PDA

View Full Version : Oh! Deer! my EP is RETIRED! nice to know you all!

civicracer.com
02-25-2003, 08:15 PM
today - approx 8 pm
i hit a massive deer at the pennsylvania turnpike (i should say he hit me)

the scene was so big that i heard the news in local radio station

anyway

the car is dead! the whole side of car is trashed! the winshield shattered!

but...

the CF hood and kit is OK...the spoons are also fine

will i make it back? i dont know....i am very discourage right now....i might just act my age and retired this import scene

anyway...if i get back ill let you guys know...if i retired then nice knowing you all

eric

pix to come when i can face the car!

BlackFL2k2Si
02-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Wow :'( . Sorry to hear that man, hopefully you won't be completely retiring :D But, one question...you going to part out some of the stuff that wasn't destroyed?

DownTheHatch
02-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Man I'm really sorry for you man, I'm feeling for ya. I know that you're really upset cause your baby got damaged and all, but thats what insurance is for, don't let a damn deer stop you from enjoying your hobby! What are you going to tell your children when they ask why you stopped modifiying cars "I had a run in with a deer on the highway"? You can't let this beat you, you'll be letting all of us down here at ephatch, you'll be letting your self down. Like I said, I know you're really feeling horrible now, give it a few days and hopefully your vigor will be renewed, stronger than ever. Is this the first time something like this has happened to you? I doubt it.

SmoothOperator
02-25-2003, 08:29 PM
I hit a deer 3 days before I took ownership of my EP. Thank GOD I was just driving my beater. Even still though, I know what kinda mood you're in. It really sucks!
Listen to DTH and don't let it get to you man. Figure out what your insurance company will do for you, and take advantage of them!
Hang in there bro!

Jpax
02-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Hey Im just glad you are OK, somepeople that hit deer are dead.!

Like DTH said, get back up dust your self off and Drop the Hammer.

:D

I know you can do it..:)

Look at this guy!

PoRT
02-25-2003, 08:34 PM
sorry to hear that bro.. i would rather you stay in the game and make a comeback, but if ya dont.. i am interested in some part.. esspecially the hood and kit

IceD out N CALI
02-25-2003, 08:40 PM
what a pisser. hope you are able to take care of that with insurance so you can keep the ep. in either case, try to keep your spirits up

civicracer.com
02-25-2003, 08:48 PM
www.kyw1060.com
philly local news station reported this

I-76/Schuylkill Expressway between the PA Turnpike and City Ave/US 1 (10:26 pm 2/25/2003)

that was me!

thanks for the kind words and encouragement DTH and ephatch!

i dont know how i am gonna do it...but ill do my best to hang in there

:'( <---not to make a joke but i really look like that

chunky
02-25-2003, 08:53 PM
it's just an excuse to get a bodykit and have insurance pay for most or part of it. :D

Type X
02-25-2003, 09:01 PM
sux

HondaMan
02-25-2003, 09:01 PM
OMG...major bummer! Glad you're okay.

1abSi
02-25-2003, 09:13 PM
sucks...sorry to hear that!!!! but i can't seem to find it on there for shit

anjapower
02-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Sorry about that man. Glad to hear you're ok..that's what's important. Keep us updated of what you do.

Makross
02-25-2003, 10:01 PM
sorry to hear that :(

EViLsneakyDUCK
02-25-2003, 10:06 PM
sorry to hear about it...just more incentive to import a CTR ;)

SmoothOperator
02-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by chunky
it's just an excuse to get a bodykit and have insurance pay for most or part of it. :D
He's already got the D3 kit.

02SilverSiHB
02-25-2003, 10:10 PM
damn man! I'm sooooooo sorry to hear this happened to you. I'm amazed the kit is still intact. I can see why you would want to get outta the import scene. Twice now...ouch....and you just got started!
:(

fyzm7357
02-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully everything will turn out alright....

Brettnyt
02-25-2003, 10:43 PM
God damn! That blows! Any idea on how much damage it is? I wanna see some pics... geez, that crazy... Glad to hear that you are alright though...

ThickMick
02-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Hang in there! I'm sure a week from now you'll already have plans on how to overcome this little bump in the road (no pun intended). Everything happens for a reason.

They really need to make the freakin hunting season longer and allow hunters to bag more than one buck. Population's geatin out of control. Ohhh, now I'm hungry...;)

!@#$%
02-26-2003, 12:06 AM
just think NEW CAR SMELL! :) Sucks that ur car is bashed. Don't you work at a honda dealership? Look at it this way, you may be able to get a new ep for cheaper than the one the just bit the dust. Imagine having abrand new ep3 with 0 miles, spoon rims and a d3 kit. VERY NICE. hang in there and keep those fists up.

Will2K2
02-26-2003, 06:18 AM
Dude!, you got hella bad luck with having smashed Hondas.

To repeat other peoples sentiments:

At least you are okay, at least you didn't Rock a person (Just Bambi).

I know its a moot point right now, cause all you can see is your hard work and dedication , in pieces.

But, see it as an opportunity to start over.

Furthermore, you should be thankful you had the opportunity to have accomplished so much with the car.

-shows
-Drag
-extensive mods
-E-presence (ephatch)

etc..etc.....

Good luck with your next ride (hope its another EP)

W

SiR Medic
02-26-2003, 06:22 AM
That sucks man!
:mad:

Don't give up on this thing though!

DON'T LET THE DEER WIN!

You can rebuild it... You have the technology... Better... Stronger... Faster Than Before....
**Cue theme from "The Six-Million Dollar Man"**
http://212.169.28.98/multimedia/sounds/season2.mp3

:D
Don't give up on it man!

atl-si
02-26-2003, 08:16 AM
That sucks! Did you get to keep the deer meat? J/K! LOL!:D

BlasTech
02-26-2003, 09:14 AM
NO, YOU CAN'T STOP!

Look at the tatoo on your arm!

THERES NO TURNING BACK!

2pointslowEP3
02-26-2003, 03:16 PM
DAMN eric!!! WTF!!! that's 2 of my favorite cars gone!!! You're the only reason i bought my car man. You can't quit...you can't leave me man. Dude, I'm sorry. I just hope you're ok!!! I'll stop by your work one day...take pics so i can see!!! Well, not to be a jerk or anything...since i'm like the little brother you never had....can i maybe have something off your car...cf hood, dvd player, maybe the SPRINGS please!!!

civicracer.com
02-26-2003, 05:32 PM
thanks for the kind words again

but im not sure what im doing yet

i might sell all the carbon fiber parts (they are all brand new and good condition)

i still have a CTR kit that i can use

but too soon to tell

i hope i make it to HIN city philly march 15th

if i do it will be a miracle again

i remember last year 2 weeks before darknights show in canada i did not even have a car to show..bought a car...hooked it up....made it to canada and won first place

so, its been done...i just need motivation

man...i saw car today...i didnt even have balls to take a pic
its really bad! but the DVD still pays LOL

thanks again

ill keep EPhatch updated

DJQuikFingaz
02-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Aww common...pics! pics! pics!:( :(

slamedrides
02-26-2003, 06:45 PM
I am sorry to hear about that shiz glad you are ok... but don't give up.. if it is some thing you love doing you should keep doing it.. This time i would do something off the wall if i where you ... like an element but that is just me.. I really wanted to see your car in person at hin to :( but i am glad to hear that you are ok

TrippZ
02-26-2003, 06:53 PM
lol good to hear about the dvd

how much are you gonna let the hood go for if you sell it?