PDA

View Full Version : Drop your muffler

Mugen_EP
02-24-2003, 09:05 PM
I know many of you may think this is "ricey" or dumb, but hear me out. I ran off the header on my EG w/GSR swap which was more power and sounded quite nice. So on Saturday when I was bored I figured I would drop off the muffler just to see. Much to my surprise it sounds deep and nice!! Alot more power and top end. Just try it. It's two 12mm bolts, two rubber hangers and about 5 minutes. Take it around the block and if you don't like it put it on and you've lost 10 minutes, big deal.

Don't knock it till you try it, unless you already have exhaust

Dunrick
02-24-2003, 09:38 PM
People have tried that with our car, I believe we lost power w/o the muffler. I think its in the Borla thread

Suk02Si
02-24-2003, 10:53 PM
I dynoed my car with a disconnected muffler and lost 2hp and 2lbs all the way across the board, but it does sound nice;)

Pradamuimui
02-25-2003, 01:26 AM
If it sounds nice thats cool and all but I wouldn't wanna loose 2hp, and 2lbs of torque for sound. Granted its not that much, but every little bit adds up!!

JSIR
02-25-2003, 07:15 PM
my car lost power as well in back to back testing. I ran it without the muffler on a 2.25" midpipe with header and intake. It sounded loud as all hell on the dyno. I drove it like that a bit too, it felt more responsive, but the car lost power on the dyno. It lost power at all rpms , I expected it to gain on the top end at least, but it didnt. I was very surprised.