PDA

View Full Version : painting lights question already searched

norcalSI
02-27-2003, 08:14 PM
okay guys i am going to paint my headlights friday night. I have some questions that aren't really covered in the rest of the threads.... is it necessary to remove the crome on the headlights? Like sand it down or use acetone? also how many coats of primer is used? how many coats of black paint need to be used? What color is the best to use? flat black, glossy black, dark grey? What color are the ctr lights? thanks in advance. ooohhh....should we use a clear coat too? considering paint should we use heat paint? sorry....

CgSi
02-27-2003, 08:28 PM
I didn't sand the chrome at all. No primer and I used about 4 coats of semi-gloss black paint.
Make sure each coat is completely dry

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-28-2003, 06:47 AM
I didn't sand either. I put several coats of flat black and then switched to semi-gloss and finished up. Turned out pretty good. Haven't installed them yet, I'm waiting to get my springs and red "H" emblems so I can install my wheels and everything at the same time.

NamingException
02-28-2003, 07:03 AM
You totally don't have to sand, prime, clearcoat, anything like that. You don't need hi-temp paint, either. A few thin coats of general purpose flat black spray looks best, in my opinion.