PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughly disappointing day at the track

modern-perf
02-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Famoso Raceway had their first open test and tune this past weekend so some friends and I went down to try out my car with the swap for the first time.

Man, was it PACKED there! I spent all day in the pits, from 9:30 until 4 pm and got to make 4 passes.

Best time: 15.08

Ran on my 17s with cheap street tires and got NO traction out of the gate. And it was my first time on a drag strip in 15 years. My best reaction time was .824.

Oh well...time for some decent rubber, and a Hondata re-flash for my RSX-S ECU (there was a guy from clubrsx.com there with the flash and he posted a 14.2 with no other mods but Falken Azenis and an AEM CAI, and his interior was gutted.) A second RSX with the flash and CAI but with full interior turned a 14.6. Both guys told me that my 15.08 was what I should have run since a stock RSX is a 15.1 car.

I was really hoping to leave with a 14.9.

:'(

!@#$%
02-26-2003, 01:18 PM
soooo close. oh well, dont worry about it. U will hit 14's.....no problem. traction is key

Type X
02-26-2003, 01:47 PM
get 2 rota slips and 2 falken azenis or some bf's

myeverlovinsir
02-26-2003, 02:26 PM
Seems like you will be breaking the 14s soon, I look forward to your times with the flash, it defitely helps, I would also look at motor mounts if you don't have them yet. 15 years is a long time to wait between runs. Congrats.:D

PoRT
02-26-2003, 02:51 PM
i will be going this friday to the track, ill let u know how it goes

golferjn
02-26-2003, 02:56 PM
its cool, dont worry about it

rocket_civic
02-26-2003, 03:59 PM
i dont get it. Isnt the k20a2 supposed to make your car faster? i ran a 14.8 in my ep with the k20a3 and i/h/e. stock tires.

Isnt there something wrong with this or was it really hot out?

Trevor

IceD out N CALI
02-26-2003, 04:31 PM
that sucks, i'm sure you'll have better times next time

Suk02Si
02-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by rocket_civic
i dont get it. Isnt the k20a2 supposed to make your car faster? i ran a 14.8 in my ep with the k20a3 and i/h/e. stock tires.

Trevor
yeah but you have EP # 00353 which I was told by Honda was actually a Type R in disguise:D ;)

rocket_civic
02-26-2003, 05:48 PM
you know it!:p

Trevor

Skidtron89
02-26-2003, 06:50 PM

Trevor

HAHAHA!!!

Your full of shit a A3 with some shitty bolt ons running 14's hahaha....yeah right not in a hundred years man. Get a fucking clue you have nowhere near the amount of hp to push a 2700lbs car into the 14's was there a Mustang GT pushing you though the 1/4 mile?????? And before you try to say whell what do you know and this and that I was there for modern-perfs runs and he was driving the car to it's limit it wasn't going to go faster unless it lost weight. I think I could have squeeezed a .1 out of it if I drove it but I weigh probably 80lbs less than him. And I am a huge shit talker and that goes a long way in the 1320. My buddy posted 15.3 with his Prelude on my first try I posted 15.0 I hadn't driven that car in like a year. My other freind turned a 15.8 in his 92 hatch I turned a 15.5, another freind turned a 14.8 in his turbo 99 Si I turned a 13.8 on the second try. I have a possible 13 second 89 Turbo hatch but now I'll never know since they wouldn't let me run due to a minor oil leak. I have raced many many of teh new Si because for some reason you guys think the A3 is fast and it simply isn't fast at all. I have absolutely destroyed 10+ of these over weight shit piles. The A2 make the whole car and I can still blow the fucking doors off it on slightly higher boost. Ask Modern-perf if you don't believe. after his swap we ran and I was stock boost at 5.5psi and I barely won by a car to a car and a half. I turned teh boost controller on and set it to 6.3psi and walked all over him like a cheap rug. I run 8psi+ regularly and it is very fast. You don't go that fast with only 160hp plus a tiny bit more. Shit let me see you on teh street I'll run 5.5psi and pull out a spark plug wire and smaoke that ass like nothing. The A3 is slow face it it does not run 14's period.

Do you have the car stripped?
Do you have top of the line bolt ons?
Slicks?
LSD?

probably not so you can't be that fast. Name teh place and time and I'll show you that you aren't in the 14's garunteed. i will bet money on it that you can't beat a A2 powered car with the same amount of bolts i.e. modern-perfs car which is intake and exhaust no header and you still won't win. Unless you header looks like a turbo. I hate lying about what cars do and don't have and lies about how fast they are.

edit: This was all a bit self righteous I know but shit a A3 in teh 14's with bolt on's is a boldfaced lie!

