PDA

View Full Version : New Kamikaze header

!@#$%
02-25-2003, 06:48 PM
just found this from someone on 7thgencivic.

Kamikaze 4-1 header

Si app at the bottom of the list, scroll all the way down (http://www.bigjoshracing.com/store/shop/index.html)

(if not taken directly there be sure to choose civic/crx)

Price is $300. The welds do not look half as smooth as the DC or HP headers. I don't think this would give as good numbers, but I thought I would go ahead and make it known.

02SilverSiHB
02-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Kamikaze has been know to make headers that give better results than DC/Comtech/Apexi, etc. when used with a JRSC I know this from when I had my previous Civic (97 EX). I was in the got boost forum of clubsi alot. Many of the people would buy kamikaze when they had a JRSC, because of it's design. But some how, people with NA cars, would see the results and think they could do the same with their NA car....but lost power significantly.

Now I'm not sure if the one they make for us is for our car with a JRSC...seeing how the JRSC isn't even out yet....someone want to be the test dumie :)

denmah
04-20-2004, 08:26 PM
just bought the kamakazi dude, ill let you know whats up.

Siman
04-20-2004, 08:39 PM
.......the name itself just detirs me...:rolleyes:

why not "Kragamondo" or something

denmah
04-20-2004, 08:46 PM
lol, dude your like the most negative person on the board. lol.

why would you buy a DC header. i mean, why dont they call it the AZ header.

just fuckin w/ ya man i know where your coming from on the subject.

spider883
04-20-2004, 08:49 PM
denmah it will be interesting to see how our two setups workout on the dyno.. im going aem sri, jr race header and greddy sp2.. i have the intake and the header will be here thursday.. they sp2 ill get in about 2 weeks

Tenacious G
04-22-2004, 02:27 PM
denmah: it doesn't bother you that the listing for the Kamikaze header is for the "01-03 Si"? are you sure it's not for the D-series engines in the EM2s?

CSMsi311
04-22-2004, 02:37 PM
the design looks like it if for the K-series cause it looks like it exits 'away' from the engine instead of down and under like previous b and d-series engines.

There use to be some fitment issues with the old kamikaze. I have one of the ones that pushes the midpipe over enough that it was rattling against the chassis. I just used some bailing wire to pull the midpipe back towards the center.

Tenacious G
04-22-2004, 04:10 PM
whoops, yeah, i missed that photo at the top. i guess it is a k-series header. still, if they can't get the model years right, i'm not giving them my business.

denmah
04-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by spider883
denmah it will be interesting to see how our two setups workout on the dyno.. im going aem sri, jr race header and greddy sp2.. i have the intake and the header will be here thursday.. they sp2 ill get in about 2 weeks

yeah as soon as they come ill have em on and a dyno asap.

while my ecu is out and my car exhaust is apart, im having my tuner install a wideband o2 bung so he can hookup and dyno tune when im ready.

spider883
04-22-2004, 08:44 PM
well i have the header in.. monday or tuesday the new midpipe will be done.. however i have to add a new resonator bc it sounds liek total rice right now

!@#$%
04-23-2004, 06:49 AM
i posted this thread a looong time ago.

FCobra94
04-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
still, if they can't get the model years right, i'm not giving them my business.

Honda couldn't get our engine's displacement number right for almost 2 years on their website! Does that mean you won't give them your business again either? :p

Kal
04-23-2004, 09:24 AM
this header looks interesting, gotta love the black header, no need to worry about cleaning it haha

denmah
04-23-2004, 06:11 PM
lol thats the one i bought the black one, and a evo2 exhaust from showstoppers. ill let you all know what kind of numbers i put down.

dj addicted
04-23-2004, 06:26 PM
I was leary about this because it says from 01-03 si. There was no Si in 2001.