PDA

View Full Version : Taking Off Mud Guards

civic hatch boi
07-29-2002, 02:20 PM
i just unscrew the screws and that's it? does it leave any scratches where the guards used to be? thanks alot guys.

SBC31
07-29-2002, 02:32 PM
You will need to put 2 of each screws back in their hole for each mudguard. As far as scratches, well that depends on many factors and so on so you will see for yourself when you remove them. Should not be scratched unless you drive on dirt roads alot.

Interesting that you are asking questions on this, you must be new to cars and/or mudguards.

SpeedRacer
07-29-2002, 03:40 PM
i did not replace the screws you can but if you dont it wont be a big deal and you will save weight. not that screws really weigh that much.

SBC31
07-29-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
i did not replace the screws you can but if you dont it wont be a big deal and you will save weight. not that screws really weigh that much.
Some of those screws are there the hold the fender liner. I think the back ones may be okay to not be there, but why leave a hole there???

DynaSpeed
07-29-2002, 04:50 PM
i did not replace the screws you can but if you dont it wont be a big deal and you will save weight. http://www.probetalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif Just goes to show, you can *never* take off enough weight!

ek9jdmhb
07-31-2002, 05:09 AM
does anyone want to sell there mudd gaurds? i drive to L.A. everyday and i get alot of white stuff on my rear bumper. worse thing is my cars black. so if you want to sell them please tell me

civic hatch boi
07-31-2002, 11:24 PM
i would, i'm in san diego and la sometimes when i'm not at school. no screws tho, just the guards.

Neophyte
08-22-2002, 01:43 PM
My front passenger mud-guard keeps getting half torn off at the damn Car wash...Screws seated way too shallow.