Glix
02-26-2003, 07:02 PM

Trevor

You are a permanent member of the fucktard club.

iR-VTEC2
02-26-2003, 07:03 PM
sorry but...some people get better cars then others.

Friends Mustang GT (00): Cannot get anything faster that a 14.9 with slicks. 9 different drivers.

Friends dad same car type (00 GT) 13.9 stock. One full second.

Of course YOU know every single manufacturing process and you inspect every single car out there and you know tolerances down to the micron eh? Yeah I bet.

How is it that two exactly the same RC cars from the store will not be the same? One is made better.

You think cars are all made the same? Some people in ep's can only break 16.0. others, Mid 15's and STOCK.

How is it that two exactly same 00 mustang gt's will have a SECOND difference in the quater mile, eh? how?

I bet that Modern Perf drives thatt car to low 14's with just that engine.

Nobody asked for your OBVIOUSLY intelligent opinion. And that's all it is. Make like a tree and get the hell outta here.

By the way, I had a good Accord EX. Stock 16.5 automatic. Most of the same cars were doing 17.
2's.

TrippZ
02-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Skidtron89

HAHAHA!!!

Your full of shit a A3 with some shitty bolt ons running 14's hahaha....yeah right not in a hundred years man. Get a fucking clue you have nowhere near the amount of hp to push a 2700lbs car into the 14's was there a Mustang GT pushing you though the 1/4 mile?????? And before you try to say whell what do you know and this and that I was there for modern-perfs runs and he was driving the car to it's limit it wasn't going to go faster unless it lost weight. I think I could have squeeezed a .1 out of it if I drove it but I weigh probably 80lbs less than him. And I am a huge shit talker and that goes a long way in the 1320. My buddy posted 15.3 with his Prelude on my first try I posted 15.0 I hadn't driven that car in like a year. My other freind turned a 15.8 in his 92 hatch I turned a 15.5, another freind turned a 14.8 in his turbo 99 Si I turned a 13.8 on the second try. I have a possible 13 second 89 Turbo hatch but now I'll never know since they wouldn't let me run due to a minor oil leak. I have raced many many of teh new Si because for some reason you guys think the A3 is fast and it simply isn't fast at all. I have absolutely destroyed 10+ of these over weight shit piles. The A2 make the whole car and I can still blow the fucking doors off it on slightly higher boost. Ask Modern-perf if you don't believe. after his swap we ran and I was stock boost at 5.5psi and I barely won by a car to a car and a half. I turned teh boost controller on and set it to 6.3psi and walked all over him like a cheap rug. I run 8psi+ regularly and it is very fast. You don't go that fast with only 160hp plus a tiny bit more. Shit let me see you on teh street I'll run 5.5psi and pull out a spark plug wire and smaoke that ass like nothing. The A3 is slow face it it does not run 14's period.

Do you have the car stripped?
Do you have top of the line bolt ons?
Slicks?
LSD?

probably not so you can't be that fast. Name teh place and time and I'll show you that you aren't in the 14's garunteed. i will bet money on it that you can't beat a A2 powered car with the same amount of bolts i.e. modern-perfs car which is intake and exhaust no header and you still won't win. Unless you header looks like a turbo. I hate lying about what cars do and don't have and lies about how fast they are.

edit: This was all a bit self righteous I know but shit a A3 in teh 14's with bolt on's is a boldfaced lie!

what the hell, shut the fuck up. retard, its been over discussed.

HE SAID HIS REACTION TIME WAS .8xx

that could prove to be a problem, asshole. and he had traction problems.

modern-perf
02-26-2003, 07:16 PM
You are a permanent member of the fucktard club.

BWAAAHHAAAHAHAAAAHAAA
Dammit that was hilarious!
:D

Come on, everybody that has run their A3 has been from 15.6 to 16.2. EVERYBODY. And Mustang GTs do NOT run 13s. I ran after a brand new Mach I last weekend and it posted a 14.6.

So what. I cut .8xx lights in 3 of my 4 passes. And those 3 times were 15.36, 15.24 and 15.08. The fourth pass (actually the first of the day) was a 1.225 and my time was 15.29. R/T does NOT have that much impact on E.T.

