PDA

View Full Version : New steering wheel!

BSEVEER
03-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Just got back from the dealer so they could top off my oil (about 1qt down after 3k mi) and I asked about my steering wheel that does not have red stitching. Apparently my car was broke into on the lot befor I bought it. They said some were broke into and had the seats and steering wheel taken. They didn't bother telling me this before I bought it. Oh well, they are going to replace the wheel next week for one with red stitching! Anyway, I'm glad it will be the way it is supposed to be!

ballsdeep
03-03-2003, 04:53 PM
At least there doing the right thing now and replacing it but thats still messed up that they didnt take care of it to begin with. I guess it could be worse at least you have the right seats. I wonder what kind of seats they used to replace the stolen ones. I feel bad for the kid driving around a new si with EX seats.

02situner
03-03-2003, 05:47 PM
tell them to get you the steering wheel with the red h..

IceD out N CALI
03-03-2003, 05:52 PM
good for you-they're taking care of you like they should

Mugen_EP
03-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 02situner
tell them to get you the steering wheel with the red h..

I agree 100%

Type X
03-03-2003, 06:59 PM
i would bitch that i wasnt told that my car was vandalized prior to taking it

King Kang
03-03-2003, 08:22 PM
That dealer's story sounds a little fishy....I've had a car broken into and it is nearly impossible to clean every single peice of glass out of the carpet and crevices. Hunt around you car really really well and see if the dealer's story holds water. I'd also look and see if there was a law stating that dealers had to tell you about any damage that had happened to your car prior to you buying it. It sounds to me like your dealer is up to something fishy.

IMO a car's not new after it has been broken into......

BlackFL2k2Si
03-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Good job on finally getting them to change it. I'm going into tomorrow morning for them to put my new one on. Took 'em three weeks to finally go about ordering it and setting me up with an "appointment" to come in. No story about being broken into though...

golferjn
03-03-2003, 09:03 PM
thats good

atl-si
03-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Someone broke into the car you bought and no one told you about it!:eek: I am usually calm but this would make me a mad bull and $h!t talker!

fASTBACK
03-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Man!!! I would go back there and make them give me a new car!!!

BlackFL2k2Si
03-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Finally I have my wheel on with red stitching. Arrived at Honda this morning at 8:15...finally home at 12:30 :mad: Turns out that the wheel they had ordered had also come in with black stitching, and they decided to tell me after I waited the 2 hours for them to put that exact wheel on my car. So I spoke with the head Tech guy and he just took a wheel off of an '03 Si and put it on my car, right there and then. As much as it sounds like Honda screwed up, the dealer handled it great so I'm very happy :D The new wheel definitely looks better than the black stitched one. :p

blueiedgod
03-04-2003, 11:38 AM
i have a suspicion that my Si was broken into as well before i bought it. When i took her home, i found a shard of glass. then i kept hearing a squeaking noise from the driver's door. one day i took a good look at it, and noticed that the tweeter was not installed correctly. I was told prior to delivery that my 2002 had 2003 seats because one of the tech's drove the car with his screwdriver in the pocket and ripped the alacantra. they placed an order from honda, but so that i would not wait took the seats out of a 2003 si they had on the lot and installe din mine. The other day i was cleaning the car and found another glass shard, and noticed the the rear speaker grilles and the surroundings had screwdriver marks. I wonder if the car has been broken into, thieves took the seats, and the speakers (don't understand why they need the crappy stock ones). the dealer fixed the seats and glass, but did not tell me. Are there any legal ramificatons? should i complain to the dealership and american honda?

BSEVEER
03-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Ya, It kind of sucks to think that the car may have been vandalized before I bought it. I have also had another car broken into and I know that it is impossible to get all of the broken glass out but I have not found any pieces in the EP. The only other complaint I have about the car is a creaking from the drivers door. I don't know, maybe I should try to get something else out of the dealer for not telling me about the vandalizim before I bought the car.

dw735
03-04-2003, 03:14 PM
off topic but my drivers dorr rattles. there is something in side rattling. now i have to tak eof the panel to see what is rattling, everytime i go over a bump, or if i listen to a song with bass, that thing keeps rattling and it bugs me. oh yeah, also when i shut the door. for those who think you got ur cars broken into, check the plastic pieces because they vacuum it up, the glass tends to move around adn scratch the plastic pieces. just my two cents. i dont think those guys know how to clean up broken glass that did it to my moms rsx.

chakra71
03-04-2003, 05:27 PM
my doors rattle too... can't figure out what it is tho. When we took the door panels off to do my tint a piece of the foam that was inside it just fell out, like wasn't glued in or anything. I had hoped that this would fix the rattle, but no luck. One day i'll get in there and just take it all up. one day....

glw
03-04-2003, 06:56 PM
I believe that car sales are regulated by the states. I also believe that there is a limit beyond which the repair exceeds that they must report it (to whom I'm not sure-but I think the buyer).

I hope someone knows more. I'd like ther details because my SI never really had that new car smell very strong... It smelled more like my old Celica after it was nearly totaled and then repaired (3 months in the shop).

cease
03-04-2003, 07:19 PM
hey bseveer,
i have a buddy that works at pasadena honda and he told me that some fools broke into some SI's on the lot and took the front seats, shift knob, and steering wheels. they were all black SI's :(

BSEVEER
03-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by cease
hey bseveer,
i have a buddy that works at pasadena honda and he told me that some fools broke into some SI's on the lot and took the front seats, shift knob, and steering wheels. they were all black SI's :(

I got mine (silver) at Sierra in Monrovia where I guess the same thing happened. I think they caught someone because they were stupid enough to try to sell the seats in the Penny Saver. In what part of LA do you live Cease?

cease
03-04-2003, 08:54 PM
eagle rock

SBC31
03-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
Apparently my car was broke into on the lot befor I bought it. They said some were broke into and had the seats and steering wheel taken.

Do you know if they broke into the car by breaking the glass for sure??? Sometimes, dumbass thieves bend the metal underneath the door handles, thus requiring body work and paint. All I'm saying is that if your car has already been painted or part of it anyway, you should be entitled to know.

Glad to see you did get the proper steering wheel.

Why do I have a feeling that in the future this story may get repeated. I have a felling that your dealer will replace the proper sterring wheel from the car they now took it from , and put the black stitching one on it.

BSEVEER
03-05-2003, 01:39 PM
I don't see any evidence of repainting. It's almost impossible to mask everything perfectly and you can usually tell when something has been repainted. As for the wheel, they told me the black wheel was ordered and installed after the vandalism but didn't know why it didn't have red stitching.