PDA

View Full Version : Progress lower ft sway...justfiable?

!@#$%
02-24-2003, 10:26 PM
seeing how our stock front lower sway bar is a tad larger than 25mm would replacing it for something 2 mm larger really make that much difference....140 some odd dollar difference? I will be buying the rear from chuck for sure (stock is 15mm)

Is the Progress front sway's price justifiable for its cost? worth it or not? I will have the progress springs and rear sway, so i figure i might as well round out the set. just looking for thoughts.

Progress ft sway owners, could u give me an idea of how it helped. thanks

Suk02Si
02-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Your car will understeer more. But if you get the full progress setup (fr sway, rear sway, and springs) I think it'll be okay. Their front spring is softer than stock but their sway bar is thicker than stock to compensate for it. Their rear springs are much stiffer than stock and the sway is also thicker than stock. I'm guessing the with the whole setup our cars would handle quite nicely. If you dont plan on getting Progress springs and go with Eibach or Neuspeed, then a front sway is unecessary. I'm actually going with a smaller front sway(RSX-S 23mm) and the JDM rear sway, I wonder how it will handle.. :o

chet
02-25-2003, 05:11 AM
I have the entire setup. WOW!! great ride. But they all went on together (same time) so I can't compare driving with stock vs. just the rear vs. just the front. Before the Progress bars went on , I kept losing the ass end when I would accel in a turn or accel in a turn from stop position. The Progress bars fixed that right up. I can never remember if its called under/oversteer(what I was suffering from before the Progress bars)? I can't say enough about the Springs. Not too stiff (which would kill my back). No noise from springs. The only thing I would say about the bars would be to expect some possible noise occuring from the both bars touching aftermarket exhaust. Had to do some minor adjusting of exhaust to keep from bouncing off of these phatty phuckin bars!! I have the Thermal full cat-back exh BTW.
I am doing my best to wait for the Progress full coilovers. I like their workmanship. www.progressauto.com will tell you a little more about them.

Cone Killer
02-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
seeing how our stock front lower sway bar is a tad larger than 25mm would replacing it for something 2 mm larger really make that much difference....140 some odd dollar difference? I will be buying the rear from chuck for sure (stock is 15mm)

Is the Progress front sway's price justifiable for its cost? worth it or not? I will have the progress springs and rear sway, so i figure i might as well round out the set. just looking for thoughts.

Progress ft sway owners, could u give me an idea of how it helped. thanks

I've discussed this many times with peeps here and if you insist on paying money for parts you don't need then get it. But it's going to result in LESS oversteer and MORE understeer. Your car comes from the factory with understeer because it is more predictale and somewhat safer. If you just want to spend money, get a smaller front sway bar like Suk02Si and I are going to do, and you won't mess it up. They (proggress) would love it if you "rounded out the set" because that's more money for them and most people don't know the difference.

EnJaNir
02-25-2003, 11:45 AM
The rear just rests on my HKS Hi Power cat back, if the front is measured out right, there is maybe 1/8 or a tab more between the bar and the cat converter.

A tab bit of noise from the rear..but all in all..absolutley wonderful...handles soo much better, and am able to take corners with a lot more confidence

!@#$%
02-25-2003, 01:06 PM
thanks you people rule

EnJaNir
02-25-2003, 03:14 PM
I talked to Chuck (showstoppersusa) He told me that Progress is aware of that the sway bars may touch, however they are in the best possible position...soo who knows

chet
02-26-2003, 04:25 AM
I called Progress right after I had the problem and they test-fitted with the factory exhaust. Which I had figured once I changed my exhaust. . .Anyway I dig it now. No rattle/no problems

DjMacAtack
02-26-2003, 06:54 AM
whew... i thought it was just me...

i get that rattle too, only on a cold engine start though