PDA

View Full Version : camber wear?

ek9jdmhb
03-03-2003, 05:24 PM
I have a camber kit on my car and had the alignment done about 13000 miles ago. My problem is my tires are going real fast:mad: actually just the left front. now, i heard because of our suspension, we didnt even need a front camber kit. Is that true? am i a retard? is god real?

dw735
03-03-2003, 07:49 PM
you know what, my front left wheel is off by like - 1.82 degrees. what is funny is that alignment dude said it was max. out. now i have to take it back to my dealership for them to fix it because i dont want to buy a new kit. its funny how all other three are aligned except that one. but if anyone is getting their car lowered, you need cambers. actually for all four. is your left camber out?(front)

chunky
03-03-2003, 08:57 PM
with a mild drop you won't need a front camber kit.

HOWEVER, if you drop 2.0" you MIGHT need a camber kit, you might not.

But camber correction for the front wheels is easy, 25 bucks from comptech and you can get the camber bolts required for proper camber correction.

As for why it's the left front, i'm sure driver's weight adds a bit of negative camber on the front left. ;)

taikahn
03-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Or 4$ each for the front camber bolts made by honda --- PM me if you cant find the part number (do a search, its posted) -- I ordered them and paid 8$ for both from my local honda dealer (who swore they didnt exist, and ordered me some visor clips or some shit the first time, but after my insistance and part # he got me the bolts ) ---

ek9jdmhb
03-03-2003, 09:01 PM
yeah, the front right is wearing a little but the fl is totally bald on the inside. The thing that pissed me off is that while i started doing the right side of my ar, i stripped the key to my lug nuts.

ek9jdmhb
03-03-2003, 09:03 PM
i already have a camber kit:'( im gonn get it aligned sometime next week.

chunky
03-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by taikahn
Or 4$ each for the front camber bolts made by honda --- PM me if you cant find the part number (do a search, its posted) -- I ordered them and paid 8$ for both from my local honda dealer (who swore they didnt exist, and ordered me some visor clips or some shit the first time, but after my insistance and part # he got me the bolts ) ---

I read on this forum that the honda OEM bolts don't come with a matching nut, so you have to go buy one.

Also, the honda camber bolts only allow for +/- 1 degree so i've read - the comptech allows for +/- 1.75 degrees.