PDA

View Full Version : super newb exhaust questions!

chubbychu
03-03-2003, 09:40 PM
FIRST of all let me say! searching takes too long...ive read a couple tid-bits which piqued my curiosity and results in me asking these stupid questions

okay
1. what CARB EXEMPT cat or axel backs are out there?
2. When you guys install your own exhaust...is it just unbolting the place where it connects to the headers and just bolting it back and putting it into the hangars? cuz i want a semi quiet exhaust that sounds good...NO RICE PLEASE! and wont cost me an arm and a leg? do you think you could help please?

03hatch
03-04-2003, 12:07 AM
cat back exhaust will cost you an arm and a leg....you can always go with just the exhaust :D

chubbychu
03-04-2003, 12:10 AM
oh thanks for the advice...now im just wondering what kind of axel backs are out there that are carb legal? if any

mrfixit687
03-04-2003, 12:20 AM
exhaust doesnt need to be carb legal since it does nothing to the emission, they only need to be noise level legal

Suk02Si
03-04-2003, 05:29 AM
if you want to stay on the down low, then don't get an axel back or full cat back. Just get a midpipe like my MBRP which has a pretty big resonator or have a custom midpipe made with or without a resonator. I know searching is a bitch but if you look up Midpipe you'll get a ton of hits.;)

chubbychu
03-04-2003, 07:12 PM
thanks for the info...ive decided to stick with the stock one...i need the low end...its low enough as it is