PDA

View Full Version : "Another Damn Repost".... "SEARCH!"...

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-26-2003, 08:52 PM
Why does it seem like every single thread i open has at least one of those 2 phrases as the first reply...

You all need to RELAX and welcome the activity...

With a mere 1500 members and an average of a whole 6 people browsing this forum at any given time, I think you people need to stop bashing people for posting...
it should be encouraged, even if the topic may have been previously discussed...
maybe then we could grow to a respectable size and provide MORE useful information to enthusiasts...

I get annoyed when people waste more bandwith with their GHEY "Another Damn Repost" pics as the original "offender" who may have posted a relevant topic, even if it had been discussed previously...

gpt
02-26-2003, 09:30 PM
REPOST!!!! hehheh j/k:D

It seems to me that the site has grown quite well considering the number of EP's coming to NA - 12000 a year I believe.

We should have a count somehow of how many of the members on here own EP's and what percentage of total NA EP owners this site represents.

JLannoo
02-26-2003, 09:37 PM
I agree with ya.

Plus if its something that gets repeated alot it gives my stupid ass a chance to help someone. LOL :)

NamingException
02-27-2003, 07:08 AM
I agree with you, I've said the same thing before.

It seems to me people feel like they are more "in the club" if they can make other people feel like they're left out. It's juvenile- but there are a lot of younger people on the board. Luckily there's a lot of interesting, informative, mature people too.

todaCspec
02-27-2003, 07:09 AM
True dat my friend, let's help one another. Hey, w/o re-posts their would be no activity on this forum, hee-hee. Plus their is always updated information on previously discussed material. So keep it up Newbz!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-27-2003, 07:41 AM
anyone ever realize that if you do a search for the term "search" you will get 500 threads...
:o
talk about a re-post?!

SiR Medic
02-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

Why does it seem like every single thread i open has at least one of those 2 phrases as the first reply...

You all need to RELAX and welcome the activity...

With a mere 1500 members and an average of a whole 6 people browsing this forum at any given time, I think you people need to stop bashing people for posting...
it should be encouraged, even if the topic may have been previously discussed...
maybe then we could grow to a respectable size and provide MORE useful information to enthusiasts...

I get annoyed when people waste more bandwith with their GHEY "Another Damn Repost" pics as the original "offender" who may have posted a relevant topic, even if it had been discussed previously...

This has been mentioned before... Please do a SEARCH!

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/drallen/public_html/trinityOWN.JPG

J/K! ;)

I agree with ya to a point. Yes, some obscure question should not be razzed just because it was discussed 3 months ago in a 5 post long thread. Also, people should be polite about things like this, especially to new members.

However... Questions like "What intake should I buy? And "Is the Civic Type-R coming to North America?" have been beaten to death.

Also when two similar threads start on the same day, it tells us that some people are so eager to post, they do so before looking over what has already been posted that day. This can be avoided by clicking the "View New Posts" link on the new forum page.

I do believe that some subjects are important enough and SHOULD be repost from time to time to keep it fresh. ie: The Hondata Debate.

Just my $0.02 (Canadian):)