Dunrick
02-26-2003, 07:22 PM
I dont know guys, the dude who said he ran a 14.8 w/ i/h/e might not be full of shit - possibly though....I ran a 15.6 100% bone stock and I'm guessing after new tires/i/h/e/ i'll be low 15's -- wait...14.8 does sound pretty damn fast, now that I think of it who knows though....maybe he gutted out his car

Glix
02-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2

Friends Mustang GT (00): Cannot get anything faster that a 14.9 with slicks. 9 different drivers.

Friends dad same car type (00 GT) 13.9 stock. One full second.

Of course YOU know every single manufacturing process and you inspect every single car out there and you know tolerances down to the micron eh? Yeah I bet.

How is it that two exactly the same RC cars from the store will not be the same? One is made better.

You think cars are all made the same? Some people in ep's can only break 16.0. others, Mid 15's and STOCK.

How is it that two exactly same 00 mustang gt's will have a SECOND difference in the quater mile, eh? how?

I bet that Modern Perf drives thatt car to low 14's with just that engine.

Nobody asked for your OBVIOUSLY intelligent opinion. And that's all it is. Make like a tree and get the hell outta here.

By the way, I had a good Accord EX. Stock 16.5 automatic. Most of the same cars were doing 17.
2's.

Look, I know you wish it was true, but lets get one thing straight. I've personally witnessed a swapped EP with I/H/E, mugen ECU and new tires run 14.6's all night long. That's it 14.6. There is no fucking way a stock EP with stock tires and I/H/E pulled a 14.8. Let me also remind you that Trevor is known on ClubSi for posting mad bullshit to get a rise out of people. He is also well known for posting time slips from other cars and calling them his own. Don't bash on people who can clearly see through the BS.

Glix
02-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by modern-perf

BWAAAHHAAAHAHAAAAHAAA
Dammit that was hilarious!

Come on, everybody that has run their A3 has been from 15.6 to 16.2. EVERYBODY. And Mustang GTs do NOT run 13s. I ran after a brand new Mach I last weekend and it posted a 14.6.

So what. I cut .8xx lights in 3 of my 4 passes. And those 3 times were 15.36, 15.24 and 15.08. The fourth pass (actually the first of the day) was a 1.225 and my time was 15.29. R/T does NOT have that much impact on E.T.

Honestly man considering you don't have the flash for the a2 yet your 15.08 is a good time.

modern-perf
02-26-2003, 07:30 PM
Plans to remedy my situation:

1. Energy Suspension motor mount inserts to eliminate wheel hop.

2. Rota Slipstreams with 205/55-16 Falken Azenis

3. The all-powerful Hondata ECU re-flash (RSX-S of course :D )

4. I'm going on a damned diet

Maybe after all this is accomplished I can be as fast as rocket_civic is stock. :'(

Glix
02-26-2003, 07:33 PM

Maybe after all this is accomplished I can be as fast as rocket_civic is stock. :'(

I see low 14's in your future.

iR-VTEC2
02-26-2003, 07:37 PM
OK im sorry. You guys obviously know EVERYTHING. I wish i knew EVERYTHING and could anticipate and ascertain every single possibility! Wooo what would be wonderful!

Close minded people have close minded kids. remember that.

Skidtron89
02-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ

what the hell, shut the fuck up. retard, its been over discussed.

that could prove to be a problem, asshole. and he had traction problems.

heheheh you must be running 14's too huh?????

Lo jack? why would anyone steal that slow peice of shit? Even if they did it couldn't out run a Crown Victoria anyways so you wasted you money.

Subtracting. .3-.4 for reaction since a perfect light is .4 or.5 depending on rules and regulations at different tracks (yes I've seen both) so teh best he ran was 15.08-.3 to be conservative right? so thats 14.7ish so he ran well and there was not much more he could do since traction wasn't helping. it's not like he was going to get teh traction fairy to grant him a wish and then magically have traction. The only thing that could've helped was less weight or more power.

iR-VTEC2
02-26-2003, 08:00 PM
wait a minute...the mustang cant do 13's? Dudes the 99-00 stang GT does 14.1-14.0. Ive seen it, unfortunately. I've also seen some that cant break into the 14's. Spotty if you ask me.

