PDA

View Full Version : noisy ground controls

31102si
02-26-2003, 11:16 AM
has anyone had a lot problems with their gc's. my left front side makes noise when ever I turn the wheel. I have sprayed all of them down with white lithium grease but that one still makes noise. it sounds almost like the spring is sliding or moving around. I have tried to make sure it is sitting sraight on the strut and everything looks fine. anyone have any ideas on what it could be. is this normal and am I stuck with listening to this annoying sound :( :'(

fishboy
02-26-2003, 11:54 AM
i have ground controls and they were really noisey at first, then i sprayed them down with wd40. i give them a good application every once in a while. they quite down for a couple of weeks then start back up again. people on here will tell you to grease them. sounds like your lithium grease should do the trick. my coilovers are still noisy, but not so bad. i think we are stuck with these noises to be honest. jack the car up and spray the shit out of it.

Mugen_EP
02-26-2003, 12:38 PM
I have the gc's and have not had any problems at all. Once they settle everthing should be ok. Looks like you've got the right idea w/ the grease. Hopefully everything is cool & good luck getting that desired quiet ride.;)

-LAW-
02-26-2003, 12:45 PM
i have Q for u guys with GC owners .. how low can u go ??? the lowest .. tuckin ??? thankz guys because i ahve tanabe springs right now , and it pretty dent .. just right ..

31102si
02-26-2003, 12:52 PM
I will keep spraying it down hopefully it will go away thanks

motomoron
02-26-2003, 01:42 PM
I'd be concerned. There really isn't any place for contact or rubbing unlees the installation was done incorrectly. I have GCs, koni adjustables, and Ingalls rear control arms, and except for a wee squeek from the urethane bushings in the control arms, the whole rig is silent, firm, and so much better than stock. Are the rubber spring isolator seats installed properly? are the dust excluder/bump stops on straight? are the spring coil rubbers on? jack the car, wheels off, bright light, closely inspect everything looking for evidence of contact. This is serious. Look at the brake lines, abs leads, where the struts bolt to the hub carriers, sway bars... It should not make noise period.

(concerned monkey:eek: )

31102si
02-26-2003, 01:58 PM
I probably will do that. Its weird though cause I have had them on for about 700 miles and it just started making this noise within the last two weeks. I sprayed it down with the grease and it went away for about a day and then it came right back. I helped with the install and I know everything went together right.

HARRY POTTER
03-23-2003, 09:42 PM
has anybody had an issue where the GCs seem to rattle or boing? sounds crazy, but it seems like my passenger rear system is makin these sounds at a slow/crawling, speed over simple road blemishes (like over a little gutter in a parking lot). but yet at normal speeds, even dippin on corners or turns not a single sound of rattle or boing is heard. any suggestions or idea whats going on with them???

JoshSI
03-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by motomoron
I'd be concerned. There really isn't any place for contact or rubbing unlees the installation was done incorrectly. I have GCs, koni adjustables, and Ingalls rear control arms, and except for a wee squeek from the urethane bushings in the control arms, the whole rig is silent, firm, and so much better than stock. Are the rubber spring isolator seats installed properly? are the dust excluder/bump stops on straight? are the spring coil rubbers on? jack the car, wheels off, bright light, closely inspect everything looking for evidence of contact. This is serious. Look at the brake lines, abs leads, where the struts bolt to the hub carriers, sway bars... It should not make noise period.

(concerned monkey:eek: )

Could you take some pics of your setup. I am having hte same problems and im pretty sure everything is installed right. I shouldnt have to go through this with this product and i shouldnt have to grease it everyday just so i can stand the noise of my car. Let me know. I jacked itup everything looked normal the only thing i can think of causing it is the coil becoming unseated and it hit back on the upper housing on hard bumps but when i turn the wheel i get all kinds of twangs and squeeks which doesnt make sense to me.