PDA

View Full Version : Okay, call me an idiot, but how...

Brettnyt
03-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Ive never waxed a car before, im 16 and just got my car for X-mas, After washing my car every weekend for the past... 7 weeks? I have noticed that I am getting horrible webbing on the paint (Black Si). As stupid as it may sound, how do I get rid of the marks? Clay Bar? How does that work? What do I have to do? and what are the steps for waxing a car? Sorry for my incompetence.... All help would be appreciated, please dont just flame me, im dead serious...

-Brett

PS. Please just dont tell me to search, i see all the stuff about clay bars and swirl removers, but have no idea how these things are applied....

SiR Medic
03-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Some light marking is to be expected.

How have you been washing the car? What do you use to wash it?

If you are interested... Get the lates Super Street magazine (the one with the "Si-LENT BUT DEADLY" ep on the cover. It has an excellent article on using clay bars, swirl removers etc...

Whatever you do... don't skimp on wax! Get yourself some of the Maguires 3-step cleaner/polish/wax combo. Stuff works great on dark colored paint!

I just got a clay bar myself and I can't wait till the weather warms up enough for me to give my car some much needed lovin'.

ChapSchtick
03-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Love the black color because I love to spend time with it, call me anal. Check out this website, should answer all of your questions.

Proper Auto Care (http://properautocare.com/)

Good luck, and above all, HAVE FUN!

NamingException
03-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

If you are interested... Get the lates Super Street magazine (the one with the "Si-LENT BUT DEADLY" ep on the cover. It has an excellent article on using clay bars, swirl removers etc...

You mean excellent because of the chicks?

SiR Medic
03-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by NamingException

You mean excellent because of the chicks?

that too...
:p

Actually, it is pretty informative!

I prefer a woolen wash mitt to a towel though, traps dirt better.

Also... I refuse to give up on my chamois!

icegrill
03-02-2003, 12:12 AM
Thats so sad you've never waxed a car before. Are you going to be okay??:'(

Brettnyt
03-02-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by icegrill
Thats so sad you've never waxed a car before. Are you going to be okay??:'(

LOL, i dunno... I was talkin to my dad about it and hees only waxed a car once or twice before! (hees almost 51.... oops... i mean 34... ;) ) About the super Street article, i completely forgot about that, i have that issue, thanks for the reminder! I'll prolly pick up some Meguiar's to do the job... For past washing ive just been using some Armoral wash... has been workin great, but I need to wax now... Thanks for not flamin me! :D Oh yeah, just passed 1k on the way home from my GF's house!:D

-Brett