PDA

View Full Version : Wtf....

My_Blk_Si
02-25-2003, 08:58 PM
I'm driving home from work... when I hear a popping sound...
all of a sudden I step on the gas and nothing happens... the connection between my gas pedal and throttle cable broke...

And of course just my luck... it's 6:30 in the afternoon... the dealers closed and it's raining...

F**K... I had to tow it to the dealer and call tomorrow to see what's up... I'm just waiting for the guy to turn around and tell me... I'm sorry we don't have that in stock and it's gonna take three weeks to fix your car...

I hope I'm in everyone's prayers tonight... 'cause I'm gonna need it...

DownTheHatch
02-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Dude thats really odd, how does a connection for throttle just snap? Weird, good luck with the surgery.

My_Blk_Si
02-25-2003, 09:30 PM
There is a rubber piece and a small metal ring that connect the pedal to the cable... when i stepped on the gas... the metal ring snapped causing both pieces to fall and leaving the pedal hanging freely...

Brettnyt
02-25-2003, 10:50 PM
Sheite! That totally sucks man! Hope everything works out for ya! You get towed home or what? Keep us updated!

IceD out N CALI
02-25-2003, 10:52 PM
geez that sucks. my clutch cable once broke in my EF si. sucked:(

ThickMick
02-25-2003, 11:19 PM
The TC comes a little loose from the factory and some people have adjusted it to make it tighter (including me) improving response at the pedal. Did you do the same and I wonder if that is what caused it to snap?

CivicHB
02-26-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
geez that sucks. my clutch cable once broke in my EF si. sucked:(

My 91 Si EF left me stranded twice. First time the clutch cable gave out 20 miles from home. Second time the dohc ZC motor had smoke come from the exhaust and then the whole motor just shut down. Hence the reason for my new Si.

That is why IMO that engine swaps are unreliable sometimes.

My_Blk_Si
02-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by ThickMick
The TC comes a little loose from the factory and some people have adjusted it to make it tighter (including me) improving response at the pedal. Did you do the same and I wonder if that is what caused it to snap?

I had actually thought about doing it.. but hadn't yet...

I called this morning... and they hadn't even realized my car was there for service... I need to let out some steam...:mad:

X 2KS2K
02-26-2003, 11:17 AM
I know how you feel man. I've had a car towed to a dealer before and spent the next day arguing with them and the tow company trying to figure out where they put my car. Tow company said it was there... dealer said it wasn't. Finally I convinced the guy at the dealer to step outside and look himself... and wouldn't you know it? My car was sitting right in front. MORONS!

Gotta love the progression of customer service over the last 10 years.

GeNoZiDe
06-08-2003, 08:02 PM
was your gas pedal a bit loose b4 it popped??
cuz mine is loose
i can shake it a bit
i have to push it down more to get gas
looks like the cable is loose and one of the magnet things at the end is haning off a bit

golferjn
06-08-2003, 09:22 PM
sorry to hear about that. hope everything works out

Suk02Si
06-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by GeNoZiDe
was your gas pedal a bit loose b4 it popped??
cuz mine is loose
i can shake it a bit
i have to push it down more to get gas
looks like the cable is loose and one of the magnet things at the end is haning off a bit

get in there and tighten up ur cable, it's not hard at all