PDA

View Full Version : H&R springs & track widening spacers

2QK4U ALLWAYS
02-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Anyone has or is looking at the H&R stuff and has anyone here put spacers between the hubs and wheels. It's suppose to make the car handle better and H&R guarantees no sag on the springs.
Any info on these products would be appreciated.
Thanks

todaCspec
02-26-2003, 11:37 AM
H&R sport springs(1.3/1.3) p/n# 51866-2, sounds promising. It's between the pro-kit and sportline drop. Should be perfect.

EP33
02-26-2003, 02:03 PM
I have the springs & will install them when my Konis come in the mail. I'll post pics. Others here have them (SPRINGS) installed and seem to like them MUCHO.

I am also looking into the TRAK spacers. I'm going to wait until I see the drop of the springs first (my rims are 7.5" wide).

Big wheels pushed out to the edge of the fender (WITHOUT RUBBING OF COURSE) is cool shi_.

chunky
02-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by EP33
I have the springs & will install them when my Konis come in the mail. I'll post pics. Others here have them (SPRINGS) installed and seem to like them MUCHO.

I am also looking into the TRAK spacers. I'm going to wait until I see the drop of the springs first (my rims are 7.5" wide).

Big wheels pushed out to the edge of the fender (WITHOUT RUBBING OF COURSE) is cool shi_.

what's the offset on your wheels?

I'm getting +37 offset wheels which is the equivalent of having a 5mm spacer all around (stock offset is +42).

Ideally you wanna chose a wheel offset that will negate the need for spacers.

EP33
02-26-2003, 10:06 PM
+42. I will do some more investigating before I buy the spacers. I may buy them and only install them in the back:D

chunky
02-26-2003, 10:48 PM
+42. I will do some more investigating before I buy the spacers. I may buy them and only install them in the back:D

oh geez. sounds like you've been talking to the vdub guys. . . . pay them no mind, they LOVE to put spacers on the rear wheels.

that's the most assbackwards thing you could do. if anything you'd want the spacers up front.

with front wheel drive you want an ever so slightly wider track up front to help cope with the front weight bias - wider track helps keep things level through turns etc. the net effect is more traction up front through turns.

If you put spacers on the back, you get a wider track in the rear, which leads to less weight transfer from the inner to outer wheel in the rear which leads to more UNDERSTEER.

just do the same all around. with 7.5" wide wheels, i'm surprised that you only went with a +42 offset. You would have been better off with a front offset of at least +37.

JDM Whore
02-26-2003, 11:53 PM
What kinda rims do u have chunky? I remember you from SHO, you don't go there anymore huh? Still well informed of things I see.

EP33
02-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Putting spacers on the rear only was a joke. Although it does look cool, I understand that it is not functional as the drive wheels are in the front. I went with the stock offset in the hopes of preserving wheel bearing life, keeping steering wheel vibs down, & I really don't want to rub my tires against anything but the road, ever.

Good looking out though you are well informed.

Now tell me, where do babies come from;)

chunky
02-27-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by JDM Whore
What kinda rims do u have chunky? I remember you from SHO, you don't go there anymore huh? Still well informed of things I see.

wow, i haven't been on SHO in a LONG time. I hang out mostly here, www.hondavision.com and www.vtecatlanta.com (kind of a local/regional board)

I'm getting the OZ superleggera in 15x7.

they SHOULD have been here already, but it's raining and i'm sure fedex will be cutting it close to the 4:30 deadline for 3 day deliveries.

bastards.

chunky
02-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Putting spacers on the rear only was a joke. Although it does look cool, I understand that it is not functional as the drive wheels are in the front. I went with the stock offset in the hopes of preserving wheel bearing life, keeping steering wheel vibs down, & I really don't want to rub my tires against anything but the road, ever.

Good looking out though you are well informed.

Now tell me, where do babies come from;)

babies come from storks, duh! :D

if you have no rubbing with 7.5" wide wheels with a +42 offset, I should be golden with my wheel/tire combo.

goy091
03-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by todaCspec
H&R sport springs(1.3/1.3) p/n# 51866-2, sounds promising. It's between the pro-kit and sportline drop. Should be perfect.

are these springs out yet? i really want the Pro-Kit Springs but the H&R's are like aroune $150? right. do you know what kind of spring rates these have? any pink would be greatly appreciated.