PDA

View Full Version : Sad... sad day for 2 EP owners in So Cal.

ep3guy
03-01-2003, 12:21 AM
OK, a couple of friends and I were eating today at a local fastfood place. I just finished my meal and was waiting for my other friends to finish up. All of a sudden I hear an alarm going off, and it sounded kinda like my car. So I went outside, and :eek: , my lights are flashing. The guy that parked next to me walks casually away from me. I notice a nice big dent on my door, and I told him he just hit my door.

To summarize this crap up, he pretended like nothing happened till I pointed out the dent. "Oh, it's nothing, I'll give you $15 so you can go fix it," he said. I said no, and blah blah blah, and I asked for his license/insurance etc. Turns out, the guy doesn't even have a license, and no insurance also. I guess this is why he was so paranoid about me calling the cops. I lost control of my temper and almost did some dumb stuff. So now, I have to go get my car estimated and talk to this guy. I get to drive my EP with 2 nice dents and some white paint on my passenger side door.

One of my friends with an EP got his car hit today too. The damage on his car is much worse. Rear quarter panel damage and the rear bumper is gone. Thing that sucks is that it was a hit and run. So he's pretty pissed also.

Sorry for the super long post and if a lot of it is not clear, I wrote this up real quick. I had a very long day. :'(

fyzm7357
03-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Damn that sucks for both of you...hopefully everything turns out alright and the guy doesn't try to squirm out of paying for your damage.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
03-01-2003, 12:27 AM
so did you get his 411 so he will pay for the damages?

ep3guy
03-01-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
so did you get his 411 so he will pay for the damages?

Yeah, luckily he had a CA I.D.

First thing my friend said when I brought it to his shop, "Holy shit thats a big dent!"

BTW, this was at Alertos, watch out for a guy in a big white van. (E-150 I think.) I think he works there or something.

BSEVEER
03-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Damn that sucks! I hope you're able to make him pay. I think I might almost do something stupid if I got hit too.:(

iR-VTEC2
03-01-2003, 01:17 AM
some people i tell you. That's why i park far FAR away

ep3guy
03-01-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2

I don't know about my friend, but I parked away from other cars that were there at the time. After a while, more people started to come.

I went to Honda and got an appointment for my estimate. Now I will have to wait until Wednesday.

mrfixit687
03-01-2003, 02:47 AM
that sux dude, i love alertos

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-01-2003, 08:12 AM
I sincerely hope you called the cops and got a police report.
Otherwise, you'll be flippin the bill all by yourself...

Good luck.

ballsdeep
03-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2

Me to but it seems like no matter how far away you park someone always parks right next to you, whats up with that. My dad went to the movies the other day and parked way out in the lot where there was a ton of spaces. He comes out of the theater to find a lexus parked behind his car. The driver of the lexus had pulled into the spot so far that he hit the rear bumper of my dads S4. The moron didnt even back up he just left his car parked on top of my dads bumper. My dad was so freakin mad he called the cops who went inside and pulled the guy out of the theater. People who use other peoples bumpers to tell whether or not their pulled all the way into a space to not belong driving and if some sh!t like that does happen you should be able to kick their a$$ without getting in trouble. Sorry for the rant but some people suck.

TrippZ
03-01-2003, 09:24 AM
damn man that sucks, i hope you got all the proper info. should have called the cops anyway

ep3guy
03-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ep3guy

I don't know about my friend, but I parked away from other cars that were there at the time. After a while, more people started to come.

I went to Honda and got an appointment for my estimate. Now I will have to wait until Wednesday.

Yes, I called the cops. He said he can't really do anything because it was on private property. It's a civil dispute he said. He can't do anything to the other guy until he gets in the car and starts driving out onto the street. That is when the cop can pull him over and impound the van and do all that other fun stuff.

All I can do now is go get estimates and make the guy pay. If he doesn't pay, then I have to take it to court.

I'll be going to MOBworks later today to get an estimate also.

ep pilot
03-01-2003, 11:47 AM
This stuff might be my worst pet peeve. I don

DjMacAtack
03-01-2003, 12:10 PM
wierd... i always had a different point of view to this... park as close as possible... then if anything happens, more witnesses...

BlasTech
03-01-2003, 12:16 PM
That's one of the reasons that our insurance is so high...there's a staggering number of drivers (like at least one in sight at any redlight) with no insurance and often no license.... especially in the south and southwest. The penalties for driving w/o license and insurance should be higher, its endangering other peoples lives without any accountability.

ep3guy
03-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
That's one of the reasons that our insurance is so high...there's a staggering number of drivers (like at least one in sight at any redlight) with no insurance and often no license.... especially in the south and southwest. The penalties for driving w/o license and insurance should be higher, its endangering other peoples lives without any accountability.

I agree. I was in shock when he did not have insurance, and then I found out he doesn't even have a license.

