PDA

View Full Version : Just installed new rear speakers

SiR Medic
03-02-2003, 02:00 PM
I just replaced the factory rear speakers for 6.5" Pioneer 2-ways...

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

I was thinking about putting in a subwoofer, but new rears add more than enough bass for my modest stereo needs.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/Images/CarProduct2002/TS-G1647.jpg

paralysis
03-02-2003, 02:40 PM
Are you running the 6.5" Pioneer 2-ways off of the stock Cd player?

Jpax
03-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Nice speakers. Im glad you finally did something about them.

ShowstoppersUSA
03-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Sweet! Did you install it yourself? And does anyone know the biggest speakers we can fit in the rear? I wish I could hear how it sounds, I'm sure it sounds clean. I think imma put some Sony Xplods's.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Jpax
03-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
I think imma put some Sony Xplods's.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

:eek:

SiR Medic
03-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by paralysis
Are you running the 6.5" Pioneer 2-ways off of the stock Cd player?

Yes indeedley-doodley!

Had to drill a few new holes... The stock ones use 3 screws while the Pioneers take 4... No biggie.

Also, I had to cut off the stock wiring harness that clips on to the stock speakers and use insulated connectors... Again no biggie.

I have also found out that the best tool for removing those rear speaker grills is a regular butter-knife wrapped in cotton cloth! No scratches or scrapes.

Just the new speakers made a world of difference in the bass. Those rear-quarter panels act like sub-boxes!

P.S. I wouldn't think of using Sony. Sony made decent products in the 80's but since then have been coasting by on their name and still charging premium prices.

ShowstoppersUSA
03-06-2003, 07:48 PM
I heard the Sony's in a Celica and the bass was bumpin. But Toyota's have a pretty clean stock system, so maybe it was that. I haven't done a lotta research on speaker prices or quality, help me out guys! Thanks.

Rocky the Showstopper

I-4Si
03-10-2003, 08:20 PM
as we've found out the stock speakers are pretty crappy. I put Rockford Fosgate's in the rear and like SiRMedic it made a huge difference. I like the way they sounded and the price wasn't too bad either.

golferjn
03-10-2003, 08:25 PM
nice speakers

IceD out N CALI
03-10-2003, 09:26 PM
our stock speakers suck, so good thing you replaced them. i felt the same way as u when i first replaced mine with mb quartz, night and day difference

BlackNRedSi
03-11-2003, 07:25 AM
hey guys...fair warning....i put the sony explods in as my back speakers....they were alright, but no where near what i wanted....i would suggest using the sony explods as fill in's in the back of your whip....

check out my post with my new system...i have bostons all around with a 12' w6v2

C1V1C
03-11-2003, 07:14 PM
SiR Medic,

What is the RMS wattage for your speakers ? I am planning to get a pair for front may be with the head unit also.

Well, actually it is a dilemma again. I want to change the audio step by step, head unit first, front speakers, then rear speakers, then add an amp + 1 10" sub.

My question is, are those speakers upgradeable ? I mean If I want it louder can I just add 4 channel amps and hook it up to 4 speakers ? and use the sub output from the head unit and connect it amp and sub ?

help me out guys !!

BlackNRedSi
03-12-2003, 08:29 AM
well they are just ok...if you want to get that LOUD LOUD pitch i wouldn

SiR Medic
03-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by C1V1C
SiR Medic,

What is the RMS wattage for your speakers ? I am planning to get a pair for front may be with the head unit also.

:confused:

Don't be askin' me no techy questions about stereo equipment!

I am by no means an audiophile and this could quite possibly be the last stereo upgrade for my car.

Nominal power for these is 30W BTW, hope that helps!

Mad02Si
03-17-2003, 06:35 PM
What's the model number on those? They look like the ones I bought from crutchfield for like 50 bucks a pair. i had them in my Crx. I got them in the garage but if they are better than stock I might switch them out.