Car are like gf's dudes, sometimes you get a solid chick thats really cool and you're best friends and sometimes you get a total bitch, lemon. It's the truth of life, accept it. if you dont and say anything else, then you really do not have a grasp on any kind of manufacturing processes, technology, and basically life in general. Learn to absorb information and try to come to the best and correct conclusion instead of diluting your mind with your own personal glory.

Glix
02-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
wait a minute...the mustang cant do 13's? Dudes the 99-00 stang GT does 14.1-14.0. Ive seen it, unfortunately. I've also seen some that cant break into the 14's. Spotty if you ask me.

Car are like gf's dudes, sometimes you get a solid chick thats really cool and you're best friends and sometimes you get a total bitch, lemon. It's the truth of life, accept it. if you dont and say anything else, then you really do not have a grasp on any kind of manufacturing processes, technology, and basically life in general. Learn to absorb information and try to come to the best and correct conclusion instead of diluting your mind with your own personal glory.

That's some damn nice acid your on.
You must be one of those.... You know the ones that get calls from vacuum salesmen touting some new scientific cure to the common shit in you pile, you know what I'm talking about, the daily dredge of crap that gathers on the bottom of your shoe. The crap that gets mashed into the pile when you come home from a hard days work, only to be greeted by a fucking dog that hates you. That same dog that you care for, that same damn dog that shits and pisses on your pile. Buy the vacuum, be the vacuum make the salesmen

BlackFL2k2Si
02-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Why are you giving him so much shit Skid? Have you been there when he has run his car? No you haven't. Who cares if he says he ran a 14.8, maybe he did. Just because most of the other ep's aren't running those times doesn't mean he hasn't. Many people have seen "factory beasts" which are in true very rare, but there are abnormal stock cars of any type that run faster then other stock ones of the same type. Take the stick out of your ass, losen your sphinctor, and take a damn valium. Just believe him and move on, no reason to get bent outta shape about it. :D

iR-VTEC2
02-27-2003, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Glix
[B]

That's some damn nice acid your on.
You must be one of those.... You know the ones that get calls from vacuum salesmen touting some new scientific cure to the common shit in you pile, you know what I'm talking about, the daily dredge of crap that gathers on the bottom of your shoe. The crap that gets mashed into the pile when you come home from a hard days work, only to be greeted by a fucking dog that hates you. That same dog that you care for, that same damn dog that shits and pisses on your pile. Buy the vacuum, be the vacuum make the salesmen

NamingException
02-27-2003, 06:53 AM
Man, I don't care who has what time in their EP, stock, swap, or whatever- it still doesn't give you license to be an asshole. Especially if you don't even own an EP.

S800Racer
02-27-2003, 10:53 AM

#1: RELAX. Repeat after me: A bad day at the track is better than a good day at work. Feel better?
#2: Fast times in any form of racing require some development work. Now that you have had a chance to run the car, you know what it needs next - traction. As soon as you iron out stuff like that, the times will come down.
#3: Screw the jack-offs that feel the need to flame everyone that talks about 1/4 mile times. Don't even respond to them.

bioevolve
02-27-2003, 11:43 AM
Just found out Honda does dyno all their cars off the assembly line:o
Anyways, you also gotta account for elevation,temps, humidity....to many factors to calculate in. Heck look at my times:
Bolt-ons 15.7
Bolt-ons + 75shot of N2O 14.4
all on 17" wheels with crappy kumoh 711's
:o with various R/T of .593 to .916
ANd I have ran down the track over 200 times with bolt-on
ANd over 60 times with N2O
I've got alot of track time on this car in North Carolina
Florida is gonna be different now, since the temps are higher and elevation is about sea level here.

PoRT
02-27-2003, 11:50 AM
R/T has nothing to do with your time. you can wait 5 sec before sitting the gas and it wouldnt make a diff. your time doesnt start until after you have crossed the staging beams. reaction times only come into play when you are running against another car. a car can acctually run a slower time and still win b/c of a better r/t. slower r/t times dont mean shit about your ET. his can ran average. 15.0 is a good time for a stock A2. as soon as he gets some minor mods, he will be running a lot faster. the mounts and tires alone will make a HUGE difference. give the guy a break.. damn

Skidtron89
02-27-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by bioevolve
Just found out Honda does dyno all their cars off the assembly line:o
Anyways, you also gotta account for elevation,temps, humidity....to many factors to calculate in. Heck look at my times:
Bolt-ons 15.7
Bolt-ons + 75shot of N2O 14.4
all on 17" wheels with crappy kumoh 711's
:o with various R/T of .593 to .916
ANd I have ran down the track over 200 times with bolt-on
ANd over 60 times with N2O
I've got alot of track time on this car in North Carolina
Florida is gonna be different now, since the temps are higher and elevation is about sea level here.

