PDA

View Full Version : Got my progress springs installed

chakra71
03-01-2003, 09:01 PM
I went down to Montgomery today and got my springs installed. I went to Auto Visual Creations (AVC) and met Kenny (Minivankiller). He installed my springs (i don't have the tools and my appartments have a no car maintenance policy). I must say he did the job quite efficiently and was nice enough to let me and my brothers hang out. He even let me drive his EP to take my brothers to go and get some food and he had just installed his DC header.

Now i know a further direction for my car... more progress suspension parts, neuspeed short shifter and intake/header. (all things that i wanted, but now my car feels so tame with stock parts)

I love the look of my car now, fixed my only annoyance with the style. The body is now about 1 inch above the rubber in the back and about the same in the front. The handling is much better, but still feels sloppy after driving his with the progress roll-bar.

I will wash my car and post some before and after pics tomorrow. Mad props to Kenny and AVC for the install and good time today.

!@#$%
03-01-2003, 11:59 PM
I don't like to sound redundant in my posts, but did he cut the bumpstops?

02SilverSiHB
03-02-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
I don't like to sound redundant in my posts, but did he cut the bumpstops?
LOL! :D good question though....so did he trim them? I need to trim my front ones once I get back....from what I here, I was supposed to have instructions that said to do that, but they didn't come with that part :mad:

1abSi
03-02-2003, 01:56 PM
how much are you supposed to trim them?

chakra71
03-02-2003, 04:53 PM
yeah he cut the bumpstops front and rear. the paperwork says to cut them in half.

capt_shrimp
03-02-2003, 05:26 PM
i went by AVC saturday, kenny said i just missed you. (too many honey-do's) hopefully i am gonna have them do a CAI install for me. i am shooting for wednesday (looking at an empty wallet now, tho) maybe if i knock off a c-store, i'll have the funds by then. hate i missed you tho, maybe next time.

peace

Dunrick
03-02-2003, 09:29 PM
The search tool is not working for me - quick question...What is the drop on those Progress Springs? Also how are they treating ya?

chakra71
03-02-2003, 09:59 PM
Love the drop. We didn't take measurements but it believe that i read online that it was about 1.75 inches, looks closer to 2 tho. used stock shocks and no camber plate. I can tell that i need an alignment tho, but it's not too bad. i can make it a week or so until i get a chance to get that fixed. I haven't noticed any sounds from them yet, no popping or clanking. The look is amazing tho. it's worth the money just for the change in style. here are some pics

before the drop (ignore the dirty car, it's rained for 2 weeks straight)

http://www.boomspeed.com/chakra71/beforedropf.jpg

after the drop (obviously)

http://www.boomspeed.com/chakra71/afterdropf.jpg

and a shot of the back, after drop

http://www.boomspeed.com/chakra71/dropdirty.jpg

and of course, the crazy shot all clean and waxed

http://www.boomspeed.com/chakra71/dropstyle.jpg

1 fstr si
03-03-2003, 08:36 AM
so, im doin the same thing this next sunday, did u need a camber kit for the rear, and do u need to get a front camber kit?

bigcase
03-03-2003, 11:21 AM
yeah, i got progress springs too. ive had em for about two months. i got clankng and popping when they travel a lot. sounds like theyre bottoming out. we cut the stops like the directions said, but im still getting a lot of unwanted noise. i think my stops are busted. im running stock shocks too. anybody out there got the same problem? could it be dry linkages? im just real sick of my stuff sounding like its gonna fly apart when i hit big bumps. i am running some low pro tires on 17 inch tenzos. i know that could have something to do with it, but damn people, the noise is getting old. at this point i will pretty much do anything to make it stop. HEELLPP!!

chakra71
03-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Don't know how bad the camber is off right now, i'm taking it this weekend to get the alignment checked and see if it can get close to spec without a kit, i'll let you know then.

As far as noise goes... i haven't heard any really. This morning i heard just a small amount of popping as i turned. I was inside a parking deck and it was 4:00 in the morning so it was real quiet. Have you tried getting some of that wrap that they send and putting more in the places where it's clanking and rubbing? See if that helps if not then i'm not sure where to go from there. I might not have as much because of my stock tires absorbing some of the shock that your lower profile tires send to the springs.

IceD out N CALI
03-03-2003, 04:07 PM
not bad looking-looks about the same as the sportline drop

bigcase
03-03-2003, 04:16 PM
well i will have to try that. my mechanic is acquiring some more stops for me and we are gonna try to go ahead and redo what weve already done. ill tell him to get some more wrap too. i love the drop and it looks awesome but the noise is a definite buzzkill. wish i had five gees for the full tein setup. but hey, champagne tastes, beer budget. anybody making any nice, reasonably priced adjustable shocks for our rigs yet?