PDA

View Full Version : What are these

TomR123
02-28-2003, 04:00 PM
I was looking through the tailight access hole in the hatch and I noticed that theres a clear tube about a quarter inch in diameter on each side of the car. What are these?

BSEVEER
02-28-2003, 04:04 PM
For drainage maybe?

padelong si
02-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Could be rear window washer tubes.

TomR123
02-28-2003, 04:07 PM
They look very big to be rear washer tubes, and I dont see why they would be on each side, as for drainage i dont see where they would come out on the bottom

DownTheHatch
02-28-2003, 04:39 PM
Very weird.

I followed the tubes, they go up the rear C-pillar, across the headliner and down the A-pillar but I lose them after that point, they're not under the hood.

The tubes have water drops in them, at first I thought they were drains for the sunroof, but they bypass that all together, however there may be a T-fitting at the sunroof so that water can drain to the back or front of the vehicle, because at the end of the tube it fits into the rear fender evidently just draining onto the street. It would make most sense that its a Sunroof Drain, If the end of the tube isn't all the way into it's black fitting it could possibly cause flooding of the rear trunk space as it's easy to pull out.

JLannoo
02-28-2003, 05:20 PM
There is a drain nozzle on each of the four Moonroof corners. Maybe what you thought was one tube running across was actually two.

http://www.slhondaparts.com/images/PCI/13S5S0/007/9.jpg