Type X
03-01-2003, 12:52 PM
first of all if i guy dented my door

he wouldn't have time to pull his id or insurance card out

i would have him on the floor beating the shit out of him :)

EP33
03-01-2003, 12:55 PM
All of the SoCal Ep owners lets get together and "visit" this non-licensed fella. . . . .it's time for some instant justice:cool:

J/K. . . . .I wish we could though

Reminds me of the time this "lady" backed into my car in the drive-thru. I could not FN believe it!

Good luck getting your car restored (and your friend too).

ep3guy
03-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Type X
first of all if i guy dented my door

he wouldn't have time to pull his id or insurance card out

i would have him on the floor beating the shit out of him :)

I almost did that, but then I got control of myself again after the cop came.

Good luck getting your car restored (and your friend too).

Thanks, I feel real bad for my friend though. When I saw his car, I got sad for him. At least I caught the guy that hit my car, but then he has no license/insurance.

ep3guy
03-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Wow, just found out another one of my friends was a victim of a hit and run accident also. He has a Prelude. Pretty gay...

2k2_nbp_egg
03-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
I sincerely hope you called the cops and got a police report.
Otherwise, you'll be flippin the bill all by yourself...

Good luck.

Dude....wtf are you talking about? Ive been in numerous accidents where even when a police report had been filled....the fool flat out didnt have money to pay for my accident(s), so it ended up coming out of my pocket. I mean, yea, we couldve gotten a lawyer and sued the shit out of him, but how are you going to get money out of a poor son of a bitch who doesnt have insurance or a license? Best bet is to make sure the sack of shit doesnt drive again...which i made sure to do. FUCK ALL YOU INSURANCELESS DRUNK DRIVING PIECES OF SHIT sorry its been a couple months since ive been meaning to get that off my chest....not to mention i COULD have rims/tires/springs if my car didnt get hit....:mad:

IceD out N CALI
03-01-2003, 03:46 PM
GrrRrr i'd be pissed. good luck hope it pans out for you with no probs

Feng
03-01-2003, 04:58 PM
which fast food restaurant were you at, i'm in MD and i could really go for some In & Out...you calis are soooo lucky...and yeah, i'm also sorry about what happened to your car.

ep3guy
03-02-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg

Dude....wtf are you talking about? Ive been in numerous accidents where even when a police report had been filled....the fool flat out didnt have money to pay for my accident(s), so it ended up coming out of my pocket. I mean, yea, we couldve gotten a lawyer and sued the shit out of him, but how are you going to get money out of a poor son of a bitch who doesnt have insurance or a license? Best bet is to make sure the sack of shit doesnt drive again...which i made sure to do. FUCK ALL YOU INSURANCELESS DRUNK DRIVING PIECES OF SHIT sorry its been a couple months since ive been meaning to get that off my chest....not to mention i COULD have rims/tires/springs if my car didnt get hit....:mad:

Yeah, I hope this doesn't happen to me. Seems like this guy also has no money at all. He offered to give me $15 and to forget it. When he told me he didn't have a license and insurance, I went nuts. So now, I'm scared that this might come out of my own pocket.

Do you guys think I can use my insurance to get money from him? If so, would there be a nice $500 deductable? :mad:

which fast food restaurant were you at, i'm in MD and i could really go for some In & Out...you calis are soooo lucky...and yeah, i'm also sorry about what happened to your car.

I was at some Mexican fast food place. And In & Out... mmmmmm... double double animal style.

cj miller
03-02-2003, 03:37 AM
yeah after 1 week of having my nice new EP i go to mira mesa(san diego) street races. well we are all waiting at a light and some idiot as mother fucker with an Eclipse rear ends me!!!!!! i get out of my car and his front(gas ass bodykit) bumper on the ground. haha fucker. then i see a 3 inch long crack in my back bumber. also the bumber had a couple clips broek ont he left side so it pops out like maybe 1/8 inch. anyway i was pissed and i couldnt do anything becuase it was 3am and i had people in the car. niether i was allowed to have. i still havent got it fixed after 8 months becuase im just waiting for me to get a type r bumber.

kenis138
03-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Two Words: SCUM......BAG

People who have nothing to lose dont give a Fk bout themselves or what they do to anyone else.

golferjn
03-03-2003, 10:07 PM
that sucks man. hope everything works out. in-n-out - yummy. yeah mobworks is good. he'll do a great job.

ep3guy
03-03-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by golferjn
that sucks man. hope everything works out. in-n-out - yummy. yeah mobworks is good. he'll do a great job.

Yeah, talked to Miguel today. Very cool guy. Great customer service. I recommend anyone with body/paint work to MOBworks. I've seen a lot of cars with very nice paint jobs come out of there.

Check them out at www.MOBworks.com

Look through the gallery, they are also working on an EP widebody.

foilpan
03-04-2003, 12:34 AM
that's amazing... the cop couldn't do anything to the guy who hit you, even though he doesn't have a license OR insurance? that makes no sense. so this guy can be on private property and hit you, but NOT get in trouble with the law. but as soon as he leaves the parking lot, he could get nabbed for driving without a license, etc.?

ugh. good luck with the whole thing. i hope you can get the guy to pay... put him to work for you or something. getting body damage repaired on a new car suxxx.