PDA

View Full Version : Got my HKS exhaust installed!

XspeedSi02
02-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Went to my usual exhaust shop and had my HKS Hi-Power installed today. All I can say is that I'm very impressed with the sound and quality of the HKS. If anyone is looking to get an exhaust system, HKS is the way to go. :cool:

IceD out N CALI
02-24-2003, 10:33 PM
sweet, how do you like the power increase?

XspeedSi02
02-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I noticed more at top end. I haven't had the time to install my AEM Cold Air and I will be ordering my header within the next week or two. After I get those im sure I will definately feel a major power difference. But yeah you can tell a big improvement from stock factory exhaust. The sound of it is awesome!:D

Suk02Si
02-24-2003, 10:57 PM
why'd you have to go to an exhaust shop just to install the catback, it's only a few nuts n' bolts.;)

Tekdemon
02-24-2003, 11:37 PM
yeah...shouldn't the cat back just be jacking up the car, going underneath with a wrench and removing the pipes then bolting the new pipes on? =P

XspeedSi02
02-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Well its like 20 degrees outside, foot of snow, and they only charged me like $20 to put it on. My garage is full of junk so I had no room.:rolleyes:

Mad02Si
02-25-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by XspeedSi02
Well its like 20 degrees outsideWell it Might be 0 degrees when I get mine and I'm going to be in my garage freezing my ass off installing mine. But 20 bucks isn't bad.

jereds02si
02-25-2003, 09:24 AM
how much extra horsepower does the hks provide?

goy091
02-26-2003, 04:26 AM
how much was the HKS unit and where ya get it from? and do you have a sound clip by chance?

Mad02Si
02-26-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by goy091
how much was the HKS unit and where ya get it from? and do you have a sound clip by chance? Scroll thru the past post here and someone has a sound clip, or go to the sticky at the top of the page. Showstoppers has a good price on them like 539 shipped or something close to that. I got my Tanabe RM for them and its on the way. We can then compare the HKS to the Tanabe..

Mad02Si
02-26-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by jereds02si
how much extra horsepower does the hks provide? With most Exhaust like this you can generally expect 2-3 hp if that. I have heard that a header and Intake make the most difference. With the bigger diameter piping you might actually lose HP on the low end but gain back some on the high end. If our Ep's were Force Inducted then the bigger piping would allow the turbos to spool fast thus making more power. I get an exhaust mainly for looks and sound. If I get a K20a2 swap later or some form of forceindution then I will be better off with the bigger flow.

XspeedSi02
02-26-2003, 09:08 AM
Yeah it was $539 shipped to my door from Showstoppers. I don't think he has anymore left at this price. I think they are $549 plus shipping ($20?) now. I actually noticed more power through bottom and top end. You can just feel that the exhaust is flowing better and I'm so glad I went HKS. The Tanabe RM looks really nice on cars, but my friend had it on his 94 hatch with GSR swap and it was so high pitched and super loud that he got rid of it in like a month. ;)

Mad02Si
02-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by XspeedSi02
. The Tanabe RM looks really nice on cars, but my friend had it on his 94 hatch with GSR swap and it was so high pitched and super loud that he got rid of it in like a month. ;) Wow your like the second person on here thats said something like that. I had it on my 2000 Ex and it was so deep and mean that I loved it. And this was when my car was an automatic. The only reason I got an N1 was because I wanted to try something different. I was so low that I literally kept dragging my Rm in my Ex's driveway and it was hanging up on the edge of the sidewalk and ripped the hanger out. I heard that the N1 was supposed to be deeper so I got it. I was disapointed, the RM was by far deeper even after I got my engine swap and converted to a manual the N1 was just raspy. I did like when it popped when slowing down but thats about it. I hope I can convice some on the RM, but if it doesnt sound good I will say so just to be fair and unbaised :)

BlackFL2k2Si
02-26-2003, 12:41 PM
I'm going to be purchasing a used Tanabe RM from a friend that had it on his either 01 civic or something else and custom fitting it to my ep. I am just buying the axle back from him and putting in custom 2.25" piping. I've always wanted a RM and plus I'm installing Tanabe springs too, so it matches companies too :D.