PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Race Header

RSXTypeR
03-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Haven't been to this site for a few months but I thought Id share this with all of you.

I recently installed a Jackson Race Header on my RSX and got some awesome gains. The car was taken to R&D Dyno and tested. I gained 16.8 whp and 6lbs of torque.

The reason why I went with the Jackson over Comptech was their quality. I have owned a Bseries Header in the past and it was also very powerfull.

This same header should bolt onto your motors, and for those of you concerned with losing your cat. This is the header for you, because of the test pipe included it would be very easy to have a cat fit this set up.

I have also had no problem with the check engine light, unlike the comptech race header.

This header shouldn't cost anyone more than $650

autojive
03-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Question:
Does this header replace the downpipe also (like the soon-to-come Borla header)?

cpu519
03-03-2003, 10:31 AM
RSXTyper R, I've been following your progress on installing the Jackson race header on clubrsx. Yeah, that header seems to be the easiest to install a cat on, but I thought I read somewhere that your car has to have 80,000 miles or more before you can replace the cat (in CA anyway). A Carsound cat would fit on the testpipe with no problem. If the 80,000 rule applies, then I suppose the stock cat can be incorporated into the testpipe by a skilled exhaust tech. No CEL? Sweet! I also like that header because it clears the swaybar completely, unlike other versions. Everyone, here's the link: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=66530&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

fsugatorbait
03-03-2003, 11:38 AM
reading on the clubrsx forum it states that this header works on the rsx-s, would this also work on our car? Sounds great, very interested. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

RSXTypeR
03-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Yes this header is a complete replacement of the Exhaust Manifold, Downpipe, & Cat. It is a 2 piece header which makes it more convenient to add a hi-flow cat.

A friend of mine just ordered one for his base rsx, so Im pretty sure it would work fine on your cars. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

I chose this over the comptech and paid about $300 less and gained the same whp.

fishboy
03-03-2003, 04:25 PM
rsxtyper, can you post some pics of your car? i was kinda looking in clubrsx but i couldn't find anything. your car sounds badass and i'm sure we would all love to see it. i've seen port's car, now i just need to see yours to be complete.:D

RSXTypeR
03-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Sure Ill get some photos together...

fishboy
03-04-2003, 11:07 AM
hell yeah! :)

RSXTypeR
03-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey fishboy, Im taking pictures today. Just got my new kit so I will be posting pics tomorrow

fishboy
03-07-2003, 12:03 PM
sweet, bro. i can't wait.:)

fsugatorbait
03-07-2003, 12:24 PM
me too, very interested!

PoRT
03-07-2003, 02:54 PM
richard.. i need to get with you. i think i am ordering this very soon. what size piping are you running from the header back? where did you order it from? i might give chris a call at AK1 and see what he can do for me. can you feel it in low or high end? hows the "seat of the pants" dyno? lol thanks for keeping us informed man.

RSXTypeR
03-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Whats up port, hows everything been. As for the piping Im running after the header...its the stock type r exhaust system, you should be able to extract more power going with an aftermarket exhaust system. As for power being felt, hell yeah you can feel a little low end and alot of high end. My gains were pretty easily felt.

I just heard from chris, you'll be very happy with this header. I haven't gotten a cel yet, but Im also running a different ecu than you are.

Take care all you guys, I will let you know of any other good power products.

I will be testing a new crank pulley (which will work on your motor also) CFR (long time nissan tuners) theyre new to honda, so well see how it dyno's.

Richard

02SilverSiHB
03-15-2003, 09:17 PM
hey RSXTypeR....I'm not saying I don't believe you, but you say you gain 16whp....do you have dyno graphs...sorry if it's already posted on the link that was provided....but I can't access it.....this government computer prohibits me from going to that site....luckly they haven't prohibited this one :)

I'm just wondering what your stock whp was before. Also, you have the type r motor? Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I get on here and look at as much stuff as I can and then have to get off real quick....I'm deployed at the moment in the desert...thanks,
Mike

RSXTypeR
03-17-2003, 12:38 PM
No Problem, Check out ClubRSX...and do a search for Jackson Race Header. My should be the biggest concerning that Header.

Also everything was put to stock, the stock type r motor dyno'd in at 191.? and after installing the Jackson Race Header it dyno'd in at 208.? This was all done, with a Comptech fanatic watching. Much more has been done to this motor since, so it will be dyno'd this week sometime.

JDM_Si
03-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey RSXTypeR - How did you get your key for the ignition to work with the JDM ECU? Did you take it to an Acura dealer and had them reset the code? Also, if you did take it to a dealer, were they reluctant to do it because it's a Japanese ECU not U.S.? BTW that is a sick ass ride!

RSXTypeR
03-17-2003, 04:28 PM
I did take it to the dealer but they didn't have any info on the type R ecu, so they were no help. I talked to lots of dealerships...no one could help. Finally ran into an ecu reprogrammer & he hooked it up. What he did I am not sure, but it worked.

02SilverSiHB
03-18-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by RSXTypeR
No Problem, Check out ClubRSX...and do a search for Jackson Race Header. My should be the biggest concerning that Header.

Also everything was put to stock, the stock type r motor dyno'd in at 191.? and after installing the Jackson Race Header it dyno'd in at 208.? This was all done, with a Comptech fanatic watching. Much more has been done to this motor since, so it will be dyno'd this week sometime.
unfortunately I can't access the clubrsx site....it's prohibited from using this government computer and I'll be here for a few months.....

RSXTypeR
03-18-2003, 07:22 AM
I will copy it & post it today

02SilverSiHB
03-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by RSXTypeR
I will copy it & post it today
thanks! It sucks that I can't go to some simple sites...I can't figure out why the filter sites like that :(

fsugatorbait
03-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Curious if you've thrown a code yet with the test pipe?