PDA

View Full Version : My Headlights

Beachya
02-27-2003, 05:35 PM
I decided to paint the entire housing black. But, I left the silver trim on the lip of the main light. Was going to do the lip on the turning light too, but decided against it. Nothing major, but let me know what you think.

Beachya
02-27-2003, 05:37 PM

golferjn
02-27-2003, 05:58 PM
looks fine

CgSi
02-27-2003, 06:11 PM
I did that last night. Looks good

SubliminalSi
02-27-2003, 07:27 PM
that looks really good, im just not brave enough to do it!

Spidey
02-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
me too. Or I would like someone who did to come and help me do mine.

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-28-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi

Its really quite easy, as long as you take your time. Hardest part is when you are taking the first one apart and figuring out how long you need to put it in the oven to get the seal all nice and gooey. What I figured out and what seemed to work best for me was to put them in the oven for about 5 mins at 250 take em out, pop the tabs all the way around, then put them back in the oven for about 5 mins, take em out and pull em apart, I used a flat head screw driver to pry the back off some and then pulled the rest with my hands. But thats really the hardest part, if you are careful with your masking tape everything will be mint. I was under alittle less pressure with mine because I bought some headlights off eBay and painted them instead of taking the risk of screwing up my only set.

SiR Medic
02-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Looks good!

taikahn
02-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch

Its really quite easy, as long as you take your time. Hardest part is when you are taking the first one apart and figuring out how long you need to put it in the oven to get the seal all nice and gooey. What I figured out and what seemed to work best for me was to put them in the oven for about 5 mins at 250 take em out, pop the tabs all the way around, then put them back in the oven for about 5 mins, take em out and pull em apart, I used a flat head screw driver to pry the back off some and then pulled the rest with my hands. But thats really the hardest part, if you are careful with your masking tape everything will be mint. I was under alittle less pressure with mine because I bought some headlights off eBay and painted them instead of taking the risk of screwing up my only set.

wanna sell your extra set?

Or trade a pair of painted black ones for a pair of non painted ones (plus some cash?)

I screwed up my 99 DX headlights trying this with a hair dryer -- they were never straight again -- always tilted crooked -- reflecting wrong, etc... so basically, im scared to fuck with my headlights now. sad but true.

Lemme know.

IceD out N CALI
02-28-2003, 03:05 PM
looks good, nice job

Beachya
02-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Thanx all!

TheRoxorcist
02-28-2003, 05:58 PM
double it.

Hatch, Si Hatch
03-03-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by taikahn

wanna sell your extra set?

Or trade a pair of painted black ones for a pair of non painted ones (plus some cash?)

I screwed up my 99 DX headlights trying this with a hair dryer -- they were never straight again -- always tilted crooked -- reflecting wrong, etc... so basically, im scared to fuck with my headlights now. sad but true.

Lemme know.

I will have to think about it, I did a OK job on mine, but would hate to screw up someone else's...heheh.

02CivicSI-VTEC
03-04-2003, 06:37 PM
what kind of paint did you used???

Beachya
03-05-2003, 08:47 PM
I used flat black