PDA

View Full Version : E brake question

TomR123
03-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Does anyone know how to take the E brake button off, not the handle, just the little button.

Brettnyt
03-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Uh, why.... So you can take off the entire release mechanism and drive with the E-brake on ALL the time? or take all the holding stuff out so you can rally? Either way, how the hell would ya park your car? If ya wanna rally, just tape the button down :D

TomR123
03-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Well its more of a rally thing, and the button wouldnt always be on, the key is to make it so that the button is only on when you pull it up, it just doesnt stay up. to make it stay up you use someting that instead of pushing to release you pull on the button to keep it up (in uses for parking).

simann
03-06-2003, 07:47 PM
My brother and I were surfin Ebay about two weeks ago when he spotted some JDM drifter cap..It slips over the button compressing it, thus gives you the "rally" grab up push down e brake deal. i will try to find it again.... :D

Stay tuned...

Sooky
03-08-2003, 12:33 AM
have u ever tried pulling the ebrake on a turn? it doesnt do anything for some reason....

what would happen is that i'd yank it but it doesnt apply enough pressure to get the car to drift... :(

i wonder if it can be tinkered with

JaycivicSi
03-08-2003, 08:55 PM
it works well in the snow but ive tried it in the rain and i get the same feeling as you do, that it doesnt seem like enough pressure is there.

TomR123
03-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Well that is an issue that can be cleared up with two things that I can think of

1. The new button, allows for faster application and less worries about it sticking.

2. maybe a cable adjustment is called for, Ive heard of people doing it on rsx and ephatch forums

JDMEP3
03-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Ya that E Brake thing really sucks! I was in my RSX and tried to pull an e brake on wet pavement and noting happened it suck. Same think with my EP now I was wondering if the adjustment could be tightened up or something??

Jpax
03-15-2003, 06:17 PM
I agree,m the Ebrake sucks ass on the ep. I can"t swing the ass end around. :(

CleanBlackSi02
03-15-2003, 11:52 PM
I think Honda doesen't want to encourage us trying to drift our FWD cars... I'd like a drift kit though...for those rainy days. :D

Dunrick
03-16-2003, 10:51 AM
Mine will lock my backwheels up, and I can kick it out like a motha...Maybe there is tons of faulty e-brakes

StrangeShadow
03-17-2003, 11:04 AM
just need to crank those things up.
I'm curently in the proses of doing so, my center thing is all pulled apart right now, just wanted to check a few thins here first,
your title poped up in my e-brake search,
a numbr of ppl have done it already simply to keep the cars from rolling down hills, I'm sure it would work drifting wise as well, I remember my dad doing it all the time in an older car of his, hehe:D I'm attempting to get that same feel.

TomR123
03-17-2003, 01:36 PM
what is involved in taking off the rear console to get at the cables?

StrangeShadow
03-18-2003, 11:40 AM
what is involved in taking off the rear console to get at the cables?
all you need is a screw driver, and 1/2 wrench.
>two srcews on each side of the back part of the console, located near the floor, just below the back seat cupholder. (get those out and the console comes off)
>at the base of e(hand) brake, there will be a cable, w/a nut on it.
(that's where the 1/2 wrench comes in)
>just tighten it up to fix the prb., make sure it isn't too tight, otherwise you may drag the brake, getting it just right may take a few times, try rolling down the road and aplying the e brake to see if it has an actual effect now.
>prior to adjusting mine would go up a good ways before actually working, now I barely pull and if works, however it may be a little too tight, so before going to work today I'll be out there again, giving a little slack.
>then put all back together.

BlackNRedSi
03-19-2003, 11:47 AM
I think that there is going to be a recall on these e-brakes....

i went out and whipped my car around the block, to check the e-brake on my car....i could whip the car right around with out a problem of any kind of pressure...

it doesnt have the pressure of my camaro, but then again thats alot more of a heavier car....

hmmmm....

it seems like alot of us recently on this website have found alot of problmes with our EPs.....did honda just stop thinking when they did some of their engineering?

ortedd
03-19-2003, 03:18 PM
i think it is an adjustment thing, it is hard to get enough leverage when the handle is so far up. . . . my old car had drums in the back with a huge lever arm(in the drums) for the hand brake, i could lock those babies at any speed. . . .

TomR123
03-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
I think that there is going to be a recall on these e-brakes....

i went out and whipped my car around the block, to check the e-brake on my car....i could whip the car right around with out a problem of any kind of pressure...

it doesnt have the pressure of my camaro, but then again thats alot more of a heavier car....

hmmmm....

it seems like alot of us recently on this website have found alot of problmes with our EPs.....did honda just stop thinking when they did some of their engineering?

The thing that amazes me the most is that my rear speakers were not screwed in all they way. I was like what the shit is that? Not what I think of when I hear Honda

BlackNRedSi
03-20-2003, 09:26 AM
Tom,

you have any pictures of your car?

Eric

dc5-K20A3
03-20-2003, 06:32 PM
The e-brake on the ep3/dc5 works pretty poorly in executing powerslides. I had to use basically half my strength pulling on the e-brake to get the back end to break loose in the rain.

It works perfectly fine at keeping the car in place when stationary though.

StrangeShadow
03-21-2003, 12:09 AM
hmm... this just makes me want an AWD ep... some day...(dreams on)

simann
03-22-2003, 08:04 AM
Last night I went to an empty mall parking lot and tried drifting the car... I got to 45MPH and pulled the E brake...WOW, higher speeds locks the brake better, who wouldove thought?

hahahahah, it was sooo fun I did it 5 more times, I can say I am gonna try tighting the cable, but try it on a BIG open parkin lot at 40-50 MPH, itll work....

I like drifting, but I dont want to mess up my parking brake!:o

TomR123
03-22-2003, 08:41 AM
No pics, I dont know if anyone wants to see a stock silver SI. only thing noticably different is the alpine head unit.