PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

$kraps
03-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, Im new at this so bare with me.. I just bought my ep about a month ago, I have a 02 ep (white) with 17 motegi mr7's (white) Skunk2 coilovers, red H emblems, piaa fog lights and thats all for now ...ill have pics by the weekend once i get my coilovers on...
Also ive installed springs before but never coilovers and i have a quick question about it...before installation of the coilover sleeves once everything is disasembled do you cut that spring seat off of the strut on the bottom? Sorry for the question I know ya'll get tired of hearing it but thanks for the help.

golferjn
03-03-2003, 10:18 PM
congrats on the ep. welcome and hello

$kraps
03-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks man, appreciate it......Do you have any idea about my question about the coilovers?

atl-si
03-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Welcome and congrats. What kind of coilover kit do you have? You don't have to cut off the spring perch I think. Should just work by placing coilover on the perch.

$kraps
03-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks man i have skunk2 coilovers....I was at the shop yesterday and they were gonna charge me 300 bones to do it i thought that was way too much when i know i could do it myself but the guy said the reason it would take so long is because he had to cut the perches off for max drop...thanks

fsugatorbait
03-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by $kraps
Thanks man i have skunk2 coilovers....I was at the shop yesterday and they were gonna charge me 300 bones to do it i thought that was way too much when i know i could do it myself but the guy said the reason it would take so long is because he had to cut the perches off for max drop...thanks

That guy at the shop was B.S.'n you...I put GC on my accord, the sleeve rests on the base of the perch, without it it would slide down the strut body. Its a piece of cake, installs just like springs.

$kraps
03-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks man ....good thing I asked

ssvr6
03-04-2003, 05:22 PM
Moving to EP Discussion.

Please follow the posting rules when posting in the Member Forum.

Steve

IceD out N CALI
03-04-2003, 05:32 PM
welcome to the site