PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure regulator

ephatchback
03-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Can we use AEM fuel pressure regulators even though there's no fuel return? Someone(w/o a new si)told me we couldn't. If so, does it install in the same place as before(on old si's)?

CSMsi311
03-15-2003, 09:31 PM
adj. fpr restrict the flow going into the return line. more restriction, more pressure in the fuel rail. So I would imagine that if there is not a return line to restrict than a conventional adj. fpr will not work.

Jason

hardstafperf
03-21-2003, 02:15 PM
I talked to Robert at AEM Inc. this week, as I was trying to figure out if there would be any fuel delivery problems running nitrous. What them told me was that the stock fuel pump in the K series rides already has an integrated fuel pressure regulator as part of the I-VTEC setup. They didn't know this at first and put a FPR on their setup to run it. After they replaced the motor in the 3-week old project-RSX, they found that if you try to put a FPR in-line, the two cancel each other out, which then runs the system lean, and BANG! Detonation is a mo-fo! They said for the next setup, they ran a stand-alone setup where they placed a 2.5 gal fuel cell of race gas where the stock airbox was, and then ran a fuel pump, FPR, and NX direct port setup. Then it was just a matter of running wiring to toggle between the two fuel systems. I find that anytime you have a question about your ride, call the manufacturer of the parts, and they usually have an answer. You never get a personal touch through email.

Bill Harding
HardStaf Performance
Import and Sport Compact Stuff
931-624-4201