PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade an Si for a RSX Type S?

snubnose
07-29-2002, 03:56 PM
Let's say you paid 18,500 for an Si. An Acura dealership will give you 17,000 for the Si and sell you an RSX Type S for 22,200 not including tax and tags.

Although this is the position I am in, I love the Si.

But there's always a part of me that wonders what the next step up would be like.

The Type S was a nice car to drive.

Can you give me feedback, advice and opinions?

ApexinSi
07-29-2002, 04:18 PM
Not in a million years...I personally dislike the RSX's interrior..all except for that rev happy tach.. the outside of the car looks nice, but kinda looks like every other new body style...Not to mention everyone and their brother around here has an RSX.

IceD out N CALI
07-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Thats my only beef with the RSX is its yawner of an interior especially on the type S. Not a bad proposition for the type S worth considering.

MagusDC5
07-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Personally I liked the S' interior over the Si's. One of the many reasons I went with the Type S.

22,2 you may actually be able to get closer or under invoice of 21,650 if you were actually thinking about it, the 2003's should be on lots very soon and im sure they'll be wanting to get rid of the 2k2's.

SpeedRacer
07-29-2002, 04:33 PM
my friend has the type-s and he says my car feals faster plus he already wants to get rid of his car. i dont think the type S is a step up.

02SilverSiHB
07-29-2002, 04:44 PM
well, we already know the type s is faster, well except for speedracer smokin that weed and makin it feel like it's faster. The interior looks awsome to me. It has leather, which is nice, but to tell you the truth, I hate the feel of it. Then there is the sound system, doesn't it come with a cd changer? That's awsome if it does. Then it has 16" rims on it already which I love the way they look. Great for stock. Then there is the factory body kit. I sware Tsunami got along side with acura and helped them out, it looks soooooo damn good. Then there is the more powerful engine. Much better NA future than our si. It has a lot of pluses. So would I? You damn skippy I would! I was going to take a look at them, but I had a budget to stay with. My wife is getting out of the military to go through ROTC, so there goes one pay check for a year.
But then there is the body kits (look wise), I feel the si has a better body right now for body kits. The RSX just wouldn't look right with some buddy club or mugen. The factory one looks great. It really comes down to what you want. You will get more power and probably more sexy looks from the girls. Although, my si is attracting women like crazy. They are always saying they love my car, although it's a lot of "that's sooooo cute!". I really hate cute. I like bad ass, awsome, damn you dick is huge kinda look :D
But I'll get those responses once I lower it and add a body kit.
There's always going to be something better out there. I think you should save your money. The Si isn't like the rsx, there's more of them than us. So if you want to be different, well......

MagusDC5
07-29-2002, 06:09 PM
Yea they are pretty much 2 different cars, aimed at 2 different age groups really....and yes the Type S comes with a 6 disc in-dash changer. My JDM Spoiler and headlights come this week...I cant wait to put them on and put pictures up ;)

Yea speed needs to pass some of them trees :D

SmoothOperator
07-29-2002, 07:25 PM
I would have gotten a RSX-S if I could've afforded it. Unfortunately, I'm still paying off some serious student loans so.......

1fastminivan
07-29-2002, 09:40 PM
I love the RSX-Type S, but Im kind of attached to my 2k2si now and I dont think I could do it even though I know Ill be faster. :D

eLEMENTgiRL
07-29-2002, 10:45 PM
i would have gotten the type s if i could have afforded it.. but i wouldn't settle for anything less than the type S.. otherwise.. i'm happy with my SI now.. it's a work in progress..but it's coming along nice :o)

SiVTEC
07-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
my friend has the type-s and he says my car feals faster plus he already wants to get rid of his car. i dont think the type S is a step up.

and what must you be smoking sir?

RSX Type-S will run circles around the 02 Si.

Do you still think those 03 Accord photos are photochopped even though numerous publications already test drove and put the same damn pics:rolleyes:

PLEASE DONT TAKE OFFENSE, i am simply stating the obvious.

ok goodbye:)

EDIT:No, I would't trade it in for a RSX-Type-S. If I wanted one, I would have gotten one in the first place:D

NetDragon
07-30-2002, 08:27 AM
Well, I personally love my car. I love having a hatch back. I know the RSX is also technically a hatch back or maybe a fastback. But I really wanted something that can REALLY seat 4 or 5 people with some degree of comfort. I have not driven in the RSX-S but I have been a passanger, in the back seat. It is a rough ride, I mean damn, and the back seats really, there is no point. Should be a two seater. Does corner really nice, even on stock tires.

Burgh
07-30-2002, 09:52 AM
Absolutely! But only if someone was making up the price difference.

But seeing as how I don't own either car my vote doesn't count so I'll just shut up now...