PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans?

JEDI-SI
02-25-2003, 10:34 AM
What kind of future modifications do you have planed for your car?.....How many here are going to swap heads, or just wait for turbo...your thoughts!

greenguy
02-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JEDI-SI
What kind of future modifications do you have planed for your car?.....How many here are going to swap heads, or just wait for turbo...your thoughts!
Simple bolt on for now (I/E) and wait about a year for crate K20A2 to come down in price and do a swap! Other go fast goodies will be suspension and wheel/tire combo. And maybe Ill have enuf $$ to buy DocofMind's brake kit so I can stop:D!
Oh ya, I need a good stereo, our's blows chunks!

JEDI-SI
02-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Hopefully the a2 does come down...Im not sure what Im going to do...But my next mods are going to be Hondata, t/b,good tires...

PoRT
02-25-2003, 01:26 PM
my future plans are to get into the 12's.. not sure how yet, but im going to muahaha

chet
02-25-2003, 01:27 PM
I am stockpiling parts. Sofar: DC Header, Hondata heatshield, Denso Iridium sparks, 02BlkSi's ground kit, AEM fuel rail have been received. AEM Alternator pulley, J's Racing engine torque dampener have been ordered. DocofMind's brake kit is definitely in the future (SOON). But I have started thinking about replacing struts before I go brakes. Haven't decided on full coilovers or just struts.

I am tring my best to stay away from turbo until later this year at least when there are safer and better choices out there. Hell, there aren't really any good choices for turbo yet.

Definitely no Nitrous for me. I haven't ever used it and would like to keep my ass attached to my body and not blown up all over the highway.

As many engine mods that I can get before I go for looks.
Except for a nice red cf dashkit that I am planning on getting from
todaCspec.

I am really curious to see how much power we can get from the A3 before I go swappage. I 'd like to fix up my truck as well.

Sorry so lengthy, but you asked.

IceD out N CALI
02-25-2003, 02:20 PM
some boltons hopefully by summer. would like to see how the turbos and JRSC stuff turns out, then who knows

pocketrocket
02-25-2003, 02:31 PM
I was planning on building the A3 for nitrous, but after some deep meditation, I believe I'm going to try and a build a k24 powered ep3. I know it's been talked about, but I don't believe it's been done yet. I'm searching for the K24 now, but haven't found one or know of a place that sources them.

Yumm.. torque.
-PR

greenguy
02-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
I was planning on building the A3 for nitrous, but after some deep meditation, I believe I'm going to try and a build a k24 powered ep3. I know it's been talked about, but I don't believe it's been done yet. I'm searching for the K24 now, but haven't found one or know of a place that sources them.

Yumm.. torque.
-PR
You have a p.m.

My_Blk_Si
02-25-2003, 03:13 PM

Yumm.. torque.
-PR

There's a dealer down here in Miami selling a k24 with ctr head and 11:1 pistons... but being a honda dealership they want 6,000 for the frikin thing...

Tekdemon
02-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Hmm...as for me it's the following:
HKS Turbo Kit when it comes out...because they're usually good kits...I will however, wait for other people to confirm that it's a good kit just in case HKS goofed...

Hopefully then later on I will add a coilover kit with adjustable height from inside the car...yummy =P

New tires...I want a really nice summer set plus a really nice snow set...it's too cold here most of the time so the snow set is useful. Right now I'm still scraping by with the michelins...

Other than that not much else...maybe I'll change the wheels someday but probably not...

Oh maybe some exhaust work...I was thinking about the HKS Hi-Power or maybe that Fujitsubo...

pocketrocket
02-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Greenguy, your PM box is full!

Pradamuimui
02-25-2003, 03:52 PM
My very near in the future plans for my EP is a K20A2 motorswap....just like Modern-perf:p :D :p :D

greenguy
02-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Greenguy, your PM box is full!
Resend! I got yours, and replied.

!@#$%
02-25-2003, 07:00 PM
im going to be focusing on suspension (progress all around, rims, tires) and exterior....cf replica wing, cf hood some new lights, maybe HID.

Finish up the bolt ons, would like to get the fujitsubo. may change my injen to the icebox pending on dyno #'s.

slowly upgrade the stereo....by then the a2 should be alot cheaper. If i havent died yet i will do the a2 swap.

parts waiting for install.....2 weeks: progress springs, dc header, cat back exhaust, 17'' rims w/tires, alpine cd player.

then progress ft and rear sways

hmmm i might just do that at the same time as springs.

JEDI-SI
02-26-2003, 10:05 AM
I'm hoping the HKS turbo comes out soon, if I new a release date and the cost I would probably save the money I have now and just wait.

fyzm7357
02-26-2003, 01:27 PM
My plans are Greddy Evo exhaust, which is on order....not sure on intake yet, waiting to see if AEM releases the V2 for our cars. Also some suspension but unsure on what to get since I have no clue in that area....I just want my wheel gap gone!!!! No swap for me though....don't have the money or the time for it....

03hatch
02-26-2003, 02:57 PM
my plans is to get 5 lug conversion, type r wheel (the one that comes in black for a black ep), full mugen kit, suspension work. system, then A2 swap :cool:

myeverlovinsir
02-26-2003, 03:37 PM
make it into the 14's when the track opens.;)

DownTheHatch
02-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Well my buddy club kit is on order, after that I'm getting the HKS Hiper Cat-back, CF Hood, and then I will probably get some different wheels.

A few things I might get that aren't too exciting are a rear camber kit, shocks, and some window tint.

Hopefully a turbo kit will come out.

JEDI-SI
02-26-2003, 09:58 PM
So many choices on how to spend my money, it's crazy....apart of me wants to go body and the other half, all motor..

chunky
02-26-2003, 10:17 PM
thus far i just have a bunch of stereo mods.

performance wise i have:

exhaust midpipe
front brake pads (porterfield r4-s)

in the near future I will have:

new wheel/tires
h&r sport springs
custom air intake
front strut tower bar
rear brake pads to match front
stainless steel brake lines
upgraded rotors
Header
hondata heatshield gasket

and then in the far future:

built k20a head
built internals
standalone engine management (fuel upgrades, etc etc)
9000rpm like wha
oh, and JDM CTR tranny with LSD
and replace stock shocks with shortened struts which will hopefully be availible by then.

simann
02-26-2003, 10:49 PM
I want the R33 HKS Drag Car!

In real life, I am gonna get the K20A2 motor and Tranny ( when price comes down) then get Tein type Flex Coilover Sus. and then maybe, well, I dont really know?

Me and my friend(s) bought a 1992 240SX Coupe and are soon buying a CA18DET (prequil to SR20) front clip. Or maybe, just maybe an RB20-26 DET motor conversion...

In other words an all out drag car over 600hp (realistically). We are goin twords it as a team effort, just for the sheer joy. thats my REAL future plans for the next year or so. So PRAY FOR ME AND MY FRIENDS!!!!!:angel: