PDA

View Full Version : Coil-over question?

BlazeX12
02-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Ok, i just purchased Skunk 2 coil-overs from showstoppers, i have never had coil overs, just regular springs, my question is, how do you know if you have them all at the same height? i mean what if you have your front left at 1.7 and you front right at 1.8, is that bad???? i havent receivd them yet, but is there a way to tell how much each is lowered too? thanx for the help.

31102si
02-25-2003, 10:21 AM
measure from the middle of the wheel well to the center of your rims should show the same on every wheel ;)

Mugen_EP
02-26-2003, 12:43 PM
You can also count the # of treads and make sure they all match. Also if they are off it does cause stress on the chassis but if its off .1, no need to worry.

idrive
02-26-2003, 11:11 PM
i have always worried about the same thing as blaze...
are there kinds that kinda click in place? or do the perches have somekind of marking to make it easier? it seems hard to make prefect since often times the front and rear have diff height settings on the perch. While adjusting the height of your cars do you raise and lower your car off the ground many times before getting it right? or is "close" close enough?