PDA

View Full Version : I thought I told everyone??

Pradamuimui
02-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Remember when I told everyone that the Type R was comeing in the Fall?? Yeah, thats what I thought, I mean I love my Si and all but its freaking gone when September hits. I would rather have a Type R. But Im sure that there will still be people out there that are gonna wanna talk SH%T and say it's no comeing, and BLA, BLA, BLAAAA. But I was told long ago that it was, and Motor Trend thinks so too. Now Im sure Im gonna get flamed on, and this post will be locked an so on. But don't say I DIDN'T TELL YA SO...hahahahahahahahahahaha. :D :D :p :cool: :D :cool: :p :cool:

civicpimp
02-26-2003, 10:31 PM
I'll believe when I see it.

chunky
02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
magazines love to spread rumors.

it's how they sell issues, who can blame them?

but if you look at the facts, there is no way the type-r is coming to the U.S.

A sports car that rivals the straightline performance of the s2000 for less money? Nope, not gonna happen, and DEFINITELY not under the honda nameplate.

An Acura RSX type-r is much much more likely. 1) With an acura nameplate, honda would be able to command the type of profit margin it expects to make on a limited edition model. 2) Within the Acura model lineup, there are no other cars that the RSX-r would compete with.

CTR ain't gonna happen.

RSX-r WILL happen, it's just a matter of time.

Dohcivtec
02-26-2003, 10:44 PM
I know the CTR will have to come sooner or later. That's why I didn't buy the '02/03 SI. I'll break my piggy bank when the CTR comes. :p

DownTheHatch
02-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Even if we do get the type-r, it'll still look US spec. (extended front/rear bumpers w/reflectors)