PDA

View Full Version : ECU Question

pocketrocket
02-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Quick question, will the K20A3 ECU work with the K24A motor? I've got a deal on one, but there's no ECU. I plan on going with the AEM ECS later, but is there any way I can get my k20 ecu to work with the k24? Hondata?
Help!

Thanks
-PR

chunky
02-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
Quick question, will the K20A3 ECU work with the K24A motor? I've got a deal on one, but there's no ECU. I plan on going with the AEM ECS later, but is there any way I can get my k20 ecu to work with the k24? Hondata?
Help!

Thanks
-PR

it should work. however you won't achieve optimal performance until you tune with a piggy back ECU.

pocketrocket
02-26-2003, 10:35 PM
Will the S-AFC solve the tuning problems?

I was thinking of trying to pick one up used until the AEM ECS comes out.

-PR

chunky
02-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
Will the S-AFC solve the tuning problems?

I was thinking of trying to pick one up used until the AEM ECS comes out.

-PR

well, the s-afc would help correct the a/f issues.

Timing should be about the same was with the k20 motor, but would ideally be tweaked as well. Unfortunately with direct ignition you need to adjust ignition timing electronically instead of being able to turn the distributor a few degrees fore or aft.

Hondata
03-01-2003, 10:23 AM
We have a tune for a K24 that can be loaded into the Civic Si and RSX computer.

It will require the larger K24 injectors, is smog legal and dealer compatible.

EP33
03-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Does that K24 come with a LSD?

pocketrocket
03-01-2003, 03:24 PM
I don't believe it does come with a LSD. It does come with a tranny, but I didn't know that the CRV had an LSD.. I just thought it was some funky real time all wheel drive thingy.

Hondata, will your k24 flash work with nitrous? If so, I'll be sending you my ECU in a couple of weeks!

-PR