The problem is that your times make sense and are correct and teh other guy in the 14's is a straight up liar. And also it doesn't matter if I own an EP or not I'm right and everybody knows it. 14's with bolt ons and no other mods is BS there is no way it's possible. Well maybe down hill with a 50mph tail wind but other than that...........NOPE.......

02SilverSiHB
02-27-2003, 04:22 PM
(there was a guy from clubrsx.com there with the flash and he posted a 14.2 with no other mods but Falken Azenis and an AEM CAI, and his interior was gutted.) A second RSX with the flash and CAI but with full interior turned a 14.6. Both guys told me that my 15.08 was what I should have run since a stock RSX is a 15.1 car.

I was really hoping to leave with a 14.9.

:'(
Not sure if it's the same guy (from Austin) but he ended up hitting a 13.9 about a month ago. I saw him hit the 14.2 while I was at RCR...it was a black RSX-s right?

modern-perf
02-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Nope, it was blue. And he's from So Cal.

2k2_nbp_egg
02-27-2003, 05:24 PM
The A3 is slow face it it does not run 14's period.

Wow, first off, all i gotta say is that you are a COMPLETE dumbass skid tron. If you dont think the A3 is capable of high 14s with bolt ons then im sorry....you really are a fucktard. Thats fine and dandy you have knowledge with other hondas, but youre bitching about this other fools time on a car you dont own because of what youve seen from a select few people that post their times on the internet? Jesus you are fucking dense. Chakra and dunrick have hit 15.4 and 15.6 respectively....STOCK. With better motor mounts (which make a noticible difference for the RSX or Si), tires, ecu reflash, and bolt ons (not to mention skill, which seems to be another problem with some of the drivers) the A3 is definitely capable of high 14s. Its been done on various occasions without the flash, and if you cant believe rocket civics times then thats really your own problem. :confused:

Anyway, i give modern perf props for a decent first day at the track. What were your 60 foots? Your R/Ts werent too bad for a first day at the track in 15 years, but they really dont matter at all. Im also really curious to see what you were trapping at. Oh well, if you take your remedy plan then yea, i see low 14s in your future for sure, and if you get slicks youll be hitting 13s baby!

p.s. I guess theres two 13 second bolt on type Ss, but yea 02SilverSiHB i saw that black type S rip it up at HRP one night. JTaylor said his name was jeremy...or jdkindle i believe? Idunno...but i remember that he was definitely a solid high 13 second type s with mounts, reflash, tires, and intake. (i saw him take a spinning Z28 :eek: )
p.p.s.lol...if the K20A2 is capable of 13s with mounts reflash and intake, then why wouldnt the k20A3 at least be capable of high 14s with that and more, or simply substituted mods? ass
p.p.p.s. Why the fuck do you talk shit about a car whose board you frequent? Go somewhere else or spray yourself in the face with mace if youre just gonna be a small dick internet shit talker :(

rocket_civic
02-27-2003, 05:27 PM
wow, i didnt know that me posting that i ran a 14.8 would cause such a commotion. And yes i've posted bs on clubsi.com, but that was like 2 years ago and it was inside jokes between friends in the midwest forum. Secondly i'll gladly mail a tape of me runing a 15.0 to anyone who wants one, the tape is on my dresser, and thirdly i'll be running my car this summer in Union Grove WI, and if anyone would like directions on how to get there and what days i'll be running i'll be more than happy to help you out! I'd love to have an audience watch me run mid 14's this summer all motor cause it'll probably give me that warm fuzzy feeling of satisfaction when everyone realizes that my car is pretty quick and that lying about timeslips to a bunch of strangers on a website is rediculously gay. I could care less about trying to impress people. I was merely stating the fact that modern-perf's times were a little low and i was wondering if that had anything to do with weather conditions.

