PDA

View Full Version : 10" Subs

JruSi02
02-28-2003, 12:26 AM
Hey guys, not to sound stuck up or concieted or anythin like that but whenever i do somethin i always want the best and think it should be done right the first time. In a month or two when i have all the money i need i'm going to be doing my system in si, im goin with MB Quart QSD 216's in front and rear cause i hear they're among the best if not the best 6 1/2 components (i've heard them too and like the way they sound). I'm thinkin two 10" sub's cause my friend sais because they're smaller they're tighter and respond with faster beats and crisper sound instead of gettin two 12"'s. So my question is what are some of the best 10" subs around? I saw the Rockford Fosgate Power HX2's have a 2,000w peak and that seems pretty impressive but i havn't heard them so i dont know anythin bout their sound quality. I'm lookin for a great soundin sub that can get loud too. Unless you guys think i should really go with two 12's but im kinda leanin more toward 10's. Thanx in advance to anyone who helps out!

Jpax
02-28-2003, 07:31 AM
I would get (2)8w7 from JLAudio, There small and tight and you can use a smaller box. These will hit better then (2) 10" when powered with rec: wattage.

BTW, I hop your not goin gto mount the crossovers of those's Q series speakers in the doors, It would be a bad idea. mount them in the hatch with a custom enclosure with the subs.

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/w7preview.html

alex_mathews
02-28-2003, 08:33 AM
I'm assuming when you say 8w7 that you mean 8" subwoofer, right? I can't find the w7 in that size. JL Audio's website lists 10", 12", and 13.5".

Jpax
02-28-2003, 06:36 PM
So Young So trusting. It will be avaible in summer, They are in production right now.

JruSi02
03-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Whats so good about JL's, I keep hearin rave reviews bout em but their rms/peak is so much lower than some of the other ones out... maybe they sound good but can they get loud and still sound good too? It said 1000 is their absolute peak on their power chart and its got black on it as if its beyond the danger zone, lol.

Jpax
03-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by JruSi02
Whats so good about JL's, I keep hearin rave reviews bout em but their rms/peak is so much lower than some of the other ones out... maybe they sound good but can they get loud and still sound good too? It said 1000 is their absolute peak on their power chart and its got black on it as if its beyond the danger zone, lol.

Thats 1000 watts on each coil, the 13" is duel Voice coil, 1000 x 2 = 2000 watts.

If your looking for SPL then go a different way, I love there tight bass, small enclosures, and great power handling.

BlackNRedSi
03-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Yea if i were you, ide go with the Jl 8', get bostons for your front speakers, mb for your rears

check out my ride, maybe it will help you alittle

eric

EPHatchgirl
03-11-2003, 09:25 AM
I have two Rockford Fosgate 10's and I have always liked the way they sound. Good luck... BTW, the guys that put in my stereo (someone owed me a favor, and I felt lazy) put my crossovers in the doors. HELP! Is this something that will damage anything?
Thanks!

BlackNRedSi
03-11-2003, 09:27 AM
the crossovers will be fine in the door...some people mount the crossovers in the door, some just give spare wire so the crossovers can lay in the door....you wont have a problem with it....dont fret! :)

post some pictures when you get some! :)

eric

EPHatchgirl
03-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Thanks! I got nervous... *it's just a car, it's just a car* I keep repeating it, but I can never get myself to believe it.

BlackNRedSi
03-11-2003, 09:45 AM
they put the crossovers inside the door right? like between the metal of the door and the plastic on the inside of the door?

if so, there are no worries, you wont have anyworries about it period unless you sit there all day and play with the wires that attach to the crossover...i doubt your doing that!

you check out my ride?

Eric