycotted from Hondata. JMO:mad: :p :angel:

chunky
02-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by chet
Two thoughts on this whole thing. 1) I have just recently seen another similar forum site that took small donations from people who wanted to sell there stuff. A website can't be too expensive to keep "up". But I don't know for sure on that so don't quote me please. The point is, I think it should be easier for people to become site vendors if they're legit.
2) On the price thing and not getting Kyle in trouble. . . ..I imagine Kyle has a certain price he must ask. No whether he makes 50 dollars, $100, or even $15. Sometimes pure profit isn't in mind. Getting a customer base and the internet alone is an amazing ad agent--even if you don't advertise. Word of mouth is powerful. I don't think Kyle would put himself in jeapordy of being boycotted from Hondata. JMO:mad: :p :angel:

webforums aren't cheap. usually over 300$/month even for a small site like this. So I understand when admins get upset about vendors hawking their products on message boards w/o cutting the owners in.

but there's a fine line - this board exists b/c people come here to find information. and if access to that information, or the ability to post it is denied, well, there goes the neighborhood.

It's not like david borla was taking orders on this site for his products, nor is this guy. Sure they may make a buck off the exposure these sorts of threads offer, but in the end, the message board benefits too b/c these threads get lots of hits, and lots of hits = easier to get advertising dollars. Before anyone will advertise on a website, they will almost always ask for site stats - and if you don't have enough traffic, they'll pass.

So be careful of being too tight on advertising policies - it will probably hurt more than it helps.

tkm
02-26-2003, 10:04 PM
I think we all understand that the original poster was trying to help everyone out, but I just don't think he worded it correctly.

Just say something like "Kyle has good service and decent deals on Hondata." That's all that was needed. Don't make it sound like he is selling stuff for way to cheap, especially when you know that the manufacturer is cruising the board.

02blksi
02-26-2003, 10:30 PM
ok well im sorry but this has gone a bit far off topic... thanks --joe