Trevor

myeverlovinsir
02-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg

Wow, first off, all i gotta say is that you are a COMPLETE dumbass skid tron. If you dont think the A3 is capable of high 14s with bolt ons then im sorry....you really are a fucktard. Thats fine and dandy you have knowledge with other hondas, but youre bitching about this other fools time on a car you dont own because of what youve seen from a select few people that post their times on the internet? Jesus you are fucking dense. Chakra and dunrick have hit 15.4 and 15.6 respectively....STOCK. With better motor mounts (which make a noticible difference for the RSX or Si), tires, ecu reflash, and bolt ons (not to mention skill, which seems to be another problem with some of the drivers) the A3 is definitely capable of high 14s. Its been done on various occasions without the flash, and if you cant believe rocket civics times then thats really your own problem. :confused:

Anyway, i give modern perf props for a decent first day at the track. What were your 60 foots? Your R/Ts werent too bad for a first day at the track in 15 years, but they really dont matter at all. Im also really curious to see what you were trapping at. Oh well, if you take your remedy plan then yea, i see low 14s in your future for sure, and if you get slicks youll be hitting 13s baby!

p.s. I guess theres two 13 second bolt on type Ss, but yea 02SilverSiHB i saw that black type S rip it up at HRP one night. JTaylor said his name was jeremy...or jdkindle i believe? Idunno...but i remember that he was definitely a solid high 13 second type s with mounts, reflash, tires, and intake. (i saw him take a spinning Z28 :eek: )
p.p.s.lol...if the K20A2 is capable of 13s with mounts reflash and intake, then why wouldnt the k20A3 at least be capable of high 14s with that and more, or simply substituted mods? ass
p.p.p.s. Why the fuck do you talk shit about a car whose board you frequent? Go somewhere else or spray yourself in the face with mace if youre just gonna be a small dick internet shit talker :(

I agree, the A3 with the proper mods will be in the 14s. just my .02 cents.:cool:

Skidtron89
02-27-2003, 06:21 PM
I am a huge asshole and you guys are princesses and A3's don't hit 14's you don't get .8+ seconds knocked of a car with i/h/e I just can't see it but i won't argue with you anymore unless I get bored later......hehe

iR-VTEC2
02-27-2003, 09:33 PM
I guess some cars are on Acid? :p

2k2_nbp_egg
02-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Wow.....wow. I guess people really can get that dense. *shrug*

All im sayin...is that there's some people up north that have been track deprived for a while, and with spring season opening them back up, i'll bet you....the pink slip to my car...*pfft*:rolleyes:... that there will be a couple of other 14 second all motor EPs around.

15.4-14.8=.6 and yes, .6 is realistic from bolt ons on a K series. Remember....these aren't B16s expecting a max of 10 whp from i/h/e.

pocketrocket
02-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Boy you guys can sure thread crap. But Mod-Perf, nice to see some times on the A2. Did you have to shift to 4? If not, that should knock a tenth or so off. Especially since we're still producing power when fuel cut hits. I'll be going to the track on April 5 with a 75 shot of N20, Drag Radials, and maybe, just maybe a K24. I'll be sporting the J's racing dampener as well to control all that torque =)
I still have yet to figure out my engine managment for the K24, but I'll get there soon... Probably AEM EMS.

-PR

atl-si
02-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Hehehehe, fun post!:D Just getting my .02 cents in! A3 rocks!

MCeez02Si
02-28-2003, 11:13 AM
I also just have to add my .02cents here. Just as an FYI, the Nissan SpecV was tested to be a 15.7-15.8 quarter mile car. However, many many SpecV owners are hittin 14.8's to 14.9's with just an intake. And also remember, there are so many cars that are tested brand new. Remember that a broken in engine will not be the same as it was brand new. If you would like to check out the SpecV's times/timeslips, go to:

www.b15sentra.net and www.thevboard.com

I'm almost positive that better times can be achieved with the K20A2 swap, non-modded. Every car drives differently, and it sometimes takes years to learn how to MAXIMIZE the potential.

Let's give our support and props to all.

02SilverSiHB
02-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Skidtron89
I am a huge asshole and you guys are princesses and A3's don't hit 14's you don't get .8+ seconds knocked of a car with i/h/e I just can't see it but i won't argue with you anymore unless I get bored later......hehe
well, I guess your right, it just takes i/h I hit a 16.3 when my car was totally stock. I put a cheap ebay sri on and hit a 15.7. Then I put on a HP header and hit a 15.5. So add .8 to 15.5 and you get 16.3....so it only takes i/h :rolleyes:
It is possible for the A3 to hit a 14 with just i/h/e. I've seen one hit a 15.3 totally stock suspension with just i/h. Work on the launch add some better tires and complete the system with the exhaust and it is possible. Now, when I say possible, I mean, once in a while you can hit a 14....this isn't going to be a constant thing. RocketHatch hit that 14 once when he ran like 15 times at the track. It's just one of those things. These ep's have been underrated for a while now.

If you don't believe it, then so be it. Time slips have been posted by rocket hatch....what more do you want? Let me guess....you want to actually be there to see it?

2K2SilverSi
04-01-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

well, I guess your right, it just takes i/h I hit a 16.3 when my car was totally stock. I put a cheap ebay sri on and hit a 15.7. Then I put on a HP header and hit a 15.5. So add .8 to 15.5 and you get 16.3....so it only takes i/h :rolleyes:
It is possible for the A3 to hit a 14 with just i/h/e. I've seen one hit a 15.3 totally stock suspension with just i/h. Work on the launch add some better tires and complete the system with the exhaust and it is possible. Now, when I say possible, I mean, once in a while you can hit a 14....this isn't going to be a constant thing. RocketHatch hit that 14 once when he ran like 15 times at the track. It's just one of those things. These ep's have been underrated for a while now.

If you don't believe it, then so be it. Time slips have been posted by rocket hatch....what more do you want? Let me guess....you want to actually be there to see it?

Just like me with my ep. Stock I ran a 16.08 then I got an intake and a header and ran a 15.38 which is .7 of a second. That was with an Injen Race Division CAI and a HP 4-1 header. Now I have a custom 2.25" midpipe and Kumho Ecsta Supra tires (205 55 r15)and I have motor mounts inserts on the way and I am hoping for high 14's with just tires I/H/E and motor mounts. It is doable since my 60ft time sucked with stock tires (2.38 average never lower than a 2.30)

DSSA
06-04-2003, 09:35 AM
I don't know what's making me laugh more. The people who are arguing over a few tenths, or the retards who actually believe that a reaction time is going to affect you ETs.

Thanks for the entertainment.

S800Racer
06-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by DSSA
I don't know what's making me laugh more. The people who are arguing over a few tenths, or the retards who actually believe that a reaction time is going to affect you ETs.

Thanks for the entertainment.

I laugh about how they talk about a 14 sec run like it's really fast and it takes a lot of work to make an EP do a 14 sec. 1/4. It's NOT fast. If you want to run 14 sec 1/4's, go buy an Oddyssey or a V6 Accord and run 14s all day without performance mods!

But, hey, whatever floats your boat

cbecker333
06-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Worst thread EVER (not modern's fault tho). Such a waste of time and energy...seriously. I like how rocket_civic was braggin' on 14.8s and then when someone called him on it, he can "prove" only a 15.0!!! Why did it go up 0.2? Because you lie! And we all care waaaay too much about 1/4 mile times.

02SilverSiHB
06-04-2003, 11:36 AM
it's all right modern, it's hot as shit right now here in Texas, I'm sure it doesn't help where you're at.

Hey Trippz, I think Skidtron89 was talking about race rocket, or whatever his name is, the one that got a 14.8 with i/h/e.

02SilverSiHB
06-04-2003, 11:38 AM
holy crap, I read the first thread and thought this was some kind of new post...this is old as shit! :rolleyes:

TrippZ
06-04-2003, 01:55 PM
haha

*slap*

modern-perf
06-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah, leave to a newbie (DSSA) to dig up a dead thread and beat it some more. And it was his first post!

For what it's worth, I'm at 14.74 now with the Nittos/Slipstreams/motor mount inserts/Greddy Evo.

Turbo should be installed by the end of the month. I'll start a NEW thread for that.

Now let's let this sleeping dog lie!

DSSA
06-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah, leave to a newbie (DSSA) to dig up a dead thread and beat it some more. And it was his first post!

It was fowarded to me by one of the regular members of the board. And since you and several others responded to it, I guess you need to take a dose of hush-mouth. I didn't know someone was twisting your arm behind your back to read it.

For what it's worth, I'm at 14.74 now with the Nittos/Slipstreams/motor mount inserts/Greddy Evo.

Turbo should be installed by the end of the month. I'll start a NEW thread for that.

Great, good luck with those 13s...

:*

ep pilot
06-04-2003, 07:36 PM
Again I am not a fan of the K20a2 swap, but ehh to each his own, I think there are so many variables, temp, tires, asphalt, driver etc.... I think another member mentioned that car are not all equal, I am a firm believer of this, I am in tons of cars all the time and occasionally you run into one that you